What's new
Also remember to switch the HAS over to 75ohm sync mode and use the SCART port.

Direct TTL from a very high/over powered output PCB could actually be bad for the OSSC.
Actually, the HAS is designed in a way that even if the user accidentally sets the CSync to TTL and uses the OSSC's Scart input (or any other input with 75R terminaton), the OSSC won't see signal amplitude higher that ~0.7V (which is perfectly in tolerance).

Thanks guys, but I’m asking about my CRT setup, no OSSC in the loop.

So you think a possible PCB problem?

Does the Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter controller adapter work when directly plugged into a MVS motherboard via the controller ports? Just asking for science.

It should though I don't know how it's mapped and I doubt it would physically fit without an extension cable.

I've just received this from the PCBWAY:

49141539416_880776b174_z.jpg

This is my new JAMMA extension harness, an upgraded version of the 2016 JAMMA extension harness:
  • Clean design with solid copper planes and no unnecessary vias
  • JST VH and RA series of connectors
  • 60-65cm long
  • 2x16AWG for GND, 2x16AWG for +5V, 1x18AWG for -5V, 1x18AWG for +12V), 22AWG for everything else - all cables will be in black
  • Hard gold plated JAMMA edge contacts
  • DIP switch to enable/disable buttons 4, 5, 6 outputs on the JAMMA connector
  • Compatible with the HAS kick harnesses (and it doesn't require AUX harness between the HAS and the extension harness)

Optional configuration:
  • Black plexiglass case (matte or semi transparent black)
  • CPS2 connector for buttons 4-6 input (only needed for superguns other than the HAS)
  • Voltmeter
  • Test and Service buttons
  • Amplified stereo audio input (Taito F3, Konami PCBs, etc.)

Still waiting for the wiring, but once I receive that, I will begin assembly (up to 2 weeks max) and will offer these for sale. More details soon, but I can say that there should be enough harnesses for everyone interested, and it will be well-priced.

Last edited:

This is my new JAMMA extension harness, an upgraded version of my 2016 harness (Home Arcade System
  • 2x16AWG for GND, 2x16AWG for +5V, 1x18AWG for -5V, 1x18AWG for +12V), 22AWG for everything else - all cables will be in black
  • Compatible with the HAS kick harnesses (and it doesn't require AUX harness between the HAS and the extension harness)

Optional configuration:
  • CPS2 connector for buttons 4-6 input (only needed for superguns other than the HAS)
  • Voltmeter

Still waiting for the wiring, but once I receive that, I will begin assembly (up to 2 weeks max) and will offer these for sale. More details soon, but I can say that there should be enough harnesses for everyone interested, and it will be well-priced.
This is great, I was looking into one of these. Assuming we can just order separately? As I don't want to hold up my HAS shipment :P

This is great, I was looking into one of these. Assuming we can just order separately? As I don't want to hold up my HAS shipment :P
Sure, it will be possible to order these separately.

PS Your HAS was shipped today!

Sure, it will be possible to order these separately.
PS Your HAS was shipped today!
That's great news! Honestly, with all the random stuff I've bought since I placed my pre-order, this is the most excited I've been. Appreciate the professional communication on this one!

This is my new JAMMA extension harness, an upgraded version of the 2016 JAMMA extension harness:
  • 60-65cm long

Optional configuration:
  • Voltmeter

Count me in for 1
Let me know when those are available to purchase

Funny story. PCBWAY asked me if the "HAS" is my logo, because if it is, they will mask it for shipping so that the customs can't see it (?). They did that for half of the boards, with the other half they didn't bother, lol.

Been waiting for the extender, glad to see it's back.

Last edited:
Please also count me in for an extender as soon as it becomes available. I can feel that my HAS is waiting for it already ;)

@RGB that looks awesome! I hope your next project will be that device that lets us adjust position (and maybe even size) on a CRT TV via the HAS out...

Last edited:
@RGB that looks awesome! I hope your next project will be that device that lets us adjust position (and maybe even size) on a CRT TV via the HAS out...
I'm afraid that won't be my next device. Size adjustment won't happen either, that's well above my pay grade :)

I'd like to kindly ask not to link to other devices (that are similar to my products) in my sales thread.

I understand, you are a busy man. Just know, your products are the BEST, so if I can buy something you made, I will!

That being said, I've purchased 3 HAS' so far, and if you were able to easily incorporate that feature into a future HAS version, I'd be happy to purchase a 4th!

EDIT: And sorry, I didn't mean the extender (I'll buy yours of course!), rather the audio/video cables, but I will edit my post.

Last edited:
Back