Home Arcade System

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • NeoGeo and Naomi work fine.



      The Saturn adapters map perfectly to AW but they have a messed up MVS layout, it wasn’t giving me the proper row layout.

      I have the CPS2 kick harness plugged in, but like the NeoGeo, the buttons aren’t mapped correctly for the Saturn 2 JAMMA.

      I can’t seem to get the Undamned adapters to work so far either.
      Images
      • 3EAD7FCB-3C84-45F8-A0EE-773776D3EC24.jpeg

        109.5 kB, 640×480, viewed 24 times
      • 8206F7C5-9854-4040-B8FE-B1E20584E0E2.jpeg

        79.57 kB, 640×480, viewed 19 times

      The post was edited 2 times, last by lupinko ().

    • lupinko wrote:

      Also how do I access the service test menu on the HAS?







      The Saturn adapters map perfectly to AW but they have a messed up MVS layout, it wasn’t giving me the proper row layout.


      I have the CPS2 kick harness plugged in, but like the NeoGeo, the buttons aren’t mapped correctly for the Saturn 2 JAMMA.

      I can’t seem to get the Undamned adapters to work so far either.
      Service menu - press the Service button.

      Incorrect button layout - remap the button layout.

      Undamned adapters work perfectly, which has been confirmed numerous times (I use the UD adapters personally, too).

      It's all in the instruction manual, you should've read it before setting up the supergun. I don't know how to stress it, but it is crucial to read the manual, you can damage your equipment if you don't know what you are doing.
    • RGB wrote:


      lupinko wrote:

      Also how do I access the service test menu on the HAS?







      The Saturn adapters map perfectly to AW but they have a messed up MVS layout, it wasn’t giving me the proper row layout.


      I have the CPS2 kick harness plugged in, but like the NeoGeo, the buttons aren’t mapped correctly for the Saturn 2 JAMMA.

      I can’t seem to get the Undamned adapters to work so far either.
      Service menu - press the Service button.
      Incorrect button layout - remap the button layout.

      Undamned adapters work perfectly, which has been confirmed numerous times (I use the UD adapters personally, too).

      It's all in the instruction manual, you should've read it before setting up the supergun. I don't know how to stress it, but it is crucial to read the manual, you can damage your equipment if you don't know what you are doing.

      I did read the manual, I read it with regards to everything about voltage, what not to do and to avoid any danger and for the setup.

      Sorry for the silly questions, I just got too excited and got overwhelmed with what I was enjoying to find the things I was asking about. I know there’s a remapping option for the SAT2JAMMA (I should’ve mentioned that because it sounds like I’m complaining, I’m really not). And the same goes for Undamned’s decoders. For Undamned’s decoders I could also have incompatible arcade sticks, so it wouldn’t be his decoders’ fault. I may have owned arcade hardware for a few years but I’m only really new to the supergun game.
    • lupinko wrote:

      I did read the manual, I read it with regards to everything about voltage, what not to do and to avoid any danger and for the setup.
      Probably best to read the whole manual. The HAS has a feature to remap your controls as well. So you could have multiple mapping conflicts with your HAS + SAT2JAMMA/Undamned.

      And your post actually did seem like you were complaining, so I can see how RGB might have responded a bit more acidic.
    • Sorry if my post sounded like overreaction, I've become allergic to this type of messages. You'd be surprised (or not) how many messages I get with stuff like "I did something and now buttons don't register" or "I bought a kick harness from you, but the kicks don't seem to register".


      lupinko wrote:

      I know there’s a remapping option for the SAT2JAMMA (I should’ve mentioned that because it sounds like I’m complaining, I’m really not).
      There's no remapping option for the SAT2JAMMA, remapping is only for the actual HAS unit.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by RGB ().

    • opt2not wrote:

      lupinko wrote:

      I did read the manual, I read it with regards to everything about voltage, what not to do and to avoid any danger and for the setup.
      Probably best to read the whole manual. The HAS has a feature to remap your controls as well. So you could have multiple mapping conflicts with your HAS + SAT2JAMMA/Undamned.
      And your post actually did seem like you were complaining, so I can see how RGB might have responded a bit more acidic.

