What's new
But would you consider offering parts as a DIY kit? I'd be happy building my own, guess I could sacrifice my existing HAS if I wanted to, but maybe you could consider offering just parts, so you don't spent time on building them yourself. Just an idea.
A DIY version of HAS PCB is out of question, I get tons of different questions and barely have time to support people with their setup problems, cabling etc. as it is.
Some kind of kit where you just need your own case, power supply and JAMMA harness makes more sense, but again guys - it's too early to promise anything, we only started to talk about it yesterday, please give it some time, I want to have something tangible first.

But would you consider offering parts as a DIY kit? I'd be happy building my own, guess I could sacrifice my existing HAS if I wanted to, but maybe you could consider offering just parts, so you don't spent time on building them yourself. Just an idea.
A DIY version of HAS PCB is out of question, I get tons of different questions and barely have time to support people with their setup problems, cabling etc. as it is.Some kind of kit where you just need your own case, power supply and JAMMA harness makes more sense, but again guys - it's too early to promise anything, we only started to talk about it yesterday, please give it some time, I want to have something tangible first.
That's a shame, I'd hoped people with issues would end up here, and we as a community would help them out with support. But I totally understand your position. Maybe in the future you could have official installer/builders, a sort of quality program, service center if you will, like game-tech.us is for Marshall's Ultra HDMI

Anyways, whatever it is or will be, looking forward to anything you are cooking. ^^

Well I’ll be damned...had no idea that existed lol. I guess that settles the enclosure to be DB15 only then :P
This is what I was trying to figure out. If using the UD-USB would have the DB15 ports left free but looking at the pics of the HAS it looks as if there are only two DB15 ports and if using the USB these are taken up so no more DB15 ports available, also stops one from using the Saturn adaptor. If these can somehow be easily wired/soldered/plugged to the HAS with some sort of disconnect then all the ports can be incorporated into the Supergun front panel allowing for all usage scenarios. Dont know if this would be possible at all and being able to auto select each one or choose 3P4P @RGB ?

Which brings me to my next question: Can one use the 3P4P adaptor to house the UD-USB whilst also having the regular DB15 plugs there and having the inputs be selectable?

A DIY version of HAS PCB is out of question, I get tons of different questions and barely have time to support people with their setup problems, cabling etc. as it is.Some kind of kit where you just need your own case, power supply and JAMMA harness makes more sense, but again guys - it's too early to promise anything, we only started to talk about it yesterday, please give it some time, I want to have something tangible first.
Do you mean build the HAS PCB or build the supergun enclosure? I think it sounds like he means the kit to build the Supergun enclosure and not the PCB itself.

Do you mean build the HAS PCB or build the supergun enclosure? I think it sounds like he means the kit to build the Supergun enclosure and not the PCB itself.
Either is fine for me, but HAS PCB is out of the question which I understand, although the OSSC is also available as a kit.. ;) but a boxed supergun kit would be cool too!

If anything, I know with my old man’s help that I can help out with the drawing. Maybe a limited production in the US too, but for sure the drawing. Funds are limited on my end as I’m a broke ass college student with a Southern California mortgage :p

Have you ever thought of producing a barebone version of the HAS?

without DB15, video or audio or whatever ports.. only screw terminals (also for the voltmeter and the rgb controls)

That way it would be easier for everybody to integrate this barebone HAS in customs cases (I'm thinking of U1 19" cases for myself, for example)

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but is there a waitlist going for the next run of HAS? And if so, how do I get on it :^)

Have you ever thought of producing a barebone version of the HAS?

without DB15, video or audio or whatever ports.. only screw terminals (also for the voltmeter and the rgb controls)

That way it would be easier for everybody to integrate this barebone HAS in customs cases (I'm thinking of U1 19" cases for myself, for example)
I had tons of visions, but it' difficult to please everyone. I can't afford to design and order multiple versions of HAS (and how many of each?), find time to assemble them, find room to store them + shipping boxes, and see if they sell or not. The quantities produced are also too small to outsource the production to China, so there you go.

The current version is the most streamlined design in terms of assembly and performance, it just works.

Like I said, please give me some more time to think it through, I have some rough idea how I want to approach it, I just need to find time to sit down and design the PCB.

@GuileWinQuote - I'll put you on the waiting list, no worries.

About the "full" HAS supergun solution - sorry guys, not happening soon, too much stuff on my plate at the moment. We can come back to this in a few months. One thing is certain, though - it would be extremely limited in quantity, 3-4 units tops, just to see how it goes for me, but I know it's not something I seek to do in larger quantities.
really love the supergun full setup there
Can you please let me know where do you buy the plastic enclosure box?

can I get in on the waitlist for the regular HAS too?

Reactions: RGB
I am also in ! I spend time to find the right supergun and here it is :)

Reactions: RGB
Hey @RGB, do you know the reason for some rows of pixels shifting to the right at the top of an image when running some PCB's? I'm running a V2.1 HAS to a PVM 20L5. I'm wondering if the sync regeneration feature in HAS V3.1 might solve that? I can take a picture if you aren't sure what I mean.

Definitely sounds like a sync issue. Perhaps too weak a sync signal. I've noticed the same thing with some PVMs, they seem to be a lot more picky with sync signals than consumer CRTs.

@udongein - What's the game? Might be due to odd refresh rate. I had the same issue with New Zero Team on some TVs.

Just a couple off the top of my head: Detana TwinBee and Raiden (first one). Seems like CPS2 image doesn't have this issue. I can check some of my other PCBs as well if you want.

I have a Detana Twinbee PCB, sold Raiden a while ago. I can test it if you want, I have the 3.1 HAS.

I have a Detana Twinbee PCB, sold Raiden a while ago. I can test it if you want, I have the 3.1 HAS.
That would help, thanks! Do you have an older HAS to compare it to? Also, what TV do you use?

Edit: I guess you can flip the sync type switch on the HAS and it should be the same as the old ones.

Back