What's new
Most times a buzzing on a switch is caused by the voltage line from the cable.
This or simple cable shielding is most often the cause.
I put a ferrite bead on my NES SCART cable (near the console end) to help with interference/noise as well.

All HAS V3 units are sold now, many thanks to everyone who bought one!

For those who missed out on this batch - there will be another one in a few months.

30793230560_9383f113e0_m.jpg

B9541773-69CF-435A-AA20-68550F07EDBF.jpg
Finally have everything setup, the quality from composite video is really just like playing sfc on Tv, but my budget is so tight so framemeister is not an option yet.
And I need a Jamma extension harness too, because with 4 Saturn adapter and other add-on, the weight of it is too much for the Jamma connected that hanging in the air.
Still waiting another sega Saturn virtua stick pro to come, so I can try some 4p games.

Attachments

• 41A34067-F222-4E93-8671-7BA285153FF3.jpg
    41A34067-F222-4E93-8671-7BA285153FF3.jpg
    879.8 KB · Views: 276
but my budget is so tight so framemeister is not an option yet.
You should have a look at the OSSC offered from videogameperfection.com, its less money than a Framemeister and the 1.6 revision going on sale soon supports digital audio over HDMI.

With the addition of digital audio, now the only "feature" offered by the Framemeister excluded from the OSSC is sync alteration.
You can get this feature externally with a DVDO iScan VP30/50/50pro if the display (LCD TV/monitor) requires it (some will only work with 60hz sync).

It's important to note that sync alteration as offered by the Framemeister comes in at the heavy price of 16ms lag.
A OSSC + DVDO is said to be at around 2~4ms lag, a pretty dramatic contrast game play wise.

Thx for the suggestion, will have a look of it.
And where can I get a nicely made Jamma harness?
And I choose that power supply because of Smokemonster :D

Digital aufio is the addon by borti or something totally new?

I bought one of these and was using composite and S-Video but now I want to use RGB with my PVM. I replaced J3 and switched the sync back to normal but it won't sync on my PVM with any pcbs. Do I need to completely remove the composite pcb to use RGB?

I bought one of these and was using composite and S-Video but now I want to use RGB with my PVM. I replaced J3 and switched the sync back to normal but it won't sync on my PVM with any pcbs. Do I need to completely remove the composite pcb to use RGB?
Hey Mitsu, please try without the J3 jumper and with the composite/s-vid module - or - with the J3 jumper and without the composite/s-vid module. Could you also tell me how do you connect HAS to the PVM?

A stupid question, What Jamma harness should I buy? I find some mention 28 pin and some 56 pin, what's best for the HAS? Thx

Jamma connector is always 28x2, personally I only buy fully populated harnesses with thick and double power wires.

You don't really need a fully populated harness, but the partly populated harnesses are sometimes a lottery (missing video ground for example). So you will be on the safe side if everything is wired where it should.

Last edited:
Jamma connector is always 28x2, personally I only buy fully populated harnesses with thick and double power wires.

You don't really need a fully populated harness, but the partly populated harnesses are sometimes a lottery (missing video ground for example). So you will be on the safe side if everything is wired where it should.
Got it :thumbsup:

Hey Mitsu, please try without the J3 jumper and with the composite/s-vid module - or - with the J3 jumper and without the composite/s-vid module. Could you also tell me how do you connect HAS to the PVM?
Removing J3 did in fact fix the issue and now it is working great with my PVM. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: RGB
Any update on another run of your Superguns? I could use one now that I'm getting back into CPS2 stuff again.

Back