      RGB wrote:

      Sorry if my post sounded like overreaction, I've become allergic to this type of messages. You'd be surprised (or not) how many messages I get with stuff like "I did something and now buttons don't register" or "I bought a kick harness from you, but the kicks don't seem to register".


      lupinko wrote:

      I know there’s a remapping option for the SAT2JAMMA (I should’ve mentioned that because it sounds like I’m complaining, I’m really not).
      There's no remapping option for the SAT2JAMMA, remapping is only for the actual HAS unit.
      I know I’m sorry, I feel bad for posting the original message out of sheer ignorance. I didn’t mean to upset anyone. :(
    • The uploaded .brd is for the newest Autodesk Eagle. The 8pin mini DIN pinout is the same as XRGB mini. The HD-15 follows the VGA pinout, but instead of HSync on pin #13, there's CSync, that's all.
      If you just want to test things quickly then the easiest way would be to use the HAS' CN5 AUX connector instead of the 8pin mini DIN.
    • RGB wrote:

      The uploaded .brd is for the newest Autodesk Eagle. The 8pin mini DIN pinout is the same as XRGB mini. The HD-15 follows the VGA pinout, but instead of HSync on pin #13, there's CSync, that's all.
      If you just want to test things quickly then the easiest way would be to use the HAS' CN5 AUX connector instead of the 8pin mini DIN.
      Thanks. I am not sure I am not able to get a signal. I am using a Namco system 12 board (tekken 3). When I use the VGA connector on the arcade board which is connect via Extron to my CRT it works (15Khz) but nothing on MD8. I have connected MN8 to VGA connector as:
      MD 8 --> VGA
      3 -->-- 13
      6 -----> 3
      7 -----> 2
      8 --->-- 1

      HAS is currently on default settings (CYNC power level and “Buffered”)

      Am i missing anything here ?
    • msamiullah wrote:

      RGB wrote:

      The uploaded .brd is for the newest Autodesk Eagle. The 8pin mini DIN pinout is the same as XRGB mini. The HD-15 follows the VGA pinout, but instead of HSync on pin #13, there's CSync, that's all.
      If you just want to test things quickly then the easiest way would be to use the HAS' CN5 AUX connector instead of the 8pin mini DIN.
      Thanks. I am not sure I am not able to get a signal. I am using a Namco system 12 board (tekken 3). When I use the VGA connector on the arcade board which is connect via Extron to my CRT it works (15Khz) but nothing on MD8. I have connected MN8 to VGA connector as:MD 8 --> VGA
      3 -->-- 13
      6 -----> 3
      7 -----> 2
      8 --->-- 1

      HAS is currently on default settings (CYNC power level and “Buffered”)

      Am i missing anything here ?
      Found out the issue. I measured the V on CSync was around 1v however changing the Csync line (from to Dn8) to CN2 did the trick. Does that mean my device was expecting TTL level sync ?
    • msamiullah wrote:

      Found out the issue. I measured the V on CSync was around 1v however changing the Csync line (from to Dn8) to CN2 did the trick. Does that mean my device was expecting TTL level sync ?
      I don't recommend using CN2 if you aren't 100% sure (check your monitor specs). Also, there's a 75R/TTL switch that affects CN5 and 8pin mini DIN outputs.
    • RGB wrote:

      msamiullah wrote:

      Found out the issue. I measured the V on CSync was around 1v however changing the Csync line (from to Dn8) to CN2 did the trick. Does that mean my device was expecting TTL level sync ?
      I don't recommend using CN2 if you aren't 100% sure (check your monitor specs). Also, there's a 75R/TTL switch that affects CN5 and 8pin mini DIN outputs.
      This is what I thought but even after changing the switch to TTL I still get 1v on SYNC line on MD8.
    • RGB wrote:

      What's the monitor's input impedance and how do you measure the amplitude? There are monitors (but they're rare) that require TTL voltage levels, but have 75R input impedance. The HAS' "TTL" CSync is basically TTL amplitude and high impedance.
      Sorry i dnt know that level of details but I am using a NEC 135LC CRT projector --> curtpalme.com/docs/NECXG852_1352_User.pdf

      Currently I am first connecting my HAS to a Extron Rxi201 which has a small LCD screen which displays H and V Khz. WHen connecting the MN8 sync line it shows no signal and changing that to CN2 it shows the signal.
    • RGB wrote:

      I own the same Extron and it worked the last time I checked. Are you 100% sure that you use the correct pin for CSync (CN5, pin #3)? I'll test it again when I find some time, but iirc the amplitude when connected to the Extron was like ~2.6Vp-p which is within its tolerance (2 to 5.5Vp-p, 510R input impedance).
      yes I am 100% as I tried the Cysync line through both MD8 and Cn5 pint 3.

      Plus one more thing I use Brooks retro board and has a DB15 out of it. When I connect it to HAS all the buttons are on "ON" state (tekken 3 players keeps on powering up which happens on pressing all 4 buttons). This stick works just fine on my consolized MVS board. However I have DB15 (no electronics) pad which works just fine on HAS so I am assuming this could be powering issue (powering the retro board) but again it works just fine on consolized MVS (weird aye ?)