What's new
Correct, this is the very first version (~January 2015). There were only 10 units made.

absolutely love that laptop power adapeter. May I ask why you are not sticking with that design on newer version?

Those adapters don't provide enough amps on the 5v line in my experience.

Randomly resetting PCBs isn't cool. :/

I use the 130watt Suzo-Happ PowerPro, it looks almost exactly the same as above... But holy crap that price (18$) is a deal!

That's a smoking deal. Cheaper than most of the Chinese PSU clones :D

I tried basically the best of the best laptop style PSUs (AULT SC200: 5V/4A, 12V/1A) and it struggled with about 40% of my PCBs. It was OK for a one-slot MV-1C Neo Geo and simple PCBs like TMNT, but that was about it. It also created bad video noise. As much as I would have loved for a brick PSU to work, they just don't have enough juice once you get further into the hobby. Plus they all seem to lack -5V completely.

Last edited:
I need to answer to a few people who asked me what is the button layout of HAS, will the 'punches' be swapped with 'kicks' in the SF games and similar questions.

Guys - the main advantage of HAS is its button layout remapping functionality. It doesn't matter how your joypads or adapters you connect to HAS are mapped, because the supergun lets you change the button layout to whatever you want! You just enter the remapping mode, change the layout, exit it - done :)

Yup totally PnP to a xRGB mini, same pinout just grab a shielded 8-pin mini din cable.
If you want to use a OSSC you'll need a 8-pin mini din to Euro SCART cable.
I'm assuming we'd need a cable like this then to do HAS → OSSC?
https://retro-access.com/collection...-cable-pro-coaxial-multicore-for-switch-boxes
I recently purchased the cable shown above from Retro Access, however I cannot get any image, the OSSC just shows No Sync. Has anyone else had any luck using this cable with the latest version of the HAS? Did I buy the wrong cable or a setting on the HAS? I also purchased the self solder adapter that RGB suggested after ordering the Retro Access cable. This option did work (with CPS2/STV) even though I did a crappy solder job.

@Stac2000, looks like you're the next person who got the wrong variant of the cable :( The other HAS owner had a problem with the following cable - http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0
Troubleshooting the issue caused me a major headache, I even shipped a second HAS unit for testing - no luck. Then, he spoke to the seller of the cable and it turned out it was the wrong variant they had sent over. They sent one that was going in the wrong direction. The buyer returned the cable and got the correct one in the end.

Ok, thanks. I will contact Retro Access, it seems like they have a good return policy.

I never even got a chance to setup my HAS supergun v.2.

Is there a link to get the manual/instructions for this model?

Also is there any reason to upgrade from the v2 to the newest version?

Thanks

I recently purchased the cable shown above from Retro Access, however I cannot get any image, the OSSC just shows No Sync. Has anyone else had any luck using this cable with the latest version of the HAS? Did I buy the wrong cable or a setting on the HAS? I also purchased the self solder adapter that RGB suggested after ordering the Retro Access cable. This option did work (with CPS2/STV) even though I did a crappy solder job.
Before sending it back there is one thing you can try, move the HAS SYNC level jumper from 75 ohm to TTL level and see if you get sync with the OSSC.

Some of these SCART cables add a resistor of 460 ohm (ish) to attenuate the sync level and if you use that with 75 ohm setting the level will be too low.

It's worth checking that, but I think it's just that the cable is wired for "Scart output", so that it can connect the Scart switch directly with the XRGB mini. Basically the opposite of what's needed for HAS.

I tried again removing the sync jumper for TTL but still no change.
Thanks to all for your help on this.

The site seems to suggest they are made to order. I was hoping to order some eventually.
Mike still has the extensions available; ordered on the 9th and shipped out on the 11th. Should be here some time this Friday or earlier.

Back