What's new
I'm still sitting on many HAS units and accessories, I haven't completed dealing with the March/April pre-orders.

The problem is with the pre-order system I decided to use. I should've expected that people wouldn't wait that long or they would pre-order "just in case". So what happens is, people don't respond now, have tons of questions I don't have time to respond to or are slow to pay. The amount of HAS units and accessories is limited, so I can't just contact another batch of people while still dealing with the current batch.

There won't be another pre-order list this year. I'm working on a webshop and I'll basically put everything on sale there once ready.
does that mean that we can buy unit that were not claimed now???

Is there anybody here who use Retrotink 2x with OSSC ?
What is the possibilities about connections ?
Should I use a HD video converter with Retrotink 2x and OSSC ?
Which cables should I use (some internet links would be great) ??
Thank you

I don't do it... but I guess you could go composite/s-video out > Retrotink 2x > component cable out > OSSC component input > HDMI output.
I have no use for composite/s-video. :whistling:

Also none of this is HAS related, as HAS outputs RGBs NOT composite/s-video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Jassin, but with all respect for you, I think you say wrong as Retrotink 2x dont propose component cable out.
It should be :
- composite/s-video out > Retrotink 2x > mini HDMI-HDMI adapter > HD Video converter > OSSC component input > HDMI output > LCD
or
- composite/s-video out > Retrotink 2x > mini HDMI-HDMI adapter > HDMI-VGA adapter > OSSC VGA adapter > HDMI output > LCD

To connect with HAS, is there a component like :
- 8 pin mini DIN to component cables ?
or
- 8 pin mini DIN to composite/s-video ?

Is there anyone on this forum who has tried connection with HAS + Retrotink x2 + OSSC ?
Thank you all !

Thank you Jassin, but with all respect for you, I think you say wrong as Retrotink 2x dont propose component cable out.
It should be :
- composite/s-video out > Retrotink 2x > mini HDMI-HDMI adapter > HD Video converter > OSSC component input > HDMI output > LCD
or
- composite/s-video out > Retrotink 2x > mini HDMI-HDMI adapter > HDMI-VGA adapter > OSSC VGA adapter > HDMI output > LCD

To connect with HAS, is there a component like :
or

Is there anyone on this forum who has tried connection with HAS + Retrotink x2 + OSSC ?
Thank you all !
  • HAS outputs RGBS
  • OSSC inputs RGBS
  • Don't use Retrotink 2x
  • Please, stop this line of conversation because it is off topic

No why the fuck would they
HAS outputs RGBS

OSSC inputs RGBS
Where does a Retrotink x2 fit into this?
or
8 pin mini DIN to (Euro) SCART

HAS 8 pin mini din out > SCART cable > OSSC SCART in (AV1)
Normally I recommend sending the audio from the HAS separately (via 3.5mm stereo cable)...
Whoa, we need to get thru the basics first I guess (you are confused enough already).

I get many questions about the video cables, whether XYZ user should use a Scart or HD-15. This, combined with the recent project by @Frank_fjs that tackles the problem by using an 8pin mini DIN to Scart adapter, gave me an idea to give my own take at it. My adapter version re-purposes the Scart shell instead of replacing it with a 3D printed one, you just need to cut the shell.

84e6a49c5ce267dbad2e1e07839d082c.png
b7cc0cbb53a9a9f2ca60f5c1c5d7fbf4.png

This one's got a switch to select CSync output (either pin #20 or #12 of the Scart to cover the newest OSSC mod - it will allow the Taito F3 to work via the Scart). There's also a spot for a 5V to 12V step-up voltage regulator (Pololu U3V12F12). The step-up voltage regulator is only needed for people in Europe/Australia with widescreen CRT TV's to force the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Link to the project - https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/E08Jw50C

====================================================================================

I also went ahead and refreshed my 8pin mini din to HD-15 adapter. Added a 3.5mm jack audio output - https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/0cxFBsHW

Last edited:
Adding a switched 3.5mm adapter to your MDIN 2 HD adapter is a great idea. Besides the obvious benefits / usage it also permits one to feed in stereo audio from systems with external stereo audio output such as CPS2.

Adding a switched 3.5mm adapter to your MDIN 2 HD adapter is a great idea. Besides the obvious benefits / usage it also permits one to feed in stereo audio from systems with external stereo audio output such as CPS2.
Isn’t the HAS’s 3.5mm stereo “in” the same as this?

