What's new
Like I mentioned, I don't want to get it working to play it, so I'm not interested in playing it in MAME or any other port. I would like to test it and then sell it.
People are trying to tell you, your plan doesn't make economic sense. You will pay a lot more for the HAS supergun, power supply, controller adapter, kick harness, and RGB cable then you will get from selling a working Mortal Kombat II PCB. And that assumes you have an analog RGB compatible display. If not, then add on the cost of a video converter of some sort.
I don't need to buy a controller adaptor and analogue RGB compatible display. I'd like to test the game anyway. Do you know if the HAS SuperGun comes with a power supply? If it doesn't, could you possibly recommend one which is available to the UK and works on UK power? No worries if not.

Would you guys give this guy a break. His eyes are obviously on the big pay day of selling a working MK 2 board. How much do they go for these days $300- $400 US?
Serious though Brendle if you're starting from scratch on getting that board to function. You're better off finding someone in your area to test it for you that already own the gear to verify that it works. You can always send it my way. I can test it for you as I got everything to verify if it works.

LoL

Mortal Kombat II is a JAMMA standard board, meaning you can test it in any arcade cab that has the JAMMA standard wiring.

I would try to find someone local and see if they will let you test it.

:D

Like I mentioned, I don't want to get it working to play it, so I'm not interested in playing it in MAME or any other port. I would like to test it and then sell it.
Clearly you don't want to take the advice of everyone here, but once again I'll state that even if you bought a HAS, the PSU to go with it, joystick (to test functionality), a kick harness, and then plugged it up to your TV, you could STILL have issues with it syncing to your TV, so you couldn't be 100% sure the PCB worked properly. Now you'd have to invest in a scaler or line doubler like the OSSC, then get the correct cables for that, THEN you could test on a modern TV, then you could sell everything for a loss, just to test a $250 USD game?

I can save you money.

Step 1: Mail me your PCB to the US at your cost.
Step 2: I will test your PCB for you for free.
Step 3: Regardless of if your PCB is working or not, I will keep your PCB and give you nothing.
Step 4: You have now saved money and time. You're welcome.

It’s up to you and I don’t want to sound like I’m just criticizing. But buying a supergun just to test your MKII pcb so that you can just sell it afterward is a waste. Like it was mentioned before, you could just sell the board untested so your buyer will know buying before hand.

That sounds pretty odd whoever told you superguns were bad, the only ever caveat I knew of superguns in general were for their price, not for some other reason. The only questionable superguns are probably those CHAMMAs sold on aliexpress or whatever.
Like it was mentioned before? You're the second person to reply to me, the first said I should play the game in MAME. Sorry unless I missed something. Selling a board untested is almost the same as selling something as faulty, as I cannot guarantee to the buyer that it works. So I would get a lot less for it, most likely less than half.
@xtrasmiley recommended MAME or other ports, and was the first person to suggest to not buy a supergun for the sole reason to test a board for selling. I just agreed with that notion, but I didn’t recommend emulation or ports.

Would you guys give this guy a break. His eyes are obviously on the big pay day of selling a working MK 2 board. How much do they go for these days $300- $400 US?
Serious though Brendle if you're starting from scratch on getting that board to function. You're better off finding someone in your area to test it for you that already own the gear to verify that it works. You can always send it my way. I can test it for you as I got everything to verify if it works.

LoL
Thank you zionfarm, I'll look around in my area! I'll think about sending it to you too, you're probably pretty far away though, haha. I'm in the UK. Also I would like to say to everyone that I WOULD like to get a HAS and keep it, I'd love to get some game boards but I'm bit broke right now. But I'll see what I can do. I used to have a stand up ElectroCoin Neo-Geo cab with 6-Slot MVS ages ago, but this guy I thought was my friend stole it from me. That cab was my pride and joy. Sad times.

Mortal Kombat II is a JAMMA standard board, meaning you can test it in any arcade cab that has the JAMMA standard wiring.

I would try to find someone local and see if they will let you test it.
Cheers, I'll look around. I don't think there is any in my area though.

@xtrasmiley, it's not letting me quote messages all of a sudden so I'll just reply manually - Thanks for you sage advice. I'll pass though, I'll try to get a HAS instead, as I'd like to learn about arcade hardware. Though they seem to be in high demand so I might not be lucky.

@lupinko said: "xtrasmiley recommended MAME or other ports, and was the first person to suggest to not buy a supergun for the sole reason to test a board for selling. I just agreed with that notion, but I didn’t recommend emulation or ports."

Apologies, my bad.

How about power supplies, would this one be good for a HAP? What would you lot recommend ? -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16A-Arca...588698?hash=item593f917d1a:g:9CkAAOSwcqFd9IEx

Last edited:
That PSU will work, but it's very low quality. For MK2 probably not a big deal, but for the same price (or just a tad more) you could get a much better PSU such as a Mean Well brand.

Most at this point recommend avoiding Chinese PSUs and even Happ ones as the quality has gone down dramatically.

Stick with the same form factor, but a Mean Well branded one.

Seriously though, you guys really trying to talk people out of RGB making a sale, in his own sales thread?

tenor.gif

If the guy wants to buy a HAS, let him buy a HAS.
RGB would surely appreciate another customer, and we can all suffer less posts of you guys telling people what they should do with their money.

This forum isn't about ripping people off or making them waste money unnecessarily, even at the profit of one of our own. It's about helping people and creating cool products.

