What's new
Hi RGB,

Can you let me know when I can expect to pick up an S-video hat from you? I missed out when my HAS shipped due to lack of availability, but would really like to still get one.

Thanks!

I missed the boat on ordering a HAT that allows component video on my HAS, do you ever plan on making more? I know the PS2 connector won't be an option anymore but wondering if you had an alt in mind.
I might but don't take my word for it, the priority is the newest HAS batch and a few other projects.
+2 for a HAS and a HAT or anything that puts component out.

"Sega Saturn to JAMMA joypad converter"

Will these be available anytime soon?

Like a dumb ass, I only ordered one when I bought my HAS thinking it would work for 2 joypads...

Or if anyone has one for sale, PM me please...

:D
I need to check the stock. I'll let you know, thanks!
Like an idiot, i didn't order any and now I won a bid on an hss-0130. I should have purchased two when I had the chance.

@RGB, if you still have a couple on hand, i'd like to take them off... your hands...

please and thank you

Hi all. I finally got around to buying a power supply. I have next to zero education when it comes to electrical work. I connected the HAS power wiring per the manual. I also purchased a power supply shell from QCretro. His website doesn't have pictures and pictures posted here don't have entirely the same colored wires. I've attached a photo. If you have a similar setup please let me know if I have it correct. Thanks.

20200408_144211_zps3kg9qojs.jpg

Well, I do have the time. I'll re-read the HAS manual and familiarize myself with voltages.

Got all the parts in this past week. Waiting on the HD Retrovision PS2/PS3 cables to come in next. Now for to put in the leg work as we say in the US. LoL

@zionfarm

49700245528_cb6db758f6_o.png

1. Cut 3 traces as shown above; bridge JP1.
  2. Install two switches, the following can be used: SSSS222700, JS202011CQN, CL-SB-22C-01
  3. Do not use the supplied goldpin headers. Stick a piece of thin double sided tape underneath the add-on board and stick it to the adapter PCB. Then solder it using some tinned copper wire (use resistor's leg or something). Edit: I just had a quick look at my adapter board and it looks that the add-on board won't touch anything on the HAS, so the supplied goldpins could be used here.

Reactions: RGB
Got it all soldered in, a little tight fit right next to capacitor JP3 with Viletim's NESRGB Component Video Board. @RGB where does the switches need to be and can you explain their purpose please?

I missed the boat on ordering a HAT that allows component video on my HAS, do you ever plan on making more? I know the PS2 connector won't be an option anymore but wondering if you had an alt in mind.
I might but don't take my word for it, the priority is the newest HAS batch and a few other projects.
+2 for a HAS and a HAT or anything that puts component out.
I am thinking (but certainly won't speak for RGB), if the PS2 connector is no longer available, then could the PCB be be redesigned/modded to use an 8 pin mini din instead? I really really want one of these still!

I am thinking (but certainly won't speak for RGB), if the PS2 connector is no longer available, then could the PCB be be redesigned/modded to use an 8 pin mini din instead? I really really want one of these still!
8 pin mini din should not be used for component video. I'd say the component hat should be redesigned with RCA sockets in place of the PS2 port. I think three could fit on there if some components were shifted around.

Got it all soldered in, a little tight fit right next to capacitor JP3 with Viletim's NESRGB Component Video Board. @RGB where does the switches need to be and can you explain their purpose please?
Looks good :thumbup: As for the switches - if both are in the "right" position (just like in that photo) the adapter outputs Component Video, if in the "left" position - RGBS out.

@RGB Any news on when the web shop will open? I had been following it and knew there were some personal things to take care of first, but I've chomping at the bit to get one of these ordered for over a year now. I was pretty sure I was on the list, but figure the web store would be a much better bet for some of us.

Thanks, buddy!

Is the DB15 controller connector pinout on the HAS standard or has it been modified? I'm picking up a couple of these terminal block adaptors for a custom control panel I'm building and I'm wondering if I'll have to worry about mixing the wires around if they don't match up (no big deal if I need to.) Unfortunately I can't find a pinout of the terminal block connector to see if this matches up...

Attachments

• nintendo-snes-to-neo-geo-and-supergun-adaptater-autofire.jpg
    nintendo-snes-to-neo-geo-and-supergun-adaptater-autofire.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 151
The HAS uses NeoGeo AES pinout + buttons 5 and 6. Please refer to the HAS manual for detailed info.

If you happen to have a spare retro-access cable I'd definitely be interested. Don't really wanna mess with the etim one.
It’s an etim but I can assemble it if you want.
That's OK. With all the isolation time I think I'm gonna try to re-pin my current cable.

Finally got around to fixing the cable ...
Success! Now I've just got to finish the controller I was making!

Attachments

• Commando.jpg
    Commando.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: RGB
Right on man. Can you do a comparison shot between the ps1 and ps2 hd retrovision cables?

Hey @Kano I don't have the PS1 here with me in Korea. I can show some video of it being played on my Sony PVM 14M4U, & my Sony 3D TV.

Back