What's new
So is the RCA the only way to get sound out of the CPS2 with that cable?

I noticed that via the RCA's I get sound out of them via a mono adapter to the audio pigtail on the video cable but no sound via the HDMI if not used that way.

Is this due to the type of cable that I purchased? If I understand correctly the other version of the cable carries audio over the scart but this one does not?

Perhaps there's also a stereo settings in the Configurations menu?
Yes and the default setting is mono well actually the default depends on the game... But point is yes it IS a menu setting.
kj6XBmR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this due to the type of cable that I purchased? If I understand correctly the other version of the cable carries audio over the scart but this one does not?
I had to read the cable description again to make sure, but it looks that with that cable you should use the pigtail as the audio input at all times, the audio won't go via the 8pin mini DIN. Is this how you've been testing this?

Received my HAS the other day so far so good. I am using this HAPP PSU:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Happ-15-AM...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I know that some people had concerns about having the exposed mains power terminals(as did I). Due to how my MVS is situated(inside the belly of a coffee table), I was a little worried about my own fingers accidentally turning me into charcoal let alone my kids. I was able to find a sterilite organizational container that fits the HAPP perfectly(11in x 6 5/8in x 2 3/4in). I drilled a couple holes in it for the cabling and it came out pretty good. I'm no electrician but I think this should provide for my safety and allow me to move it around without dying. It also leaves me room to add ventilation holes if needed.

I tied a small simple knot in the power cord to keep it from yanking on the terminals.

q1r9dLD.jpg
8mUWlwW.jpg
eYFqTWT.jpg

I thought I'd share this in case anyone was looking for ideas. I wasn't looking for Ft. Knox but just something to keep stray fingers or pet paws from causing problems.

--Ray

That's awesome. I actually printed a cover but haven't used it yet as it's touching the terminals and I'm not sure that's a good idea. I'll redesign and share privately if asked after that.

I had to read the cable description again to make sure, but it looks that with that cable you should use the pigtail as the audio input at all times, the audio won't go via the 8pin mini DIN. Is this how you've been testing this?
Yes I think that may be the case with this cable. I don't have a male to female extension to test if sound will output from the pigtail to the source. I've only been testing it with that particular 8 pin din.

7JJUfZ9h.jpg

This is the way it is setup to get sound but only from the RCA any other combination doesn't work but as stated may be the cable configuration. I would like to set the audio on the HAS as high as possible then use the speakers to modulate this, Also either setting of mono or stereo outputs sound via the RCA so unsure if the CPS2 auto detects this when plugged in.

I'm loving the HAS, do wish the volume was accessible more easily though but I imagine people set and forget?

The only other critique I have is that on a CPS2 board the HAS gets bent upwards on a level surface. This worries me.

MyKlE1Zh.jpg

Hey what's up, I was told to post here and PM RGB to get my hands on the HAS 3.2
My loved one asked what i wanted for christmas and this is it!
Welcome to the forums!

Here's the reply I got from Mike @RGB when I asked about buying one.

"I don't have a website, only this one thread here and at the shmupsforum. I can add you to the wait list for the next batch that should happen in 2019 Q1."

:(

I'm afraid I won't make xmas for you (I'm traveling until new year) but when I get back I plan on selling my 3.1 HAS b/c I bought a 3.2. The only difference is the switch for SCART/VGA out is reachable through the plexiglass. I use the switch a lot and it's easier for me, for most people I don't think there is that big of a difference.

I'm selling for exactly what I paid, no markup, so look for my post when I get back if you can't wait for Q1 next year.

add rubber feet to align everything and you're done
Yeah I'll have a look into some rubber for it.
I recommend hang the HAS off of the table so it doesn't bend like that.
If it was just me that wouldn't be an issue but taking it to events is where people aren't careful and another is kids.

Last edited:
Received my HAS the other day so far so good. I am using this HAPP PSU:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Happ-15-AM...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I know that some people had concerns about having the exposed mains power terminals(as did I). Due to how my MVS is situated(inside the belly of a coffee table), I was a little worried about my own fingers accidentally turning me into charcoal let alone my kids. I was able to find a sterilite organizational container that fits the HAPP perfectly(11in x 6 5/8in x 2 3/4in). I drilled a couple holes in it for the cabling and it came out pretty good. I'm no electrician but I think this should provide for my safety and allow me to move it around without dying. It also leaves me room to add ventilation holes if needed.

I tied a small simple knot in the power cord to keep it from yanking on the terminals.

q1r9dLD.jpg
8mUWlwW.jpg
eYFqTWT.jpg

I thought I'd share this in case anyone was looking for ideas. I wasn't looking for Ft. Knox but just something to keep stray fingers or pet paws from causing problems.

--Ray
What's kind of fork used for your power supply? Link please. THX

add rubber feet to align everything and you're done
Yeah I'll have a look into some rubber for it.
I recommend hang the HAS off of the table so it doesn't bend like that.
If it was just me that wouldn't be an issue but taking it to events is where people aren't careful and another is kids.
for that situation I would not go with rubber feet, I’d go with a JAMMA extender, so you can put it out of the way.

Back