3.5mm jack on the HAS is an audio output, don't try to feed it stereo audio! The same goes for the 3.5mm jack on the 8MD to HD-15 adapter, it's the audio output.

This, combined with the recent project by @Frank_fjs that tackles the problem by using an 8pin mini DIN to Scart adapter, gave me an idea to give my own take at it.
Sync pin 20 to 12 switch was my idea, I suggested it to @Frank_fjs for the adapter I asked him to design, just saying... :whistling:
b5uXw2M.jpg

The main reason why I did, I was so sick of everyone asking for HD15 hats to use with a OSSC (now they have ZERO reason)! ;)

This will also aid in the mod becoming part of any future OSSC hardware design (1.7?) revisions.
Ossc_av3_av1_sync.jpg

I mean its clear with firmware support its seen as "cannon" so to speak...
But things like this help to reinforce it, and F3 support just switch flips/dips away (not special cables and connectors plus flips/dips).

Reactions: RGB
Isn’t the HAS’s 3.5mm stereo “in” the same as this?
3.5mm jack on the HAS is an audio output, don't try to feed it stereo audio! The same goes for the 3.5mm jack on the 8MD to HD-15 adapter, it's the audio output.
A stereo audio input that overrode the JAMMA audio and routed to the 8 pin mini din output would be a great feature though.

Sync pin 20 to 12 switch was my idea, I suggested it to @Frank_fjs for the adapter I asked him to design, just saying... :whistling:
Thanks!

Do you think it would make sense to design a PCB for the OSSC that routes the HSync/VSync from the OSSC's HD-15 input to Scart input? Soldering two cables is easy enough, but it could be made even easier, faster and tidier.

Edit: ^ The above is in progress :D

Last edited:
Not sure if this could be changed, but I feel the MWP 606 plastic enclosure that covers the exposed terminals could be slightly improved. I got one with my HAS and it works great (currently installed it on my Egret2 MWP 606). You can't insert a crimped 3.5 connection where the FG (field ground) is since no notch was cut. Anyway to improve this? @RGB

Also is it possible for the HAS to have stereo through the jamma edge of a MV-1F if I toggle the mvs audio switch? Not sure if it is supported via the HAS but Frank_fjs points it out on this thread.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63928&p=1350225#p1350225

Not sure if this could be changed, but I feel the MWP 606 plastic enclosure that covers the exposed terminals could be slightly improved. I got one with my HAS and it works great (currently installed it on my Egret2 MWP 606). You can't insert a crimped 3.5 connection where the FG (field ground) is since no notch was cut. Anyway to improve this? @RGB
Do you mean that your cover isn't correctly printed? I verified all covers (I had to use an external service, I don't own a 3D printer - yet), there should be a notch for the FG.

47970918501_12e386e92f.jpg

Also is it possible for the HAS to have stereo through the jamma edge of a MV-1F if I toggle the mvs audio switch? Not sure if it is supported via the HAS but Frank_fjs points it out on this thread.
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63928&p=1350225#p1350225
The HAS V4 does support stereo through the JAMMA edge - https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/instruction-manual/

I can just flip it around but I like having the wires go down instead of up since my Egret 2 PSU adapter wires would need to be torqued a little (they are pretty heavy gauge, not really flexible). I don't really care too much on my Egret2 tbh since I just wrapped the wire around the FG (which removed this annoying noise). Good to hear I can just switch it around when I get another for my other MWP 606 that I use on the HAS. i'll pick up another whenever those 3p/4p adapters/composite s-video adapters get back in stock.

hyMbred.jpg

So the MV1F can get stereo as long as I switch that jumper to stereo on the HAS if what @Frank_fjs stated is correct. Just wanted to make sure.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I finally got a Retrotink RGB2COMP box and it is very sweet! I'm using it for my consoles that have native RGB out to a Sony Wega that has component in, it looks great, but of course, the next idea was to check out the HAS on it!

Most games look fantastic, but a few, such at Truxton (shifted to the left, cutting off the bottom of the screen) and Trio the Punch (cuts off all the info on the bottom) cut off portions of the screen that have useable info. These are the only games I played tonight, but it's not a huge deal, just wondering if there is a way to adjust screen position with the HAS or resolution being fed into a TV via RGB (SCART cable) into an RGT to component box.

Thanks again to @RGB for such a wonderful SuperGun!

Back