What's new
So I'm having someone build a fight stick for me. We're trying to determine if we should use USB or DB15 connector for the HAS. It will be a 6-button Capcom style input with coin and start buttons as well.

Can the HAS handle all of these inputs via DB15, or should I just have him build it in USB and use the Undamned Decoder? Will be using this on a genuine CPS2 board with the Capcom kick harness to HAS.
I think it boils down to how you want to use it. If you only ever wish to use it on supergun, then DB15 only makes sense (saves money, lowest latency). If you wish to use it on multiple systems, USB or some sort of multi encoder (MC Cthulhu, Brook Retro) makes sense.
-ud

Does anybody have an extra HAS "Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter" for sale?

Please PM me if you do.

Thanks!

Brent

:D

So I'm having someone build a fight stick for me. We're trying to determine if we should use USB or DB15 connector for the HAS. It will be a 6-button Capcom style input with coin and start buttons as well.

Can the HAS handle all of these inputs via DB15, or should I just have him build it in USB and use the Undamned Decoder? Will be using this on a genuine CPS2 board with the Capcom kick harness to HAS.
I think it boils down to how you want to use it. If you only ever wish to use it on supergun, then DB15 only makes sense (saves money, lowest latency). If you wish to use it on multiple systems, USB or some sort of multi encoder (MC Cthulhu, Brook Retro) makes sense.-ud
Thanks @undamned!

I am going to test my 3-4 player adapter first time tomorrow with TMNT. I found how to assemble the adapter from RGBs assembly guide, but how am I going to connect this white end to my TMNT board? It has two places and this white end just has two rows of pins? Do I just plug it on the cn4 no matter what side or how?

Got it assembled
3-4player.jpeg

But how do I connect from here?
turtles.jpeg

Yeah, I just noticed that I forgot to order the Konami harness... You still have those left if I PM you fo one?

I'm looking to hook up my HAS 4.0 to my Dell VGA monitor but I am getting a "cannot display this video mode. Optimum resolution 1280x1024 60Hz" message. I am trying to hook up my HAS to a Dell 1708FP. Any chance of getting this thing to work with it?

Arcades output 15K signals, RGBS. VGA monitors mostly expect 31K signals with separated horizontal and vertical sync.

"Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter"

Will these be available anytime soon?

EDIT:

Well I found one, so I'm good for now.

:D

Last edited:
Back