What's new
You can count me among those wishing to get in on the next order. Been looking for a supergun of this quality with this kind of support from the creator and the community.
Great work RGB

Thanks for that. I think I have what I need. Can you confirm this is right?

Molex 15-pin: https://www.digikey.co.nz/product-detail/en/molex/0010112153/WM2687-ND/1643310
Pins: https://www.digikey.co.nz/products/en?keywords=0008550102
HAS-side connector: https://www.digikey.co.nz/product-detail/en/jst-sales-america-inc/XHP-6/455-2218-ND/1651016
+ wire and crimping tool (first time doing this)

I can use the same pins for both connectors right?
I don't think the same pins will work in the JST connector. I didn't have to worry since I bought my connector already wired.
On the Digikey part page for the connector, scroll down to see the correct pins. They have like 6 of them.
Also, the Molex connector also comes in a version with the locking clip if that's something you'd prefer. I have the slide on one which works fine because once they're pinned it holds it in to the board pretty snug.

I missed the boat on ordering a HAT that allows component video on my HAS, do you ever plan on making more? I know the PS2 connector won't be an option anymore but wondering if you had an alt in mind.
I might but don't take my word for it, the priority is the newest HAS batch and a few other projects.
+2 for a HAS and a HAT or anything that puts component out.
I imagine we are left with scart to component converters until then?

Last edited:
I missed the boat on ordering a HAT that allows component video on my HAS, do you ever plan on making more? I know the PS2 connector won't be an option anymore but wondering if you had an alt in mind.
I might but don't take my word for it, the priority is the newest HAS batch and a few other projects.
+2 for a HAS and a HAT or anything that puts component out.
I imagine we are left with scart to component converters until then?
I just discovered that the new HAS has option for HD15 (VGA connector) so I will need a transcoder to convert RGB+cSync to component (YCbCr).

Last edited:
VGA support or RGBS 15K video utilising a VGA connector?

VGA support or RGBS 15K video utilising a VGA connector?
RGBS 15k w VGA connector

I should clarify that I still need a transcoder from RGB+Csync to Component (YCbCr). Something along the lines of a Shinybow SB-2840 or the RetroTink RGB2Comp if connecting the HAS to a standard CRT with component inputs. The Extron is just a sync processor and wouldn't actually transcode RGB+Csync to component (YCbCr).

Sorry lol, most of you probably already know this, I'm thinking out loud here.. Trying to figure out the best way of connecting the HAS to my consumer grade CRT using component (YCbCr). =)

Last edited:
rgb
is you thinking of releasing a card or other supergun with an amp
for mvs because my colors are saturated with my mvs games

it would take an amp to attenuate the impedance with the right value for the rgb with pvm bvm crt type screens

thanks to you

Does anyone know the amount of voltage a cps2 game can handle before it's just too much? I'm trying to figure out how much to set my Mean Well psu to that is on my HAS. Some of my cps2 games seem to need more juice.

Does anyone know the amount of voltage a cps2 game can handle before it's just too much? I'm trying to figure out how much to set my Mean Well psu to that is on my HAS. Some of my cps2 games seem to need more juice.
I run my cps2 (with the DS multi) at 5.00V and everything works A-OK. Why do you think yours needs more voltage?

Some of my games don't seem to play at 5v. It seems like some need more juice so I was wondering how much can I give them before it's just to much.

Some of my games don't seem to play at 5v. It seems like some need more juice so I was wondering how much can I give them before it's just to much.
My recommendation is to use a voltmeter and spot check ICs on the PCBs to see if one or more are not seeing full voltage on the power rails. Assuming you find a voltage drop trace back along the schematic looking for damage.

if your boards are not running to spec, then there’s no real way of gauging what too much is. Generally I run my boards with a .02 tolerance to be “safe”, so I don’t let it go higher that 5.02.
But for your boards, who knows. The fact that they’re running out of spec could mean there’s something failing on your boards.

What is “more juice”? Like, give us the actual number you’re running them at.

I will update this for sure after I test my more boards. I can say right off hand boards with more eproms seem to need more voltage then ones with less. Here is a for instance- marvel superheroes cps2 runs great on a cabinet then put in a street fighter anniversary conversion and voltages must be turned up. I can literally convert it back to a marvel vs capcom and it will play no problem, voltages at original settings. I haven't done this for years and I never wrote anything down at the time so I couldn't tell you till I get home and do testing. I was setting up my HAS yesterday and trying to figure out exactly what voltages people thought were best for games like cps2 although I will be putting on other fighting games that seem to need a certain number of voltages ( street fighter the movie being one) I just don't want to get crazy and start ruining pcbs.

I will update this for sure after I test my more boards. I can say right off hand boards with more eproms seem to need more voltage then ones with less. Here is a for instance- marvel superheroes cps2 runs great on a cabinet then put in a street fighter anniversary conversion and voltages must be turned up. I can literally convert it back to a marvel vs capcom and it will play no problem, voltages at original settings. I haven't done this for years and I never wrote anything down at the time so I couldn't tell you till I get home and do testing. I was setting up my HAS yesterday and trying to figure out exactly what voltages people thought were best for games like cps2 although I will be putting on other fighting games that seem to need a certain number of voltages ( street fighter the movie being one) I just don't want to get crazy and start ruining pcbs.
I run nearly everything I own through my HAS at 5.0 and they all run fine from CPS2 boards to older Toaplan stuff. Here's a dumb question, have you checked your power supply/wiring? Might help to investigate that/try a different one.

Agreed . My question though is how much is too much for a cps2 board or is it all over the place like I have read in the past?

Back