What's new

squallrs

Student
Reaction score
Hi all,

I received a CPS3 and i make a superbios cartridge (thanks Darksoft) without problems.
20170509_142029.jpg

But have some trouble...

1st time i try to launch a game, after 45 min loading, it's make an ERROR 22
After 3 more try, now it freeze at 80%
I try with all street 3, same result...

20170510_213328.jpg

So i decide to test the memory, with writing mode, all SIMM are "NG" and the last one freeze completly the system.

20170510_223821.jpg

My question is, is it normal than all memory say "NG" in grey in 1 sec of the test ? Or the motherboard have a problem ?
For the SIMM6, i will try to change it after your answer.

Thanks ;)

Attachments

• 20170509_143316.jpg
    20170509_143316.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
@Mitsurugi-w would know if 'NG' is normal. He has tested hundreds of SIMM's.Clean the edges of those SIMM's very well with some good electronics grade isopropol alcohol before you spend money replacing any SIMM's.

I already clean my SIMM6 acblunden2 ;)

Some news...

I call 2 friends and they test too.

The first one, exactly the same, all test in NG and 1 freeze the systeme

Capture.png

The other, all test in NG no freeze.

516185642.jpg

Very strange....
So i think the NG is normal.

Is it possible, than it's the CD Drive who freeze the systeme at 80% ?

Last edited:
Could be. I'd be more inclined to blame the cartridge though. Did you clean the contacts on the cartridge really super well? Could be a dirty cart slot too.

Error 22 would mean your 2nd simm is at fault. 2nd number in an error dictate simm slot. Mitsu will have to confirm, you would assume NG would mean "no good"

I had a faulty SIMM in my system and I couldn't even get the system to boot, it would just complain of not enough memory - could be a faulty flash IC on one of the SIMMS though I guess

That error can be from a dirty cart, dirty slot, or even a bad flash on the simm. It's very strange for all simms to test bad though. That would be insanely unlucky.

Thanks all for your answer, I will try to clean the lens with alcohol.
Someone know where i can found a listing for all error code for CPS3 ?

If one of the chips has some kind of shortcut could be trying to access the buses when it shouldnt. Try doing the tests removing one simm at a time....

If one of the chips has some kind of shortcut could be trying to access the buses when it shouldnt. Try doing the tests removing one simm at a time....
This is what I did when mine was freezing on boot and complaining of not enough memory. Turned out one of my 64mb SIMMS had gone bad.

The only issue the OP may have is that to find the bad SIMM (assuming there is one) you really need spare SIMMS to substitute.

It's obviously not a problem for the 128mb since there's more than required to boot the test in a Third Strike setup - but to test for a bad 64mb it makes it hard without a spare to swap in since from memory CPS3 across the board requires 2x64mb for the main program data

It is worth mentioning though that in my setup I didn't get an "NG" in the test menu, the SIMM slot with the bad module showed as blank and the rest came up as good

I'm just trying to work out when your friends did the test, was that them testing your cartridge on their systems and the same thing happened? Or they tested your SIMMS in their systems? If your cart causes the same problem across multiple systems then that's a problem with the cart whether the BIOS ROM isn't soldered 100% or there's something else wrong

No, my friends are at 1000 km than me.
This is their hardware, Motherboard / SIMM / and cartridge.
3 setup different with the same result, but they can play without any problemes.

----------------------Me-------------------------------------------------------Julien---------------------------------------------------Sebastien--------------------------

index.php
index.php
index.php

So NG it's normal...

If my test tonight won't works, i will send my cartridge and my SIMM to one of my friend for test on his setup.

Last edited:
Ok so i try to clean the drive, clean all simm, swap simm, celan cartridge... same result freeze at 80% and 8min32sec
I bought the SCSI2SD, and i send my simm and cartridge to my friend.
We will see

Damn, your NAOMI Universal is absolutely immaculate from the look of that photo, nice cab!

Blast looks to be in great shape too

Back