What's new
I'm sure you could just buy one on ebay cheaper.

Managed to get the images and the last gerber file from the post.

Adapter Images

Hope it can help people out. With this adapter I'll be able to burn any 42 eprom on my TL866 right?

Attachments

• 27C160_Adapter.zip
    39.6 KB · Views: 266
8bit to 16bit adapters are very common but im usinga true usb GQ-4x with a the 42 pin 16bit adpater

pfft top3000. back with your inferior programmer ..... lol. who cares as long as this shit works in the end

I nee to re-write a KOF98 v EPROM and the only thing it says is 242-v1. What kind of EPROM shall I use?

You need to look at the file itself, if using eproms it’ll be either an 800 or 160, if it’s a 32mbit file, you’ll have to either use an adapter board or split it on two 160 eproms since 27C322 eproms only run in 16 bit mode and the Neo’s audio runs at 8bit mode.

Hello, I have a Kof2000 without sound and corrupted graphics.
Can I use a 27c040 intead of a 27c020 to replace the m1?
I would mirror the rom file.

I haven't tried it butI can't see why that wouldn't work. Have you confirmed it's a mask ROM issue?

I haven't tried it butI can't see why that wouldn't work. Have you confirmed it's a mask ROM issue?
Well, the upper board is fine, I tested in another working Kof 2000.

I can't read the m1 in my programmer, using the 27020 chip to read it just returns FF's.

I read in another forum someone with a similar problem and it was solved replacing the m1, maybe it's worth a try.

If the NEO-CM would be the problem or one of the graphics roms them I will just leave it be.

Can I use a 27c040 intead of a 27c020 to replace the m1?
yes, you'd just want to double the ROM file before programming.

however, I'd suspect that the issue is either a cold solder joint, bad projection chip, or a bad C-ROM before the M-ROM is bad.

if you do desolder the M-ROM dump it and verify that's good before replacing it.

Back