What's new
Happ Ultimates are cat/kid friendly. Here's mine, which is modded with voltage meters, LEDs, and an XLR jack for the output. I've since added a -5v jack and a fan speed controller dial as well.

_DSC1921.jpg

Personally i think if this supergun has DC-DC converter laptop powersupply would be best.
Something similiar like what this guy do

You can make that yourself, since the HAS itself has no limitations on the power that you feed it. The problem that you will run in to will be with power hungry boards like CPS2. Laptop PSUs simply won't cut it for a lot of boards that you'll encounter.

I started out using a modified laptop PSU (5V/2A), then moved to the beefier SC200 (below) and both had problems with certain boards. Both also introduced lots of video noise that disappeared after I moved to a proper arcade PSU. They also both measure significantly below their voltage ratings when measured at the jamma edge. Basically, you'll want a real arcade PSU pretty soon after starting the hobby.

20160428_205410.jpg

I see, it's sort of my plan to consolize CPS3 for local tournament setup therefore I'd prefere to have simplest setup as possible. Similiar like how Undamned UD-CPS2

Last edited:
If you need RGB-to-component, there is no better converter than the CVS287 without stepping up to a Framemeister. It's lag-free (no digital conversion) and the quality is framemeister level. It also accepts any sync signal, so everything is simple to connect.

It's not a well-known converter, but you can find info on it by searching for CVS287 or CSY2100:
youtube.com/watch?v=aMGURqEGry8

Hi there,

I assume that in order to use a Neo Geo 2 Slot, I will need an adapter?

Thanks! One more thing - is the cable that goes in the SCART adapter included? Also, is the pinout on the said cable compatible with the Framemeister connection?

Thanks! One more thing - is the cable that goes in the SCART adapter included? Also, is the pinout on the said cable compatible with the Framemeister connection?
Unfortunately the Scart adapter is no longer available, but the pinout used in HAS is the same as the Framemeister's (detailed info about HAS features is in the first post).

Is the cable included with the HAS though? Is it identical to an S-Video cable?

What is the SCART adapter called maybe I can find one to buy myself?

Thanks!

So cool. I'd love to see more pictures of HAS setups!

Are the HAS units still available and what type of video out do they use. I might be interested in one

Hi, thank you for interest.

I still have some HAS units available. HAS outputs the video in RGB+sync format via an 8pin mini DIN.

Back