What's new
I'm actually needing that conversion board myself but doesn't look like it'll be available for a while. Does anyone have other RGB -> Composite/S-Video converters to recommend?

Few questions:

What all specifically uses the "QSound 3/4 player harness " ?

For the HD-15 module and the 8pin mini DIN to HD-15 adapter, Is owning both redundant? Are there specific use cases where each would be a better fit?

The Saturn Adapters - Have they been updated using the Arthrimus code to support the readily available Retro-Bit Saturn controllers? Or can they easily be updated to do so? I know some leaps and bounds have been made in regards to Saturn to DB15 tech just not sure if the FAQ was updated to reflect if those have been incorporated into the RGB version.

Thanks ! :thumbsup:

Hi, somebody can say me the vertical and horizontal measurements of the has with the plexiglass? I’ll apreciate it

For the HD-15 module and the 8pin mini DIN to HD-15 adapter, Is owning both redundant? Are there specific use cases where each would be a better fit?

The Saturn Adapters - Have they been updated using the Arthrimus code to support the readily available Retro-Bit Saturn controllers? Or can they easily be updated to do so? I know some leaps and bounds have been made in regards to Saturn to DB15 tech just not sure if the FAQ was updated to reflect if those have been incorporated into the RGB version.
CPS1.5/Dash games, like the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Saturday Night Slam Masters etc.

Might be redundant, depending on your setup.

I use my own code in the Saturn adaters, for now it's compatible with the official digital controllers. I know that Arthrimus has made some nice progress, but I won't use his code. Of course these adapters can be re-programmed to use his code because we use the same microcontroller family (it will require some I/O rearranging in the code, but that's it).

CPS1.5/Dash games, like the Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Saturday Night Slam Masters etc.
Might be redundant, depending on your setup.

I use my own code in the Saturn adaters, for now it's compatible with the official digital controllers. I know that Arthrimus has made some nice progress, but I won't use his code. Of course these adapters can be re-programmed to use his code because we use the same microcontroller family (it will require some I/O rearranging in the code, but that's it).
Thank you for the prompt answers!

Regarding the setup, I am using this cable ( Cable ) to go from my minigun to my gscartsw and then to my xrgb framemeister. Will this same cable work with your HAS ? I know the FAQ said a SCART cable would not work and this is what provoked me to go an request both of your hat adapters. I don't have a OSSC and held off because I always felt another one would be on the horizon and now with the OSSC Pro announced that perseverance has paid off. Not sure what cable the OSSC Pro will accept but I will switch to that eventually when it comes. If I need both of those adapters I can pick them up but it may be redundant for my current setup and my future one.

As for the Saturn adapters, I thought I saw you throw your suggestions around in that thread of theirs so I figured they would be nearly the same. I would really prefer the ones that work well with the retro-bit controllers. I don't have a programmer to reprogram yours on my own. It also seems they found some glitches in Arth's code so I may also wait until that is ironed out.

Thanks for any advice so that I may make an informed decision! :thumbsup:

I used the same cable too for my HAS until I started using VGA+RCA for Naomi and AW. I’ll keep it around for my MVS and eventually my CPS2 (and wishfully my CPS3!) setups.

Regarding the setup, I am using this cable ( Cable ) to go from my minigun to my gscartsw and then to my xrgb framemeister. Will this same cable work with your HAS ? I know the FAQ said a SCART cable would not work and this is what provoked me to go an request both of your hat adapters.
The FAQ doesn't say anything like this:

FAQ said:
8. “Can I use the 8pin mini DIN to female Scart that is dedicated to the XRGB Mini Framemeister and plug it in to the HAS?”
No, it won’t work. The Scart head in the cable that goes into the XRGB is wired for “input”. When you connect it to the HAS, you output the video signal, so the Scart should be wired for “output”.

Hey Guys,

Question. What is the best cable to use with the 8pin mini din connector on the HAS when going to a PVM? I guess I'd need a good BNC cable from Retro Access. I just want to be sure I order the right one.

I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread in the past, please forgive me.

Thanks!

Regarding the setup, I am using this cable ( Cable ) to go from my minigun to my gscartsw and then to my xrgb framemeister. Will this same cable work with your HAS ? I know the FAQ said a SCART cable would not work and this is what provoked me to go an request both of your hat adapters.
The FAQ doesn't say anything like this:

FAQ said:
8. “Can I use the 8pin mini DIN to female Scart that is dedicated to the XRGB Mini Framemeister and plug it in to the HAS?”
No, it won’t work. The Scart head in the cable that goes into the XRGB is wired for “input”. When you connect it to the HAS, you output the video signal, so the Scart should be wired for “output”.
As I have ordered one of these female scart to mini din cables, I will need to swap a couple of cables around in the Scart head. Should be straight forward, will post me results.

My number was finally called! My package of HAS goodies arrived last night. No joke this came faster from overseas than stuff I've bought from New Jersey (I can see New Jersey from my place).

Thanks @RGB

Didn't have much time to play with my new toys but booted up a board and saw it in all its glory. Love the black PCBs too. Very sexy and an awesome addition to my arcade arsenal.

My number was finally called! My package of HAS goodies arrived last night. No joke this came faster from overseas than stuff I've bought from New Jersey (I can see New Jersey from my place).

Thanks @RGB

Didn't have much time to play with my new toys but booted up a board and saw it in all its glory. Love the black PCBs too. Very sexy and an awesome addition to my arcade arsenal.
He shipped an item to me once (from Poland to NYC) in the afternoon and it arrived at 9am the next morning. Some wizardry going on over there.

I just got my order confirmation email yesterday and you have no idea how excited I am to finally play my CPS2 games =O =O =O
Congrats! Curious, when did you get on the waitlist or put your order in? I'm not even on a pre-order list so I think I'm months/years behind everyone else.

Last edited:
Back