If his best course of action is to sell his board untested, that's what we will advise him to do. If the best course of action is to buy a HAS (which now it seems he wants to do), then we will help him do so and advise on best parts to buy, such as PSU.

I've sent at least 6 people toward a HAS based on how awesome it is. Despite my love for the HAS, I would never talk someone into one that doesn't need it just to ring up a sale. That's pretty shitty.

That PSU will work, but it's very low quality. For MK2 probably not a big deal, but for the same price (or just a tad more) you could get a much better PSU such as a Mean Well brand.

Most at this point recommend avoiding Chinese PSUs and even Happ ones as the quality has gone down dramatically. Stick with the same form factor, but a Mean Well branded one.
Oh sweet, Mean Well? OK I'll look that up, cheers. Also concerning earlier posts, I get what you mean, I'll make an effort not to actually lose money.
Seriously though, you guys really trying to talk people out of RGB making a sale, in his own sales thread?

If the guy wants to buy a HAS, let him buy a HAS. RGB would surely appreciate another customer, and we can all suffer less posts of you guys telling people what they should do with their money.
Haha, nice gif. Thanks for the support. It's cool man, I must have come across badly at first. I'm guessing I shouldn't have heartlessly said I'm gonna just sell everything, probably comes across as uncaring or disrespectful or something. Also I should have done a thorough check first to see if this thread is actually for beginners, because I don't wanna bug ppl with my noob questions if it's not. I'm gonna see if I can sell some of my stuff so I can afford a HAS and maybe skip some meals, haha.

This forum isn't about ripping people off or making them waste money unnecessarily, even at the profit of one of our own. It's about helping people and creating cool products.
^ This. Of course I want to sell the HAS, but not at all costs. In this case my recommendation would be to start a fresh thread and to look for somebody in the UK who could test the board for you, you will save money and time (because I don't have any spare HAS units at the moment).

@St4rwalker - just for reference, a brand new HAS V3.1-V4.0 cost €122. V3.1 is almost the same as the V3.2, except it doesn't allow to disable button 4 on the JAMMA connector. It's not a big deal unless you play Vampire Saviour (button 4 on the JAMMA edge causes an error with some special move in this game, I can't recall which character and move exactly).

=========================================
I've got some bad news - next week I'll undergo a minor operation and this will affect the delivery of the next HAS batch, I won't be able to work for good 3 weeks (however I think I might be able to continue shipping the pre-orders) :(
Good news is that I should finally have the JAMMA extension harnesses ready in the first week of February.

I've got some bad news - next week I'll undergo a minor operation and this will affect the delivery of the next HAS batch, I won't be able to work for good 3 weeks (however I think I might be able to continue shipping the pre-orders) :(
Good news is that I should finally have the JAMMA extension harnesses ready in the first week of February.
Just dedicate yourself to getting better. I'm sending maximum karma your way.

If his best course of action is to sell his board untested, that's what we will advise him to do. If the best course of action is to buy a HAS (which now it seems he wants to do), then we will help him do so and advise on best parts to buy, such as PSU.

I've sent at least 6 people toward a HAS based on how awesome it is. Despite my love for the HAS, I would never talk someone into one that doesn't need it just to ring up a sale. That's pretty shitty.
Who said anything about ripping people off?

What I'm saying is that he mentioned MULTIPLE times that he wants to have a HAS. Why beat a dead horse if his heart is set on owning one?
He also mentioned that he wants to eventually own more PCB's...so why try to run him off (which is what you guys seem like you're intending). We want people to join this community, grow this community, not be cock-blocked by existing members of this community.

I don't get how you're implying that I want him or anyone in the community to get ripped off.

Your snarky response of a "plan" to keep his goods is more of an indication that you would rip him off, rather than allowing him to purchase something he desires. How is that "helping people" huh? :thumbdown:

Haha, nice gif. Thanks for the support. It's cool man, I must have come across badly at first. I'm guessing I shouldn't have heartlessly said I'm gonna just sell everything, probably comes across as uncaring or disrespectful or something. Also I should have done a thorough check first to see if this thread is actually for beginners, because I don't wanna bug ppl with my noob questions if it's not. I'm gonna see if I can sell some of my stuff so I can afford a HAS and maybe skip some meals, haha.
That's fine man, its your property, and your money. You do what you want with it. The HAS is a great piece of tech, and even if you don't have multiple PCB's now, you probably will in the future. It looks like you're just starting out, and you are interested in getting into this hobby more. You are more than welcome here! Just take people's advice with a grain of salt, and in the end make your own judgement on what's the best course of action for you.

If you do eventually get a HAS, might I suggest one small thing: thoroughly read the instruction manual before asking questions. :D There have been a few instances where folks didn't know a feature or an operation exists, on this product or others featured here, but they were outlined in the manuals. Best to read through them first and see if you can find your info there (they're really well put-together), then ask questions to the forum if you can't find your answer.

Oh no, sorry to hear that, Michael! I hope you have a speedy recovery, and get time to rest and heal. Take your time, man. This hobby stuff should come second to life stuff. Always. :thumbup:

^ This. Of course I want to sell the HAS, but not at all costs. In this case my recommendation would be to start a fresh thread and to look for somebody in the UK who could test the board for you, you will save money and time
Exactly that!

I've got some bad news - next week I'll undergo a minor operation and this will affect the delivery of the next HAS batch, I won't be able to work for good 3 weeks (however I think I might be able to continue shipping the pre-orders)
Get well. We want to see you back at work :thumbup:

Reactions: RGB
Back