What's new

yavuzg

Professional
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've bought a CPS2 multi kit from someone I know from KLOV which will be on my bench pretty soon. I'm super excited about it :)

However I cannot decide which CPS2 to convert to a multi :/ I would like to hear your opinions about it...

Now, I have these CPS2s in my collection;

1) X-Men vs Street Fighter - Japan - Rev 4 PCB - F-PAL - Phoenixed
2) X-Men: COTA - Japan - Rev 4 PCB - F-PAL - On Battery
3) Marvel vs Capcom - Japan - Rev 7 PCB - G-PAL - On Battery
4) Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter - Asia - Rev 6 PCB - G-PAL - On Battery
5) Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire - Asia - Rev 7 PCB - G-PAL - On Battery
6) Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - Asia - Rev ? - ? - On battery
7) Street Fighter Zero 2 - Japan - Rev 7 PCB - D-PAL - Phoenixed
8-) Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mistara - Japan - Rev 7 PCB - F-PAL - On Battery

Man I didn't realized that I have that much CPS2s which were still on batteries!

I won't kill a non suicided CPS2 so my options are;

a) X-Men vs Stf (very clean PCB without any repairs. It was already dead when I bought it)
b) Street Fighter Zero 2 (repaired many track damages due to leaked battery and phoenixed it couple of years ago)

What do you think?

Check and see which PAL3 chip revision and board revision your two Phoenixed B boards are using. The Multi install is easiest with a board revision later than Revision 3 with a G PAL. The earlier revision boards and F PAL both require extra wires to be soldered.

Check the install instructions if you don't get what I mean:
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=14

I installed mine in a dead X-Men vs SF and it was extremely easy. That said, putting it in your repaired SFZ2 would be an excellent use of it.

Check and see which PAL3 chip revision and board revision your two Phoenixed B boards are using. The Multi install is easiest with a board revision later than Revision 3 with a G PAL. The earlier revision boards and F PAL both require extra wires to be soldered.

Check the install instructions if you don't get what I mean:
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=14
Thanks for the installation instructions...

I think I'll take the SFZ2 pcb as my host for the multi since its PCB revision is 7.

The repaired one for sure.
That's what I thought also since the extensive repairs lowers its collectible value. however, in that case I need a G PAL. can I use the BGSB3FG dump file from jammarcade.net?

I used a dead Xmen VS SF to install mine. Not that I had any option, it's the only CPS2 I could get, but it was easy to install and I managed to get a PAL G from a very corroded board. It works beautifully.

Back