What's new
yes, exactly what I was saying. if your boards aren't running on the standard specs, there is definitely something failing in either your set-up or on the boards themselves. I would check EVERYTHING. Check the PSU without load, then with load. Check the voltages on your PCB's that are not running on a proper 5v. Look at the PCB's for bad caps, cold solder joints, loose connectors, etc. Even trace the power wires connected through the JAMMA harness and see if they're not degraded or damaged.

At this point you gotta be diligent and go everything with a "fine-tooth comb". The fact you need to run the boards higher than 5v, which you haven't even told us how high you're running them on, to get them to work is very bad. There are a lot of various components on those boards that should not be taking in more than a 4% variance on the power rails. You are putting them in danger by pumping more juice into them, which will greatly reduce their lifespan. AND there are a handful of custom IC's that once they're gone, you cannot find a replacement unless taking ones off another board.

You really need to measure the voltage on a few spots within the actual game PCB with an accurate multimeter. Start with the jamma pin then measure an IC near the rear of the board and on a top layer PCB if present.

5.1V at the source is perfectly safe and normal given the voltage drop that occurs from wiring and connectors. 5.1V at the source (your power supply) does not mean the game PCB is seeing 5.1, it will drop down by the time it reaches the components of the game PCB.

Awsome! Thank you Frank_fjs. I'll do these steps when I get the chance. I got home went in my garage, looked at my cabinets pushed up against the walls, realized how hot it is in Cali right now, and said I'll check the voltages later and went back in the house. I'll just concentrate on setting up the HAS for now in my house with the AC keeping me cool.

I just got my order confirmation email yesterday and you have no idea how excited I am to finally play my CPS2 games =O =O =O
Congrats! Curious, when did you put your get on the waitlist or put your order in? I'm not even on a pre-order list so I think I'm months/years behind everyone else.
Around June I think...? I remember at the time that batch was expected to ship around October. Anyway you're probably fine since RGB is working on a webstore to start soon - no more old pre-order system.
Do we know which month preorders are shipping for? I placed my order mid July with the Google Docs form and have yet to get an order update email. Wasn't sure what the status was with things currently.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
I’d love to buy one of these when they become available. I’ve heard great things!

I’d love to buy one of these when they become available. I’ve heard great things!
Be prepared to wake up with white hair the day you can order one lol
I don't know where you're coming from with this. You realize I only work on this stuff in my free time? Have you paid money upfront to post such things? It's not the first time.

I don't know where you're coming from with this. You realize I only work on this stuff in my free time? Have you paid money upfront to post such things? It's not the first time.
He’s the same guy on shmups.com that told me to die from Covid 19 and mocked what we are going through here in NYC because he was reminded not to price police the sales forum. He’s “that” guy.

Still alive bro congrats.. @RGB i doubt you will release new batch this year, i am waiting over a year now beginning this year you posted you will release soon, then excused twice for delay for example because of your operations etc.
@St4rwalker This is not how we talk to each other here. Consider this a warning.

@brizzo @Mitsurugi-w

I had no problem obtaining my HAS Supergun, he is a super friendly person and above all professional with his products, I received mine last week and I am very happy with the purchase, I assure you that the product is worth every penny and is worth the wait. Here in my country there is a phrase that says so. In the way of asking is giving. Which means that if we do not know how to ask or do not do it in a respectful way, we will never get things and I think it is a lack of respect that they are doing to my friend @RGB

Agree with @Frikade, and all my interactions with @RGB have been crazy responsive and his work is amazing. Got my HAS setup last week and worth the wait and $. I have no clue how he and others on this forum develop such quality products, and support the community so well just on the side.

I think 99.99999% of us understand the amazing talent and guy RGB is. We all have our own experiences with him and he's helped all of us immensely (along with the rest of the leaders of his community here). The guy in question above has negated any chance of his OWN positive experiences here and on other forums because he's chosen to put himself above everyone and is only thinking about what he wants. Hopefully eventually, some maturity kicks in and he can undo his own self inflicted damages. It's a solid community here, you do yourself a disservice when you act like an asshole because the very people who are ALWAYS willing and wanting to help will eventually turn away from you. I hope @St4rwalker figures it out.

Last edited:
@RGB so I saw this component switcher the other day. He warns against superguns but then only references terribly built ones. What about the HAS? is it safe for such a switcher? (assuming you have the component hat or an rgb2component adapter) What about switchers in general? Are there brands or models versions to avoid for use with the HAS?
http://www.gretrostuff.com/store/gcompsw/

@RGB so I saw this component switcher the other day. He warns against superguns but then only references terribly built ones. What about the HAS? is it safe for such a switcher? (assuming you have the component hat or an rgb2component adapter) What about switchers in general? Are there brands or versions to avoid for use with the HAS?
http://www.gretrostuff.com/store/gcompsw/
It is not a direct answer to your question about the gcompsw. But I use the gscartsw with my HAS without issue.

@FakeNoose Not sure about the gscartsw/gcompsw, but to be extra safe you can lower the audio volume on the HAS (if it's the older HAS version with green PCB; newer HAS versions don't have the audio potentiometer) and keep it low at the PCB game. Use your TV's audio volume control.

Last edited:
Back