What's new
You could pre tin those pads for better coverage. Kinda looks like you didn't quite use enough solder paste.

I do.have the ability to build these though. ;)

Home Arcade System V3

30889159963_c91a5d74ab_z.jpg

New features:

• Sync separator - Horizontal and Vertical Sync outputs available.
  • Sync "regenerator" - allows to change the internal timing of the sync separator via a multi turn potentiometer, this basically means it's possible to precisely set the vertical sync width and horizontal pulses. Usage - fixing the upper part of the screen in Taito F3 connected to XRGB Mini; to some extent, this feature will allow to shift the displayed piture left/right on a CRT TV.
  • Jumper selectable Sync: regenerated/buffered/unprocessed.
  • Jumper selectable 75 ohm/TTL Sync output.
  • RGB video driver - 75 ohm signal output; The brightness regulation is more precise now and it should be right for most PCB games out-of-the-box - the potentiometers are used mostly to fine tune the brightness (they have a limited adjustment range); It's safe - you can get the right Vpp for games with both weak and strong RGB signals (it shouldn't output anything above 1.5Vpp even if the game's signal is *extreme case* 5Vpp).
  • In addition to the VSync synchronised auto-fire, there's also asynchronous auto-fire mode. It is automatically triggered on boot up, if the VSync is not present or is unusable (after, say, adjusting the sync separator internal timing).
  • The design allows to use piggy-back modules. It's possible to stack multiple modules.
  • Hirose JAMMA connector.

Modules:
  • 3P4P adapter PCB - allows to connect Player 3 and Player 4. The pinout of the 34 pin connector matches the IGS PGM pinout - this means you can join HAS with the PGM using a standard FDD cable. I will offer custom made CPS2 3/4 and Konami 3/4 Player harnesses.
30889159603_a784687643.jpg
31326698820_a4501c20aa.jpg

• RGB to Composite Video/S-Video adapter. Based on the popular Sony CXA2075 IC.
31326698420_7aeac7869b.jpg
30889159723_734867f978.jpg

And the combo :D

31326698060_612fabc15a_z.jpg

and more pics..

30889160353_f2047ffe65_z.jpg

30889160183_961e066ee6_z.jpg

31326699360_b00c3621ab_z.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive work, so this is what you've been up to! It's very Sega inspired with all of the cool add-ons :D

Will you offer a euro SCART cable as well. That is my biggest problem to be honest.

the output is rgb, so you can just use a minidin to scart cable (it's what I do)

Great. Just when I thought nothing could be better than my HAS v2, RGB comes up with v3. Well, ,guess I'll have to live with it, LOL.

OMG 8o , Ok, I need like 2-3 of these V3 HAS, with all the thingies added on.

Schweet! Don't necessarily need it but it looks soo sexy I can hardly resist :D

Looks great.. Maybe offer a Scart to OSSC cable would be great.. I kind of do miss the v1 power supply brick.. Maybe bringing something like that back on v4 With the JVS input support:)

Thank you for kind words :)

Will you offer a euro SCART cable as well. That is my biggest problem to be honest.
I'll have a few 8pin mini DIN -> Scart adapters available. Mind you, with these, you'll still need your standard Scart cable.

(..) I kind of do miss the v1 power supply brick.. Maybe bringing something like that back on v4 With the JVS input support:)
Unfortunately this isn't happening anymore. The only reason I was able to offer a set of HAS+PSU when I released the V1, was the fact I bought NOS PSUs from a closing shop in Germany for a fair price. It's difficult to buy a similar PSU now, unless you can pay extra - http://www2.mouser.com/ProductDetai...bJHbMxIv85teMrSZOep7LDMhEosKK8lkOigNTRooqRA== (imo not worth it when you compare the specs with a standard arcade PSU).

RGB, with every post I'm getting more excited!
I love the 3 layer design and optional components so users can customize based on needs.

Yes unfortunately OSSC is wired Euro SCART (boo should be 8pin minidin) so that's what I would like as well.
Add a CPS2 style kicks adapter and PSU harness... I should be good?

Do you have tentative pricing for HAS, option boards, cables, etc yet?

Back