What's new
VGA does not carry audio. Use the 3.5mm audio jack from your HAS to your OSSC. You may need to alter the settings in your OSSC to set audio input to the 3.5mm audio jack.

VGA connections do not, and have never carried audio signals.

There is an 1/8 stereo mini plug on the HAS, and at least on my OSSC - VGA is V3-IN, and on the other side there is a A3-IN that is also a 1/8 stereo mini plug.

I am guessing you just need a 1/8" stereo male to male cable and you should get audio.

Matt

I am connect my HAS with a VGA Cable to the OSSC using the HAS Video Port

Everything works

but just that I get no sound

Does the VGA Cable from the HAS to the OSSC carry Audio signals transmissions ?

My OSSC is connected to my LCD Monitor with a HDMI Cable

I was wondering if the HDMI Cable carries Audio signals transmissions ?

How do I get Audio with my currently Setup ?

Thanks
As others have said, VGA does NOT carry audio, use the 3.5 jack.

HDMI DOES carry audio out, but of course you need to get audio to the OSSC first.

Finally, if you update your OSSC firmware, make sure you use the version with a lower case "a" with it, example, 81a, 84a, not 81, 84 etc. The "a" is the firmware with audio integrated.

I couldn't find the recommended PSU other than the Meanwell RT-65A.

I am looking for a recommendation for a decent one on ebay in the US that supports more than 65w.

or at US based arcade company that is reliable and ships fast.

i just got mine from twisted quarter last week, it came in fast and is working great with my HAS and CPS2 Multi

That's F'n Sweet!

HASburgerWcheese...

HASburgerWcheese.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Can’t wait for mines. Pre ordered mines during the June/July Pre Order. Hope I get an email soon.

Also pre ordered around July, but no email yet. Thought I might have missed out, but it's reassuring to see others still waiting from then.

I made my first order around March or so and still no email. I updated my order on June thou, hope it didn't move me to the end of the queue...

I'm still sitting on many HAS units and accessories, I haven't completed dealing with the March/April pre-orders.

The problem is with the pre-order system I decided to use. I should've expected that people wouldn't wait that long or they would pre-order "just in case". So what happens is, people don't respond now, have tons of questions I don't have time to respond to or are slow to pay. The amount of HAS units and accessories is limited, so I can't just contact another batch of people while still dealing with the current batch.

There won't be another pre-order list this year. I'm working on a webshop and I'll basically put everything on sale there once ready.

@RGB glad you're working out the kinks with your pre-order system. Appreciate the transparency regarding the process!

@RGB I’m thankful I even got in the October list when I jumped in during the summer (even though it’s November now, but don’t worry I completely understand since you are still sorting out March/April!!! :x).

Hi Mike,

About the psu terminal block cover, I understand now and it's very smart. For others users, you should attach the image (that you sent me) in your HAS manual.

About audio / video connection possibilities, I have an XRGB and an OSSC and a Hitachi LED TV (with VGA / HDMI / Scart connections).
For now, I can get:
HAS - 8 pin mini to 8 pin mini cable - XRGB - HDMI to HDMI - TV
or :
HAS - 8 pin mini DIN to male Scart cable - OSSC - HDMI to HDMI - TV
or :
HAS + HD15 adapter PCB - VGA to VGA cable - OSSC - HDMI to HDMI - TV
Thank you to confirm or tell me if you propose other possibilities of connections?

As I want to check the different qualities of images that can be obtained with modern TVs, I also intend to buy a new monitor that supports the 15 khz analog RGB signal (although it's rare to find ).
Has anyone on the forum been able to try a monitor that supports 15 khz ? Is it worth compared to picture quality and other modern TVs with OSSC ?
Do you have any reference of such TVs to communicate ?
What is the best solution about picture quality with modern TVs ?
Thank you to everybody who can reply, even if my question has already been listed somewhere on this forum,
Chris.

As I want to check the different qualities of images that can be obtained with modern TVs, I also intend to buy a new monitor that supports the 15 khz analog RGB signal (although it's rare to find ).
Has anyone on the forum been able to try a monitor that supports 15 khz ? Is it worth compared to picture quality and other modern TVs with OSSC ?
I've used my HAS on both a PVM (15 khz) and BVM (15 and 31 khz), and it looks great. I've tried it with Naomi netboot, CPS2 multi and a few other boards.

I don't have an OSSC (yet! It just shipped a few hours ago), but with an XRGB Mini it did look all right connected to a 40" LCD TV.

Back