What's new
@RGB, or really anyone who can answer this.

I'm trying some PCBs to work on my consumer Sony TV (to sync better) and noticed that regenerated Csync (switch 2 on HAS v4) seems to help. Also, on one game, Biomechanical Toy, it ONLY works if set to "unprocessed".

So my questions are:

1. Does regenerated affect the game play? As in, does it add lag or anything?
2. What does unprocessed do exactly? I mean, is there a risk to my TV or RetroTINK RGB2Comp box?

Thanks everyone!

2. What does unprocessed do exactly? I mean, is there a risk to my TV or RetroTINK RGB2Comp box?
1. No lag :)
2. "Unprocessed" is the CSync pulled directly from the JAMMA PCB through a 470R resistor. There is no risk to your TV or adapter if they use 75R termination (safe to assume they do). Do you have a scope? It might be worth it to measure the Biomechanical Toy's CSync amplitude.

1. No lag :) 2. "Unprocessed" is the CSync pulled directly from the JAMMA PCB through a 470R resistor. There is no risk to your TV or adapter if they use 75R termination (safe to assume they do). Do you have a scope? It might be worth it to measure the Biomechanical Toy's CSync amplitude.
Thanks for the reply. If it adds no lag, why is the default set to buffered? Why not use regenerated as the default as it seems to make the most PCBs work?

As for the scope, sadly I do not have one. When you say 75R termination, do you mean the game PCB or the other switch on the HAS (which I keep on 75R not TTL).

Thanks for the reply. If it adds no lag, why is the default set to buffered? Why no use regenerated as the default as it seems to make the most PCBs work?
Buffered doesn't add any lag and is a balance between safe and least intrusive. Regenerated can alter the signal.

As for the scope, sadly I do not have one. When you say 75R termination, do you mean the game PCB or the other switch on the HAS (which I keep on 75R not TTL).
He means the termination on the display you are sending the sync signal to.

EDIT - I found a different thread here saying the HAS may be available in Feb on a webshop, so I will look out for that. But I'll leave my old mssg here in case anyone can help regarding the other stuff.

Hi, I'm new here. I'd like a SuperGun and I keep getting recommended this one, but I'm given two links, one is this forum and the other is shmups.system11.org . I registered there and can access it, but not the thread where I've been told I can buy a HAS from, it tells me I don't have permission.

So I came here. Just to confirm, they are no longer for sale and can't be pre-ordered, is that correct? That's what it looks like from the link on page 1. Sorry I know it's probably an obvious answer, it's just I want to make sure because I keep getting told to buy a HAS really recently, as if they're available, but it looks like they haven't been for ages.

I actually just want one to test a Mortal Kombat II board, I've had it for decades, never used it and never used a SuperGun before. Just want test it and then most likely sell it as well as the SuperGun, unless I fall in love. Everyone keeps telling me other SuperGuns are bad and dangerous or something. I'd like the full package so I don't have to put stuff together, as well as a power supply. I know quite a lot about games tech but original arcade hardware is a weak spot for me, and power supplies in general is another. I don't mind losing a bit of cash when re-selling the SuperGun, though I'd like it if I didn't lose a lot, as it'll be barely used. I don't know what the after market for these kinda things are.

So any help would be great! Umm, maybe someone could lend me one? I doubt that would happen though as you'd have to trust me, haha. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
What shop is the the HAS available from?? Do we have any exact date? I am impatient AF right now. Thank you.

EDIT - I found a different thread here saying the HAS may be available in Feb on a webshop, so I will look out for that. But I'll leave my old mssg here in case anyone can help regarding the other stuff.

Hi, I'm new here. I'd like a SuperGun and I keep getting recommended this one, but I'm given two links, one is this forum and the other is shmups.system11.org . I registered there and can access it, but not the thread where I've been told I can buy a HAS from, it tells me I don't have permission.

So I came here. Just to confirm, they are no longer for sale and can't be pre-ordered, is that correct? That's what it looks like from the link on page 1. Sorry I know it's probably an obvious answer, it's just I want to make sure because I keep getting told to buy a HAS really recently, as if they're available, but it looks like they haven't been for ages.

I actually just want one to test a Mortal Kombat II board, I've had it for decades, never used it and never used a SuperGun before. Just want test it and then most likely sell it as well as the SuperGun, unless I fall in love. Everyone keeps telling me other SuperGuns are bad and dangerous or something. I'd like the full package so I don't have to put stuff together, as well as a power supply. I know quite a lot about games tech but original arcade hardware is a weak spot for me, and power supplies in general is another. I don't mind losing a bit of cash when re-selling the SuperGun, though I'd like it if I didn't lose a lot, as it'll be barely used. I don't know what the after market for these kinda things are.

