What's new
Why not run the VGA from the Naomi directly to your monitor?
A cheap VGA -> BNC cable should do the trick as well

Why not run the VGA from the Naomi directly to your monitor?
A cheap VGA -> BNC cable should do the trick as well
Yes, I thought of this last night. I already have a VGA to BNC cable for my HAS (with the HD15 adapter). I'm guessing I would simply plug the video from the Naomi into my BVM and everything else as per usual into the HAS? (Audio, controllers, Capcom IO, etc).

One thing to keep in mind though is that you need a VGA -> 5x BNC cable if the Naomi outputs HVsync instead of Csync.
Not sure to be honest on this part, would need to check myself what exactly it outputs

One thing to keep in mind though is that you need a VGA -> 5x BNC cable if the Naomi outputs HVsync instead of Csync.
Not sure to be honest on this part, would need to check myself what exactly it outputs
Yes I have the 5 x BNC connector for my HAS and am using the Grey cable on Sync and seems to be working just fine. Hoping that's the same for Naomi.

Very cool, happy to hear results. Hey maybe the switch will fix your sync issue!
Got me curious, so I decided to try it out before work.

Flipping the switch on the Capcom IO to csync resulted in a scrambled image on the screen. Toggling HAS' sync regeneration didn't do anything to fix it.

Set it back to H/V and seems to work as before, with the slight bend at the top. Again, HAS sync regeneration doesn't fix the problem.

My guess is that it does something weird with sync like the Dreamcast and needs a special circuit designed to fix that (like @citrus3000psi did for the Retro Access scart cables) or you'll need to throw in an Extron device. I use the 580xi.

That's with my BVM. No clue about other monitors.

Once I got 31khz working, I stopped bothering with 15khz for AW and Naomi. And yes, I do have a Capcom I/O.

I do have a Capcom I/O
Capcom IO is just so handy at consolizing JVS systems for controls.

I used mine with the HAS basically as a JVS-2-DB15(supergun) adapter only...
All video and audio was taken directly from the Naomi/Namco 2x6...
Also, with that NetDIMM being the power hungry slut she is I ran with a dedicated/real Sun JVS PSU (ie NOT powered via Capcom IO).

When dealing with 31khz VGA and RCA audio its really the last/only item needed (control).
I think @invzim makes a JVS pac that could have application here, but I haven't looked into any of that hence the tag to him.

I do have a Capcom I/O
Capcom IO is just so handy at consolizing JVS systems for controls.
I used mine with the HAS basically as a JVS-2-DB15(supergun) adapter only...
All video and audio was taken directly from the Naomi/Namco 2x6...
Also, with that NetDIMM being the power hungry slut she is I ran with a dedicated/real Sun JVS PSU (ie NOT powered via Capcom IO).

When dealing with 31khz VGA and RCA audio its really the last/only item needed (control).
I think @invzim makes a JVS pac that could have application here, but I haven't looked into any of that hence the tag to him.
Not really, the jvs-pac is a PC USB interface that enables you to use a JVS cabinet with a PC (controls only).
The Jammafier is to use Jamma games in a JVS cabinet
The Retro Scaler is for upscaling 15kHz -> 31kHz
The Tri-Sync helper is to normalize RGB and sync from Jamma games to tri-sync monitors (or an OSSC..).

Got nothing so far that helps consolizing a JVS system, but may in the future :)

what psu cable is everyone using for this. I have 1 with a switch to turn has on off but it's a bit big and bulky.

Also splatterhouse works on it but get no picture I'm guessing it's my ossc. Should I try my framemeister?

Also splatterhouse works on it but get no picture I'm guessing it's my ossc. Should I try my framemeister?
Splatterhouse most certainly works with the OSSC, check the settings but honestly I don't remember doing anything special at all to make it work.

Splatterhouse most certainly works with the OSSC, check the settings but honestly I don't remember doing anything special at all to make it work.
mines a conversion. I couldnt get it to work at all. I get audio though.

what psu cable is everyone using for this. I have 1 with a switch to turn has on off but it's a bit big and bulky.

I bought this exact one for my Meanwell PSU and it works perfectly:https://www.parts-express.com/ac-po...tors-18-awg-3c-sjtow-300v-black-6-ft--110-101
I need one with a switch to turn it on and off
Yeah, we all do! I currently just use a power strip dedicated to the HAS. Not compact, but it works.

I bought this exact one for my Meanwell PSU and it works perfectly:https://www.parts-express.com/ac-po...tors-18-awg-3c-sjtow-300v-black-6-ft--110-101
I need one with a switch to turn it on and off
I used one of these - https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Power-C...-Prong-With-ON-OFF-US-Plug-3-Pin/273812730816

Hey guys,

Question. How dangerous is the "unprocessed" setting on the csyn processing switch when using S-Video with the HAS?

Back