What's new
would you be willing to sell them to me? I know you like to reserve items for people who bought the super guns directly from you. But you had none lol.

Also if you do make another run of these. I'd like two please.

Thanks!

I have seen that there are some db15 to scart cables on eBay, those are another standard then!

@RGB when do you think you can get around to a new batch? Not rushing or pushing you or anything. I just have my AW staring at me as it doesn't get used. lol

I still want to fully join the coin op club. :D

I'm eyeing a Naomi and a Taito Type X on some Japanese auctions, would the HAS be usable with those too?

usable yes, but not enough.

Naomi and Type X are JVS, so you would need a JVS to JAMMA adapter if you really want to use the HAS.

Ah, that's good to know, well, I hope I can win either or both auctions cheaply first.

Until then, I should only focus on my Atomiswave.

HAS is a perfect mach for the AW.

A better option for JVS is (IMHO ) to get a Sega I/O and either use a S-JHIP or wire directly the controls in JVS.

Ah interesting, I would like to get a MVS in the future and even Capcom Power Systems, so the HAS is not strictly for my AW.

I'm interested in using my Saturn HSS-0130 on any Supergun setup, so if I am able to get a Naomi and or the Type X, that is definitely still the primary goal.

Edit: I just won the auction for a Naomi Mobo with Marvel vs Capcom 2. :)

Last edited:
Hey RGB, interested in your HAS unit plus a couple of accessories. Are you taking any pre-order payments? Cheers.

Hey, thank you for interest. I'm not taking any pre-orders, I'll just update this thread once I have the units for sale.

Hi RGB,

Finally got a chance to install the HAS I got from from you, soldered my own cable, just 1:1 like the XRGB-mini cable. Picture looks(ed) great but after playing with the brightness POT (coincidence?) I started to see the top picture lines jerking, like a VHS tracking issue :D

Anyway what I wanted to ask is should I be adding the inline resistors and caps for optimum signal coupling?

megamstr.png

I did incorporate the +5V line for input switching.

What is your setup? a standard PAL TV set? If so, you don't need any resistors or caps on the Scart end. Any chance you could post a picture of your screen?

Never mind.. I probably jumped the gun, I tried again today, switched the SCART cable to another port, perfect picture, switched back to the original SCART port, still good.
Yes, it's a standard PAL B&O MX400X. I'll snap photo in case it reoccurs.

It was my B&O MX4002 television settings. Made some adjustments in service mode.

Service Mode Adjustment Settings

Hfq - Horizontal frequency, Vertical hold. Adjust to avoid picture rolling.
Hph - Horizontal phase, Horizontal position. Higher values move image to the right.
Ham - Horizontal amplitude, Lower values increase horizontal size
Vam - Vertical amplitude, Higher values increase vertical size.
Vsc - Vertical s-correction, expands centre and compresses top and bottom
Vsh - Vertical shift, Higher values move the image towards bottom of screen.
Vli - Vertical linearity, compresses top, expands bottom. lower numbers squash the upper half height of the screen
EWc - East/West corner, shifts the top and bottom horizontally to expand corners. Higher numbers flare the top and bottom L/R corners outwards, lower numbers form a bulge in the middle of L/R sides
EWp - East/West parabola. To make vertical lines at sides of screen parallel with sides of screen
EWt - East/West tilt, trapezoid correction. Tilt the picture. Higher numbers tilt the picture clockwise.

RGB, I've sent you a pm without realizing you've run out
I'll keep an eye on this thread

I happen to need one of these soon, so I will wait when they are available again.

Soon? Maybe?

Hey, thanks for interest. There will be a delay. The units should be ready in the beginning of December (I know that's late :( ), but I'd rather not ship during Chrismas season because the shipping may take unnecessary long. I will announce release of the new batch here and over at the shmupsforum, as usual.

Thanks for the update RGB, I hope you can meet demand... This design is so freaking awesome, I think every arcade/SG fan is going to want one. :thumbsup:

Back