So any help would be great! Umm, maybe someone could lend me one? I doubt that would happen though as you'd have to trust me, haha. Thank you for your time.
So, the HAS is one of the best and safest SGs to use for sure, BUT, MK2 is an odd board and if you are trying to use it with a CRT TV, it will likely have roll and not be useable for gaming. Honestly, for that one game, why waste the time and money getting a SG to work, just use MAME or one of the countless ports of it and be done. Don't forget, not only will you have to buy a PSU, but also controllers for MK2, which also needs a kick harness... lots of cost just to test a PCB. Why not just sell it untested?

What shop is the the HAS available from?? Do we have any exact date? I am impatient AF right now. Thank you.
You’re in the shop right now, broskii. Welcome to the forum. @RGB is the creator, and a all round awesome dude supplying a niche piece of hardware for a niche market. It’ll be ready when he’s ready and not a minute sooner. ;)

It’s up to you and I don’t want to sound like I’m just criticizing. But buying a supergun just to test your MKII pcb so that you can just sell it afterward is a waste. Like it was mentioned before, you could just sell the board untested so your buyer will know buying before hand.

That sounds pretty odd whoever told you superguns were bad, the only ever caveat I knew of superguns in general were for their price, not for some other reason. The only questionable superguns are probably those CHAMMAs sold on aliexpress or whatever.

The only questionable superguns are probably those CHAMMAs sold on aliexpress or whatever.
Tell that to the people with fried UD-USB Decoders when they used a MAK strike.

___

HAS is great, I have 2 of them and they are fantastic. Also I haven't fried any of my USB Decoders :)

That sounds pretty odd whoever told you superguns were bad, the only ever caveat I knew of superguns in general were for their price, not for some other reason. The only questionable superguns are probably those CHAMMAs sold on aliexpress or whatever.
There are tons of problems with SG throughout time, but many people didn't know it was the SG causing it. HAS is AWESOME as is, based on A-P forum members feedback, ALL the SG developed and sold on these forums.

Outside of here however, I wouldn't take any chances. Even modern SGs that cost twice to three times as much have potential issues that can fry your equipment. Just Google Windy City SG for an example...

Check this

Check this

in any rate...for sure a new batch will be available on the shop directly...i don't think will be another pre-order call.

You’re in the shop right now, broskii.
You know, that would be a cool name for a beer.
Give me a Broskii Brewskii.

You probably wouldn't be able to say it after you had a couple...

:D
The slogan could be "Come at me, brew!".

Or "don't taze me, brew!!"...

Or, "brews, before hoes"...

The possibilities are endless.

So, the HAS is one of the best and safest SGs to use for sure, BUT, MK2 is an odd board and if you are trying to use it with a CRT TV, it will likely have roll and not be useable for gaming. Honestly, for that one game, why waste the time and money getting a SG to work, just use MAME or one of the countless ports of it and be done. Don't forget, not only will you have to buy a PSU, but also controllers for MK2, which also needs a kick harness... lots of cost just to test a PCB. Why not just sell it untested?
Like I mentioned, I don't want to get it working to play it, so I'm not interested in playing it in MAME or any other port. I would like to test it and then sell it.

It’s up to you and I don’t want to sound like I’m just criticizing. But buying a supergun just to test your MKII pcb so that you can just sell it afterward is a waste. Like it was mentioned before, you could just sell the board untested so your buyer will know buying before hand.

Like it was mentioned before? You're the second person to reply to me, the first said I should play the game in MAME. Sorry unless I missed something. Selling a board untested is almost the same as selling something as faulty, as I cannot guarantee to the buyer that it works. So I would get a lot less for it, most likely less than half.

Check this

Check this

in any rate...for sure a new batch will be available on the shop directly...i don't think will be another pre-order call.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned, I don't want to get it working to play it, so I'm not interested in playing it in MAME or any other port. I would like to test it and then sell it.
People are trying to tell you, your plan doesn't make economic sense. You will pay a lot more for the HAS supergun, power supply, controller adapter, kick harness, and RGB cable then you will get from selling a working Mortal Kombat II PCB. And that assumes you have an analog RGB compatible display. If not, then add on the cost of a video converter of some sort.

Back