What's new
So as i understand it, the best option for video quality on s video is to go ps2 scart then convert to s video? What do i lose by juat going with the svideo hat alone?

So as i understand it, the best option for video quality on s video is to go ps2 scart then convert to s video? What do i lose by juat going with the svideo hat alone?
You just need my RGB to Composite Video/S-Video adapter + a PlayStation S-video cable.

From the HAS V3.3 pre-order page: said:
RGB to Composite Video/S-Video adapter. It also displays RGBS and allows to switch between PAL/NTSC modes. Based on the popular Sony CXA2075 - ~35 EUR

31326698420_7aeac7869b.jpg

The adapter will be slightly larger and will come with the PlayStation Multi AV port instead of separate RCA/S-Video ports.

Couple more questions.

Let's say I use component at home, and bring my supergun and cps3 to a friends house who only has S Video or composite.

Can I switch it to s-video / composite with an official Sony cable without "unmodifying" the jumpers on the HAS?

Also, can anyone recommend the best power supply to buy? Researching is kind of tricky as some of the manufacturers names are inconsistent

RGB said:
The Mean Well MWP-606 and SUZO 42PP0606 PSUs are identical and seem to be the most popular among the HAS users.
I have a spare Meanwell RT-65A that I intended to use, just to test boards. But I saw earlier in this thread that it seems to produce noise on the image unfortunately (look around page 40).

Will I need anything else? I’ve got a meanwell 606 coming, I’m gonna get all the adaptors from RGB, got my hd retrovision cables, ps3 s video cables, what about hooking up the psu? Online guides say I have to butcher a spare power cable, and some say I should buy little copper adaptors to attach to the stripped cables

yes you will have to cut the end that normally goes into the electronic that was originally intended, just don't cut the end that goes into the wall outlet. Also yes you can add some of copper attachments but you don't really need to, just strip enough copper wire to wrap around the screws then screw them back on the power supply

I think you're going to have to wait until the next round, though he may have a few leftover from people who back out for whatever reason.

It's how I got mine in January this year.

I was wondering if any of 8pin mini DIN to HD15 adapter were available as well as the 8pin mini din to 8 pin mini din cables. I would love to order a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Question: does anyone run the Naomi multi with a HAS ? Just wanna know how would you set it up. Do you take the video from the VGA from the Naomi and just use the HAS for the controller function?

Back