What's new
Hold any two action buttons and then hold start. Wait till an LED on the HAS lights up.
Then press the button you want to be 1 one time, the button you want to be 2 two times, and so on. When finished, press start.

Hold any two action buttons and then hold start. Wait till an LED on the HAS lights up.
Then press the button you want to be 1 one time, the button you want to be 2 two times, and so on. When finished, press start.
That's exactly right, I think your user name is totally wrong!

Is anyone able to tell me what is the length of the screw terminal block on the SUZO HAPP 110W POWER PRO POWER SUPPLY? This one precisely - https://na.suzohapp.com/products/power_supplies/80-0064-00

Y8DgbGi.jpg

Thanks!

Hi @RGB,
How is the HD15 PCB adapter fixed ? Is it removable or not ?
Thank you for your reply,

@RGBI want to order a CPS1 kick harness for my HAS. Can I PM you for this or do I have to put in the request through the GoogleForm you have?

The HD15 adapter is only useful for two groups of people...

1) Folks that have a PVM/BVM and what the simplicity/ease of a single VGA-to-BNC cable
vga-to-5-bnc-cable-500x500.jpg

2) People that need to use the VGA-in port of the OSSC to sync a Taito F3
o6mZ8tX.jpg

If you are not one of the above two groups, you don't need HD15, in fact I recommend you steer clear of it (and other adapters, looking at YOU PS2 HD Retrovision whatever BS).

For reasons of compatibility, the OSSC syncs the majority of PCBs from the SCART port, 75ohm (not TTL) unprocessed sync (more so than buffered or regenerated)...
So what I recommend is a 8pin mini din to Euro SCART cable for everyone else, be it OSSC, xRGB mini or even SCART-to-Component CRT guys. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the 8 pin mini DIN cable, how are they wired on the scart end in terms of the switching and blanking pins, pins 8 and 16 respectively? Specifically, is the usual 180R from pin 8 to 16 present, to lower the voltage to correct standards?

Just wondering as I've not seen information on how the official XRGB or third party cables are wired in this regard. I've always been told these cables contain no passive components, which is part of their appeal, but if they're omitting this resistor than they're delivering a voltage to RGB scart TVs that is out of spec.

If you are not one of the above two groups, you don't need HD15, in fact I recommend you steer clear of it (and other adapters, looking at YOU PS2 HD Retrovision whatever BS).
I might have missed the discussion somewhere but why is Retrovision considered BS? Also do you know of any source for proper 8 pin mini din cable other than the UK one? They don't have delivery option to India.

I made my cables, it's a good first solder project I suggest you try your hand at it too. :D

In regards to the 8 pin mini DIN cable, how are they wired on the scart end in terms of the switching and blanking pins, pins 8 and 16 respectively? Specifically, is the usual 180R from pin 8 to 16 present, to lower the voltage to correct standards?

Just wondering as I've not seen information on how the official XRGB or third party cables are wired in this regard. I've always been told these cables contain no passive components, which is part of their appeal, but if they're omitting this resistor than they're delivering a voltage to RGB scart TVs that is out of spec.
I still can't find an answer to this, could someone with a an 8 pin mini DIN cable please pop open the scart housing and check if a resistor is present between pins 8 and 16?

I have discovered that the XRGB mini adapter cables, whether the stock Japan 21 cable included with the device or an aftermarket one wired for Euro scart, DO NOT contain the resistor. Which makes sense for its intended purpose as an input into the XRGB mini, but is potentially a problem for using it as an output cable. Likewise, the kit you can purchase from Tim Worthington that uses a PCB to convert a scart housing with a mini DIN connector DOES NOT include a resistor to lower the 5V output.

It seems to me this may be a huge oversight and a potential cause of concern. Not an issue for OSSC or PVM/BVM usage but certainly should be investigated in regards to scart switches and CRT TVs.

do you have any information / schematics?
32sDNvJ.png

Because my cables are only used on OSSC and I send audio via 3.5mm, I do not use full EURO SCART spec/pinout.
Above is all you need. :thumbsup:

oihFBl6.jpg

the kit you can purchase from Tim Worthington that uses a PCB to convert a scart housing with a mini DIN connector DOES NOT include a resistor to lower the 5V output.
True but it rocks with HAS+OSSC in a big way! 8o
gMLp0wr.jpg

I also never connect 5V, my mods all produce proper 75ohm video at the source only to be used with scalers. #nocomponetsincables :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, appreciate it, I will make my own :)

This is a mandatory component. Game consoles output 5V, CRT TVs want to see between 1V and 3V.

I'd just like to know if the resistor is present in cables from RA / RGC etc.

This is a mandatory component. Game consoles output 5V, CRT TVs want to see between 1V and 3V.

I'd just like to know if the resistor is present in cables from RA / RGC etc.
Then I suggest you go ask them. Your question is off topic for this thread.

This is the biggest user base of 8 pin mini DIN cables I have access to. Seems reasonable that someone here would have an answer.

I've emailed the other companies with no response.

Back