What's new
My question is not about CRT, PVM or BVM TVs!

My question concerns only flat screens (LCD, LED ...) ... this to save space!

Thanks for your help.

Chris

I also intend to buy a new monitor that supports the 15 khz analog RGB signal
So many things wrong with this statement, but I'll do my best to explain things for you...

New monitors that support 15khz... *sigh* 480i is a 15khz signal, so a ton of flat panel TVs on the market support "15khz".
What you mean to say is you want support for 240p, aka low resolution progressive, which yes IS a form of 15khz (but not the only form as mentioned 480i above).
The issue is NO modern flat panel TV will process 240p as progressive! They see the signal as interlaced and apply a bunch of shitty filters to it.

Why do they see it as interlaced and not progressive?
To understand this you need to know your history, and understand what's actually happening when a CRT renenders a 240 line progressive image.
The condensed version, even progressive 240 image IS actually Alpha and Beta field interlaced, its simply double striking the same lines with the electron beam in both fields.
The gap between draw lines everyone incorrectly refers to as "scanlines" is actually the missing alternative line strike of the Beta field (its striking the same field as the Alpha).
5GMGaB2.jpg

Thank you @ Jassin000, you're right and I thank you for this moment of history :)

My goal is simple: I look for the best connection solution with a flat screen to get closer to the CRT.

Has anybody been able to use the new wireless Retro-bit Sega Saturn controller with RGB's Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter? The LED on the receiver lights up. But I cannot get it to pair with the controller.
Not yet, but I'm waiting for these mofo's to ship my order to me. I got the 2.4ghz version, but haven't received a shipping notice yet.

When I get them, one of the first tests I'm going to do is with RGB's Saturn converters.

Has anybody been able to use the new wireless Retro-bit Sega Saturn controller with RGB's Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter? The LED on the receiver lights up. But I cannot get it to pair with the controller.
Same question with the other S2NG converters (I think Frank makes them?). This might be a perfect wireless solution!

I've seen on the YTubes that the controllers also mix and match between the Genesis plug, so you can use a Saturn controller on a Genesis and vice versa. Might be prudent to test the G2NG adapter as well if anyone has it.

Just wanted to say I've been using my HAS to play hours and hours of The Rumble Fish 2 over the past two weeks, it's worked great, looked beautiful, and been a total blast :) Thanks for such a great piece of gear!
I can’t wait to get my HAS to play my RF2 and HNK. XD

Thanks jassin000, thanks ShootTheCore.

Ok for a large screen.

But for a smaller screen (for example, between 19 and 24 inches - the size of an arcade cabinet screen is usually 24 inches), do you have another suggestion ?

I suggest 32" Freesync QHD Monitors (like the AOC Q3279VWFD8) set up on a desk behind your sticks with a decent 2.1 speaker system for a pseudo-arcade experience. 1440p is the optimal resolution for arcade gaming. Integer scaling for the big arcade resolutions: 240p, 480p, 720p.

Optimal chain is HAS -> OSSC -> QHD Monitor.

You can sub in the RetroTink 2x for the OSSC if you really don't like fiddling with settings.

Back