What's new
RGB, I replied to your PM. Sent you the list of what I need. Thanks.

I have the old one, and I'm interested in the new one :) (PM Sent)

Thanks!

RGB, order placed and payment sent. Let me know when you have the DB15 to Saturn adapters again. Thanks again, this is going to make an excellent present for my nephew, he is a bit upset I didnt get him a Blast or an Astro City.

Thank you guys :) All PMs will be replied in a few hours.

@Derick2k - make sure your nephew reads the instruction manual for HAS! Also, not sure how old he is, but please protect the PSU in some way, so that it's not exposed.

Thanks RGB, he's 26, so old enough to mess it up I guess, lol. I will set it all up for him. He is still a bit bitchy with me since I didnt get him a cab for xmas, since he got me an iWatch, like its my fault. So its this and a CPS2 Multikit, he can get his own xrgb mini.

Thanks RGB, he's 26, so old enough to mess it up I guess, lol. I will set it all up for him. He is still a bit bitchy with me since I didnt get him a cab for xmas, since he got me an iWatch, like its my fault. So its this and a CPS2 Multikit, he can get his own xrgb mini.
I want uncles like you :D

........, but please protect the PSU in some way, so that it's not exposed.
I went digging through some bins and found this power supply W/4 pin Molex connector. Got it with a Sata to Usb Kit a year ago for i think something like $8. could be a better option than a $20 arcade PSU. less of a risk of shock?

xqt6OMG.jpg

This should work correct? Obviously there is no -5v. but i would think there wouldn't be any issues? Maybe a molex breakout cable to line up the rails with the HAS power input. 12v at 2000mA, 5v at 2000mA

I got a small beagle that HAS to smell everything. exposed power rails on a Arcade PSU, probably a bad idea in the house.
QPovPKi.jpg

if the power supply works I'll try to dig up a bookmark on where i picked it up from.

Thanks deibit. I forgot about the CPS-II. I was reading the Amperage wrong and only looking at a CAVE CV1000 as well.

i was reading the +12V (1.5A) as 1500mA and [+5V (12A) as 1200mA] <-- = wrong

thanks for pointing it out. Back to the power supply bin or i'll find a link to a proper PSU and post.

I would just get a regular Arcade Power Supply and cover it with some well ventilated enclosure (like some Superguns do).

Quick update. The plan was to send all packages on Friday, but I got swamped with orders and packing stuff took way more than I had thought it would. I shipped 90% today, the rest will go tomorrow. I've already sent you e-mails with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers :)

@MissionFailed - 2A is not enough.. it's probably OK for newer MVS models and Cave SH3 PCBs, but I wouldn't risk with anything else (unless you can measure amperage draw of your PCBs to find the suitable ones). Also, that dog is so awesome.. I'm jealous.

Thanks RGB, got my confirmation email. Hopefully it gets here quickly.

@RGB

Thanks for the info about shipping, I seriously can't wait! I wanted to ask if you have a recommendation for the psu? I saw several arcade psu's on ebay, and was thinking about getting this Happ one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Happ-15-AMP...663195?hash=item19d438a01b:g:IsIAAOxyKsZRvz5Q

I had one of those in my astro city for 4 years and had no issues with it, so I was thinking to give it a try.
Mugicha, thats the same power supply I ordered and should work just fine.

@Mugicha - It looks like a fine PSU.

Another choice (my favourite) is Mean Well MWP-606 or SUZO 42PP0606 - they are the exact same PSUs, just different branding.

I just ordered that power supply form you all's recommendations. thanks guys :) found a external in my Psu bin with a single 5v 5a rail, but sounds better to just throwing PSU in a box or make like a HAS supergun. another fun project.....
@MissionFailed - 2A is not enough.. it's probably OK for newer MVS models and Cave SH3 PCBs, but I wouldn't risk with anything else (unless you can measure amperage draw of your PCBs to find the suitable ones). Also, that dog is so awesome.. I'm jealous.
ya been in a Cave hole and read a lot of forum post of people having issues with those boards running on certain PSUs. Was just using it as a base line for perching thing. "Can it play Cave game x?" 8|
I'm upgrading to a better Multimeter after this. think it should be a must with this and before a cab.

Question someone behind me might ask :
Can using a Psu with an amperage output lower than what a device requires cause damage?

A: drawing more amps than a PSU provide will kill the PSU eventually, through excessive overheating, and could even start a fire =O

Thanks RGB. She is well behaved and a trained service animal, just get into things sometimes. When ever i get a candy cab she would probably want to jump in the PCB or coin door. think i'll have to worry about that too :S

Now i'm working on her not bothering the deer around the house
upfhY2o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RGB
Back