What's new
Just curious, did you change the jamma edge due to cost/space? I liked the Hirose connector, it was quite an appealing feature.
The main reason is that while the Hirose is very nice and expensive looking, it's somewhat brittle:

43213096080_70ac85d92f_n.jpg

It happened to my personal unit as well as to a few other people. The connectors were fresh from the factory, so it wasn't some age related issue.

No radical changes in the V3.2 except for the JAMMA connector type and addition of switches to enable/disable buttons 4/5/6 on the JAMMA edge. Also, 75R/TTL CSync is changed via a switch now, too.

Last edited:
Just curious, did you change the jamma edge due to cost/space? I liked the Hirose connector, it was quite an appealing feature.
The main reason is that while the Hirose is very nice and expensive looking, it's somewhat brittle:
43213096080_70ac85d92f_n.jpg

It happened to my personal unit as well as to a few other people. The connectors were fresh from the factory, so it wasn't some age related issue.

No radical changes in the V3.2 except for the JAMMA connector type and addition of switches to enable/disable buttons 4/5/6 on the JAMMA edge. Also, 75R/TTL CSync is changed via a switch now, too.
I've got the same issue with my JAMMA connector too :( and I thought that it was because of my boards :(
Any way, since it is working --> I wont replace it.

And I would like to be added to the waiting list for a 3.2 Version ^^

Glad to hear some news, i've been waiting for this for months :)

Yep. Mine broke like that after removing my first PCB on day one.

Mine did too. I asked about it and Mike explained what happened and since it still works it was ok. The JNX came over and made fun of me because he said I didn’t know how to remove a JAMMA connector. Made me feel terrible. Man he’s an asshole! (Just kidding, he’s great)!

It seems to be common, one way around it would be to use an extension cable, I just can’t seem to source any that aren’t cheap Chinese ones with thin gauge wires.

Maybe this new connector will hold up better.

RGB, has it done better on your testing?

@SmokeMonster, has your HAS suffered the same fate? You seem to be very gentle with your boards on your videos?

The new connector is definitely better in this aspect.

Hirose is nice, because no other JAMMA connector manufacturer uses such high quality gold coating on the contacts, the plastic's got nice colour and looks solid, too, but as you can see it's too hard and breaks when you make a false move (or the PCB game connector is wider than official JAMMA specs). They should either reinforce the plastic with fibre or make it just a little bit more flexible.

The sides break off usually because the pcbs tend to be removed at an angle with a twisting motion. you need to remove them straight out. Note easy because the connectors dont have a handle of sorts to give you a good grip. A small extension would help that could have some type of housing/grip that you could hold onto.

The new connector is definitely better in this aspect.

Hirose is nice, because no other JAMMA connector manufacturer uses such high quality gold coating on the contacts, the plastic's got nice colour and looks solid, too, but as you can see it's too hard and breaks when you make a false move (or the PCB game connector is wider than official JAMMA specs). They should either reinforce the plastic with fibre or make it just a little bit more flexible.
Maybe encase it in a steel/metal shroud to strengthen the connector just like some motherboard manufacturers are doing with pci-e slots?

Mine did too. I asked about it and Mike explained what happened and since it still works it was ok. The JNX came over and made fun of me because he said I didn’t know how to remove a JAMMA connector. Made me feel terrible. Man he’s an asshole! (Just kidding, he’s great)!

It seems to be common, one way around it would be to use an extension cable, I just can’t seem to source any that aren’t cheap Chinese ones with thin gauge wires.

@SmokeMonster, has your HAS suffered the same fate? You seem to be very gentle with your boards on your videos?
https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAMMAEXT

These are great extension cables and lightyears better than the Chinese ones. Just be sure to email them first to let them know you want the full header populated as it is just the JAMMA standard (doesn't include wiring for 4 & 5 on edge connector standard)

Reactions: RGB

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAMMAEXT
These are great extension cables and lightyears better than the Chinese ones. Just be sure to email them first to let them know you want the full header populated as it is just the JAMMA standard (doesn't include wiring for 4 & 5 on edge connector standard)
No first hand experience myself, but from what I hear those are not that great...

There is a seller on shmups forum selling quality extension harnesses, but he had seem to dissappear for some time now :(

So the ones from Mike’s arcade are the best commercially available atm.

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAMMAEXTThese are great extension cables and lightyears better than the Chinese ones. Just be sure to email them first to let them know you want the full header populated as it is just the JAMMA standard (doesn't include wiring for 4 & 5 on edge connector standard)
No first hand experience myself, but from what I hear those are not that great...
There is a seller on shmups forum selling quality extension harnesses, but he had seem to dissappear for some time now :(

I ordered a jamma extender from mikesarcade last week just to check the voltage drop. Will post the results after some hard-core testing. The one I got from Arcade Forge was really bad. Would have caught fire with prolonged use.....

Hi @RGB,
if possible I'd like to register for

1 HAS Supergun
1 HD15 adapter PCB
1 CPS2 kick harness

Thanks in advance and best regards

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAMMAEXTThese are great extension cables and lightyears better than the Chinese ones. Just be sure to email them first to let them know you want the full header populated as it is just the JAMMA standard (doesn't include wiring for 4 & 5 on edge connector standard)

hWFyUKx.jpg

KInVcVt.jpg

Not sure what more you could ask for but not soldering to a JAMMA fingerboard is lightyears better than the garbage on eBay. This is what my cable looks like from Mike.

I have a question. I am currently using a GBS 8200 and a sync strike to stream my game systems. Now my question is. Can I use the GBS to upscale the video output from the supergun? Would I even need it? It would make streaming arcade games easier. For me at least.

No first hand experience myself, but from what I hear those are not that great...There is a seller on shmups forum selling quality extension harnesses, but he had seem to dissappear for some time now :(

hWFyUKx.jpg
KInVcVt.jpg

Not sure what more you could ask for but not soldering to a JAMMA fingerboard is lightyears better than the garbage on eBay. This is what my cable looks like from Mike.
How old is that? I've heard (could be 100% BS) that recently the quality had taken a dive. Are the power cables a thicker gauge?

I'm ready to order as well and I can confirm once I get mine as well.

No first hand experience myself, but from what I hear those are not that great...There is a seller on shmups forum selling quality extension harnesses, but he had seem to dissappear for some time now :(
/pic

How old is that? I've heard (could be 100% BS) that recently the quality had taken a dive. Are the power cables a thicker gauge?
I'm ready to order as well and I can confirm once I get mine as well.
I have two extensions from Mike's Arcade, and work extremely well.

I ordered one last year and at first I had an issue where one of the buttons wasn't working. I sent Mike a message and he sent me a new one and I sent the old one back; he made a mistake but fixed it real quick. Been using that one since and it works well with every CAVE board, Neo Geo MVS, and Sega C2 game I've thrown at it.

I ordered another one (this time fully populated) for my other HAS and it looks like that one in the picture and that works well with the same board types.

I have no complaints, it's a really nice extension and I would recommend it to others.

I got mine sometime around January I believe. As for wire thickness it is the same as the other wires however it has wires for every ground/power pin rather than putting two pins to a wire.

Nice, looks good indeed!! :thumbsup:

Just checked their website and it calculates $35 for shipping 1 18” version and $40 for 2 18” versions...
That + import tax would set me back well over €50 for each :(

Last edited:
Back