What's new

Daffyduck

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all. Glad to be here. I have a cps3 that despite my best efforts does not want to get up and running. I have a 2i security cart with the battery removed and all the ram on the board. When it boots I get the CDROM 1p message in Japanese. I have tried many different CD images and three different drives. I finally ordered an scsi2sd board and am trying to boot from it. The latest is with the board plugged in I see it light and access briefly but get nothing on the screen. With the board unplugged it goes back to the CDROM 1p message. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Did you configure your scsi2sd properly? Make sure it is set up for CD-Rom and 700mb.

Thanks Mitsurugi. I checked the settings and saved to it again. Same results. If it is unplugged CDROM 1p message. If it is plugged in it lights briefly and no screen.
It is set for: Enable SCSI target, checked; SCSI ID 1; CDROM; Enable Parity, checked; SD start sector 0; Sector Size 358400; Device size 700mb; Board is revision 4.2 with 4.4 firmware loaded.

If my image was not on the SD card properly would I still get a message of some type or could that be my problem? I booted ubuntu to a thumbdrive and went under the disk management tab and restored the iso image to the sdcard. It is an iso that I received a few years back from you or darksoft I think. It was the 2 cd set to revive the 2i security cart and make it third strike. Like I said I have never been able to get this to work you have attempted to help a few times over the years with this board.

1. It's time to upgrade to the SuperBIOS!! lol

2. The image may bot be writing to the card properly. I know DD works in Linux. I use Winhex in windows and use the clonedisk option to write the iso back. It's telling you the disk is not present so that is my guess,

Back