What's new
yes it's for HAS, because on other supergun sometime you have NG stick run but NGCD pad dont.

yes it's for HAS, because on other supergun sometime you have NG stick run but NGCD pad dont.
I do not understand this post. The Neo Geo sticks and CD pad have the same connection, the DB15.

HAS uses DB15 and also has kick harness (additional purchase) for 6 button games.

EDIT: See Frank's answer below. HAS Is good for the NGCD pad!

Last edited:
It's because the Neo CD pad requires 5V to operate and not all superguns supply power over the controller connectors.

HAS is fine though.
Wow, good to know! Now I understand his question! That's why this forums is so great. Thanks for the answer Frank!

Does anyone know if the Kaico edition ossc 1.6 works well with the HAS?

Does anyone know if the Kaico edition ossc 1.6 works well with the HAS?
The OSSC works perfectly fine with HAS, its your monitor that might not work with the video modes output by arcade PCBs scaled by OSSC.
Older LCDs only accept 60.0Hz, but few arcade boards output this perfect scan rate.

MK for example 54.88Hz...
wcqFYRq.jpg

Freesync gaming LCDs are flexible, and will work with everything but they come with some very high price tags.
Here is that same MK running directly on my 27" BenQ freesync gaming LCD...
y75k3na.jpg

My livingroom TV, the mighty 55" LG OLED B6 will NOT work directly/with anything lower than 58.0Hz.
So to bridge compatibility on these strict Hz screens you'll need to add a iScan DVDO VP30/50/50pro.
kcQn0ZK.jpg

oyPhKQ6.jpg

DVDO's are getting hard to find today, the VP line haven't been manufactured since the mid 90s (about 25 years ago now).
You ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT use the modern DVDO Edge or Duo (they add epic amounts of lag, north of 2 frames/higher than Framemeister).

Shameless potential sales thread plug: I'm selling my VP30 (IF everything go's according to plan) sometime next week. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys so much for the information! I'll definitely be ordering one of these particular ossc brands.

The only issue I've had is with my crt component setup where the rgb2comp causes the image from MVS to be shifted to the left. Cps2 outputs just fine without any issues. Im curious if the DFO mod to correct the signal to proper ntsc spec would fix that.

As for the ossc, I don't have any issues on my lcd with either system.

I don't have the equipment to test composite or svideo unfortunately and I haven't tried the rgb2comp on lcd either. I've only used HDMI with lcd.

Last edited:
MVS, CPS1/2/3, these all work on virtually ANY LCD+OSSC because they are so damn close to 60.0Hz.
Try to play Capcom/Mitchel, M72, Bubble Bobble, Captain America, anything from fucking Midway... Nope (not without a very accepting freesync LCD).

I've had good luck with M72 and Captain America, but on M72 the bottom is really cut off, I've had to move the image up a lot to see the power/health bars etc.

Agree with Midway though, fuck the way they did their output, even on CRT I have to adjust it between games.

Can't wait for the OSSC Pro to pair with the awesome HAS for perfect modern output.

MVS, CPS1/2/3, these all work on virtually ANY LCD+OSSC because they are so damn close to 60.0Hz.
Try to play Capcom/Mitchel, M72, Bubble Bobble, Captain America, anything from fucking Midway... Nope (not without a very accepting freesync LCD).
Is it only freesync LCDs that are easy to match refresh rates on or would a gsync monitor work equally as well?

I hope OSSC Pro can play nice with capture cards, stupid Elgato and Avermedia.

Back