What's new
I just got my order confirmation email yesterday and you have no idea how excited I am to finally play my CPS2 games =O =O =O
Congrats! Curious, when did you put your get on the waitlist or put your order in? I'm not even on a pre-order list so I think I'm months/years behind everyone else.
Around June I think...? I remember at the time that batch was expected to ship around October. Anyway you're probably fine since RGB is working on a webstore to start soon - no more old pre-order system.

Just preparing my PSU for the HAS arrival... Can someone please confirm if I have this right? I live in NZ so I think these colours are correct... Terrified I've got it wrong and I'm gonna blow the thing up!

I worked it out as:
Green/yellow = Earth (E)
Brown = Active/Phase/Live (A/P/L)
Blue = Neutral (N)

Related question: can I switch it on as it is now (checking for a green light) to confirm it's wired up correctly? Or do you have to have the other terminals connected to something to avoid damaging it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_132142.jpg
    IMG_20200216_132142.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 183
can I switch it on as it is now (checking for a green light) to confirm it's wired up correctly? Or do you have to have the other terminals connected to something to avoid damaging it?
It is best not to energize the power supply without a load on the outputs. That said, it is probably fine to fire it up for 2.2 seconds.

Just preparing my PSU for the HAS arrival... Can someone please confirm if I have this right? I live in NZ so I think these colours are correct... Terrified I've got it wrong and I'm gonna blow the thing up!

I worked it out as:
Green/yellow = Earth (E)
Brown = Active/Phase/Live (A/P/L)
Blue = Neutral (N)

Related question: can I switch it on as it is now (checking for a green light) to confirm it's wired up correctly? Or do you have to have the other terminals connected to something to avoid damaging it?
Green Earth

Blue AC \ N

Brown AC \ L

No load needs to be drawn but test JAMMA edge for PSU voltage.

Adjust 5V to 5.05V before hooking up a board by turning the the voltage screw on your PSU.

If you don’t have a multi meter use a pcb attached and the meter built into the has to adjust

Finally received my HAS which I am very excited about! I do have a few questions though, that I hope can be answered.

First, I have so far used the cheap retroelectronic supergun sold from France. This worked well with a PC power supply that I had, but I see in the manual, and in every discussion of the HAS, that it is recommended to use a genuine arcade power supply. I could order one of course, but just want to make sure that it wont work with a PC power supply first. It would of course be more practical for me considering I already own one. So could it work? Or do I need to buy an arcade one?

Second, about the video output cable. If I am reading the manual correctly, I can not use the mini-din cable that came with my Framemeister because it is wired for input, and i need one wired for output. However, when I frequented this board and ended up preordering the HAS about a year ago, I specifically asked about this, and a member said I could use it. So what is correct?

Just want to end my post by saying that the supergun looks great, and that I am really looking forward to using it!

Finally received my HAS which I am very excited about! I do have a few questions though, that I hope can be answered.

First, I have so far used the cheap retroelectronic supergun sold from France. This worked well with a PC power supply that I had, but I see in the manual, and in every discussion of the HAS, that it is recommended to use a genuine arcade power supply. I could order one of course, but just want to make sure that it wont work with a PC power supply first. It would of course be more practical for me considering I already own one. So could it work? Or do I need to buy an arcade one?

Second, about the video output cable. If I am reading the manual correctly, I can not use the mini-din cable that came with my Framemeister because it is wired for input, and i need one wired for output. However, when I frequented this board and ended up preordering the HAS about a year ago, I specifically asked about this, and a member said I could use it. So what is correct?

Just want to end my post by saying that the supergun looks great, and that I am really looking forward to using it!
I honestly would stay on the safe side and get yourself an arcade power supply. The recommended one to use by the majority of HAS owners would be this model- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prima-Black-Switching-JAMMA-Power-Supply-5V-12V-MWP-606-/391789204197

For the video output cable, it has to be an 8-pin mini din scart cable. Your best bet would be to get one from retro access. I use this one and it works phenomenally- https://retro-access.com/collection...aflex-8-pin-mini-din-rgb-scart-cable-for-mods

Or if you want a video/audio combo which includes a 3.5mm jack built in to plug into your HAS, I would grab this one- https://retro-access.com/products/n...-stereo-rgb-scart-lead-for-rgb-upgrade-boards

Last edited:
I've finally joined the club and got a HAS but haven't hooked it up yet as I'm needing a video cable.
Is a 8 pin mini DIN to SCART the only option? Will one of the 8 pin mini DIN to VGA work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DIN-8...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This would be much easier as my TV has a VGA input.
The mini din 8 to VGA cable you linked to is wired completely wrong for the HAS. It could damage the HAS and/or your TV if you use it.

Even if it was wired correctly, the HAS produced RGBS (red, green, blue, and composite sync) where as the vast majority of VGA inputs require RGBHV (red, green, blue, horizontal sync, vertical sync). You would want to use an active converter, like an Rxtron RGB 202 or similar if you wanted to use a VGA input with the HAS.

I've finally joined the club and got a HAS but haven't hooked it up yet as I'm needing a video cable.
Is a 8 pin mini DIN to SCART the only option? Will one of the 8 pin mini DIN to VGA work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DIN-8...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The mini din 8 to VGA cable you linked to is wired completely wrong for the HAS. It could damage the HAS and/or your TV if you use it.
Even if it was wired correctly, the HAS produced RGBS (red, green, blue, and composite sync) where as the vast majority of VGA inputs require RGBHV (red, green, blue, horizontal sync, vertical sync). You would want to use an active converter, like an Rxtron RGB 202 or similar if you wanted to use a VGA input with the HAS.
Not necessarily, some monitors I owned work perfectly fine with 15k RGBS over its VGA (DE-15) port.
Nec XM29, Pioneer PDP-V402 etc.

Did not look into how that specific cable is wired on the DIN side, so can’t comment to that :)

Thanks Goat, makes sense.
Looks like I'll opt for a Scart to an OSSC.

Is there a thingiverse for the 3D Printed Meanwell MWP-606 Power Supply terminal block cover? I feel like someone posted one up a bit ago, but couldn't find it through searches.

So I'm having someone build a fight stick for me. We're trying to determine if we should use USB or DB15 connector for the HAS. It will be a 6-button Capcom style input with coin and start buttons as well.

Can the HAS handle all of these inputs via DB15, or should I just have him build it in USB and use the Undamned Decoder? Will be using this on a genuine CPS2 board with the Capcom kick harness to HAS.

Yes, the HAS can support up to 6 action buttons, as well as start and coin, over DB15.

The HAS manual has the pinout for these. Connect the kick harness from the CPS2 to the HAS and you should be good.

Though if you did USB, then you could probably (depending on the board you go with) use it on other systems/consoles as well.

Yes, the HAS can support up to 6 action buttons, as well as start and coin, over DB15.

The HAS manual has the pinout for these. Connect the kick harness from the CPS2 to the HAS and you should be good.

Though if you did USB, then you could probably (depending on the board you go with) use it on other systems/consoles as well.
Excellent, thanks. Much appreciated!

Back