What's new
What adapter / converter do you recommend I use?
Capcom IO all the way!

In my cab I only have one PSU and that lacks the 3.3v JVS requires.
I simply connect the Capcom IO to the HAS, then connect the JVS USB + JVS Power outputs to the Naomi.
Video (31k VGA) and audio (RCA to 3.5mm) is directly connected to the cab.

It should be noted if you run a DIMM setup it draws more power than the Capcom IO can provide stock (it can however be modded).

Could you please elaborate the "it can however be modded" ?
I can't really because I haven't personally performed it.
My buddy Derrick did, maybe he will pop-in to answer some questions about the mod if I summon him.

@Derick2k Requesting information Capcom IO mod.

My advice to anyone wanting to run a DIMM in a Naomi... DONT!
Carts are about 10,000,000x better and multi-game (2-in-1's) carts DO EXIST.

I've been begging Darksoft for a "true" Naomi multi-cart for what a year now?
The general feeling among most people is that NetDIMM is good enough.
Well I'm here to tell you that's total BS, because DIMMs themselves are in fact BS.
Know what I did with my CF (I never had a Net) DIMM? I just gave it away (because I hated everything about it)!

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be noted if you run a DIMM setup it draws more power than the Capcom IO can provide stock (it can however be modded).
Could you please elaborate the "it can however be modded" ?
You can swap out the onboard dc-to-dc converter on the capcom io with a higher amperage one, I would say at least a 6amp.

Last edited:
Even I just bought a NetDIMM, I agree with you @jassin000 :D , a Darksoft Naomi multi-cart would be really great 8o
Thanks @Derick2k for your reply, but it's above my skills. I will continue with my 700W PSU.

Thanks @Derick2k for your reply, but it's above my skills. I will continue with my 700W PSU.
Dont blame ya, its a little bit of a pain to mod these in a way. I have only done like 4-5 of them. I myself dont need them as my cabs are jvs/jamma ready.

Thank you for making the HAS. I am very happy to own one. Now, I want to declutter a little. I want to get rid of the arcade psu and have a pico power supply attached to the enclosure. Which pico psu is ideal for the HAS? How do I connect it?

Thank you for making the HAS. I am very happy to own one. Now, I want to declutter a little. I want to get rid of the arcade psu and have a pico power supply attached to the enclosure. Which pico psu is ideal for the HAS? How do I connect it?
Not sure, but you will want to get something that you can at least adjust the voltage on the 5v line and has -5v also for those boards that need it.

As @Derick2k pointed out if you need -5V you will not get it from a PICO PSU, The -5V was dropped from the ATX standard in 2002.

To use a PicoPSU you will require a 12V supply so I don't really understand how this is going to declutter ?

Thank you. I am using the happ as well. Maybe the solution for me would be to put everything in a box and in this way create an enclosed super gun that has the psu inside. Right now I have many cables all around. Also with the psu so exposed it may be a hazardous. I am just trying to tidy up everything.

All items will most likely be available, but this time I'm not doing pre-orders.

Only the remaining stock, so a few of these:

31819959315_af77398ecb_z.jpg

@RGB So....I am gonna be needing 3x complete HAS units when available, just a friendly reminder :D

@RGB Uh... 2x HAS units for me as well (when available) please.
Don't need the full kits, but soldered headers/jumpers on the HAS itself greatly appreciated. :D

Back