What's new
Awesome thank you!

I'll be using the retro-access.com custom cable builder with the source connector set for "NESRGB" and output "RGBS with CSync on pin 13".

Last edited:
Fixed that post... IF using a xRGB Mini (Framemeister) MK1/2 (I've personally tested) work without issue.
It's only for OSSC users I mean to put up the red flag about also needing the iScan DVDO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this, the level of OCD organisation skills is great. Love how neat everything is.
I hope to achieve something like this one day.
haha thanks i am very OCD :whistling: , and prepare for your back to hurt a little because sitting on the floor for a long while and turning so much will do it. X/

Hi @RGB !
Have you received my preorder and when do you think you can send the next batch of HAS ?

Hi,

If you submitted your pre-order via the survey on my website, then you're definitely on the list. As for the release date - unfortunately there will be a delay, it's all I can say for now :(

Fixed that post... IF using a xRGB Mini (Framemeister) MK1/2 (I've personally tested) work without issue.
It's only for OSSC users I mean to put up the red flag about also needing the iScan DVDO.
My setups looks great with MK2. I use a HAS v3.2 to OSSC to LG OLED B7. No iscan DVDO needed.
Some of the image gets cut of from the bottom, but fully playable and looks great!

Attachments

• E4F92A38-E44B-42F2-A3A6-FA708EBBB7C7.jpeg
    E4F92A38-E44B-42F2-A3A6-FA708EBBB7C7.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 165
  • 965B807F-C7BC-418D-9A38-C4AFB118A1A9.jpeg
    965B807F-C7BC-418D-9A38-C4AFB118A1A9.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 3CEF0EDC-0BE3-47A2-BF43-F363A68D4BDD.jpeg
    3CEF0EDC-0BE3-47A2-BF43-F363A68D4BDD.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 7E947356-BFC3-4194-B37F-9158ED037CF9.jpeg
    7E947356-BFC3-4194-B37F-9158ED037CF9.jpeg
    754.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 2F9181B6-458C-490F-A842-C45768A1E0FF.jpeg
    2F9181B6-458C-490F-A842-C45768A1E0FF.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 162
@BuddyC WOW! I've got the LG B6 and it won't work without the "unlock sync" option of the iScan DVDO enabled (same with my BenQ PC LCD and my 40" Samsung LCD).
You can fix the vertical cut off by setting the V-Active higher than 240 in the advanced menu.

Love the screen shots too!
I try to tell people, these OLEDs aren't perfect (image retention) but man do they produce one hell of an nice picture (and at 55/65/75" sizes respectively, suck on that PVM/BVM fanboys). ;)

suck on that PVM/BVM fanboys
yeah, tell me how that OLED runs after 20 years. Heck, let’s see how it runs after 10 years.

A cap kit does wonders to the longevity of a PVM or any CRT.
CRT’s are so easily repairable.

Good luck keeping those LED monitors running for as long as a CRT. ;)

Fluid motion, smooth scrolling, that's what keeps me hoarding CRTs.

It's true regarding reliability, CRTs run for 30 years plus without needing much intervention. Modern flat panel displays are lucky to last 5 years before breaking down.

Heck, let’s see how it runs after 10 years.
I don't think it will be running after even 5 years, these things burn-in man. ;)
But you know what? That don't matter, cuz 5 years from now the tech will be even better and I'll have that thing next.

I already wana dump my B6 for the B7 thanks to that post above. :P
Go ahead and call me a image whore, but IMO 20" (the largest PVM L5 series they EVER made) is just too small to satisfy.
3e81edbcbb78e00c57b507578dda3129

You’re absolutely right, @RGB, my apologies.

tbh I support both PVM and LED, and OLED is a beauty! (I just can’t see myself rotating a 55” OLED for arcade shmups ;) )

That’s one of the reasons I use the HAS, it’s easy to setup to both a beautiful big LED screen, with integration made easy to an OSSC/XRGB upscaler, or straight out to a smaller PVM for the times you wanna switch it up. I love the HAS, best supergun on the market imo! And RGB’s support of his device is fantastic. :thumbsup:

If you have room, why not go “best of both worlds“? :D
My OLED B7 eats everything I trow at it.
MVS, CPS2, CPS3, PGM, Konami GX and Turles in time, midway T and Wolf unit up to 1080P? No problem thanks to the awesomeness that is HAS and its buddy the OSSC.
The B7 even accepts 960P, so I can play all Naomi games in 2x with the OSSC. It produces one hell of a image!

Trow in 2 MD2NEO (thanks @Frank_fjs!) and a couple of 8bitdo M30 2,4G wireless gamepads and you can play everything while being comfortable as hell.

But sometimes you need the right feel when playing bullethell-fun or 3rd strike. CRT is still king due to no lag and the beauty that is real scanlines.
I highly recommend the Bang Olufsen MX7000. Great sound and easy to flip for tate games. It can even deinterlace a 480i image <3

Jusy my 2 cents on the matter....

Last edited:
Just a quick question from a total novice...

Will a Sega Genesis Model 2 Scart cable work with the mini din connector on the HAS Supergun or do I need to order something a bit more specialized?

Even IF the Genesis 2 SCART cable used 8pin mini din (it don't, actually 9 pin mini din)...
Genesis 2 SCART heads have components in them that would make the image look shitty.

HAS outputs proper SCART levels directly from the port (unlike that PoS Genesis 2) so its a direct connection to the SCART head (zero components needed).

Back