Initial D Stage 6 AA Card Reader

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • I think you may be right in saying that all Jp cards will work with all Jp versions, that seems to be the consensus anyway. I overpaid a bit for the ID4 cards, but hopefully they should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll post an update here once I have them in my hands.

      Yeah, I like how the earlier versions of cards print your chara and the rest of the game data.
      The ID8 cards have a nice design otherwise.
    • I've now had a chance to test an ID4 card with ID7 and I'm happy to report that they work fine.
      I've not tested them with ID8, but may test one of the ID4 cards on ID8 when I've got ID8 setup again. I'm currently rinsing ID7 before moving onto ID8. :D
      Images
      • ID4_card _On_ID7.jpg

        327.18 kB, 1,095×821, viewed 83 times
    • I finally managed to get a proper ID card reader from a US seller. It prints on cards when playing ID8. :D
      As Soyandroid said previously, the printhead is different on both printers.

      So the only problem I have now is that I can't seem to find a way to reprint the writing on the ID8 cards that were issued on the other reader that doesn't print on ID8. On ID7 it reprints every time I change cars, but that doesn't work with ID8, it only has the name and rank printed.
      Since we can't play online to change the rank from E3, does anyone know another way that would get the printer to reprint the writing?

      Thanks.
    • Ah, Ok. Thanks for the answer.
      I was hoping there was at least a way to force a card error and then use the restore function to print on another card.
      Do these cards react to heat, kinda like thermal print paper? Maybe heating up something pointed to write on the card ghetto style can work?

      It's no biggie though, I guess I'll have to write on the ones with no print then! :whistling:
    • Just to clarify, blank cards from ID4 through ID7 should work in ID8, correct? (I’m fine with it not printing properly.)

      The fact that it doesn’t actually check what stage it is until after the card has been initialized makes me wonder if they aren’t just generic off-the-shelf RFID cards under the hood. With legit cards becoming harder to source (especially in small quantities), it might be possible to use generic white off-the-shelf cards, similar to how you can spoof amiibo. Anyone have any experience with this?
    • Please be aware that IC cards are region locked,
      So, ID4 Export cards wont work on Japanese cabs and Japanese IC cards won't work on ID4 Export version.

      As far as I'm aware all Japanese IC cards from ID4 through to ID8 are compatible with each other.
      So far I've tried ID4 and ID8 cards and they both work on ID7AAX and ID8, and other guys have tested different cards on different games.
    • YaketyYakumo wrote:

      The fact that it doesn’t actually check what stage it is until after the card has been initialized makes me wonder if they aren’t just generic off-the-shelf RFID cards under the hood. With legit cards becoming harder to source (especially in small quantities), it might be possible to use generic white off-the-shelf cards, similar to how you can spoof amiibo. Anyone have any experience with this?
      I don't think you'll have much luck with generic cards. These cards come with some header data pre-written on them and the game reads the header to tell if it's an acceptable card prior to subsequent reading/writing.

      I have worked on a Python script to emulate the card reader (it works), but I'm not sure how unique the protocol is to these cards vs generic RFID cards. Perhaps if the protocol is generic and you had a means of writing an acceptable header to the generic cards, then you might have something that works.

      I analyzed header data from several cards and discovered how to generate acceptable cards with my script. I'll eventually release the script, but was wanting to do more testing on ID8 and haven't gotten to do that yet.

      The thing is, when I am working with a virtual card that's just a data file on my computer, I can change anything I want on it, including bytes that might otherwise be restricted. I couldn't, for example, figure out how to rewrite a used physical card to make it read as new. Some counter bytes seemed to be locked from writing on the physical cards. I'm not sure what challenges you'd run into trying to convert generic cards.
    • winteriscoming wrote:

      YaketyYakumo wrote:

      The fact that it doesn’t actually check what stage it is until after the card has been initialized makes me wonder if they aren’t just generic off-the-shelf RFID cards under the hood. With legit cards becoming harder to source (especially in small quantities), it might be possible to use generic white off-the-shelf cards, similar to how you can spoof amiibo. Anyone have any experience with this?
      I don't think you'll have much luck with generic cards. These cards come with some header data pre-written on them and the game reads the header to tell if it's an acceptable card prior to subsequent reading/writing.
      I have worked on a Python script to emulate the card reader (it works), but I'm not sure how unique the protocol is to these cards vs generic RFID cards. Perhaps if the protocol is generic and you had a means of writing an acceptable header to the generic cards, then you might have something that works.

      I analyzed header data from several cards and discovered how to generate acceptable cards with my script. I'll eventually release the script, but was wanting to do more testing on ID8 and haven't gotten to do that yet.

      The thing is, when I am working with a virtual card that's just a data file on my computer, I can change anything I want on it, including bytes that might otherwise be restricted. I couldn't, for example, figure out how to rewrite a used physical card to make it read as new. Some counter bytes seemed to be locked from writing on the physical cards. I'm not sure what challenges you'd run into trying to convert generic cards.
      Do Initial D 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 all use the same card system? Would one script basically cover them all? I am guessing the only hardware that would be needed would be a Serial cable and Serial to USB in order to get this working on Lindbergh and Ringedge.
    • Yeah, it's the same for 4-8. Export ID4 just has to have specific header data on the card file when compared to the JP versions of all the others, but otherwise protocols are identical and the script seems to be able to handle them all. It just needs a serial cable (null modem variety) and either a native serial port on your computer or a USB serial adapter (which is what I use).
    • winteriscoming wrote:

      Yeah, it's the same for 4-8. Export ID4 just has to have specific header data on the card file when compared to the JP versions of all the others, but otherwise protocols are identical and the script seems to be able to handle them all. It just needs a serial cable (null modem variety) and either a native serial port on your computer or a USB serial adapter (which is what I use).
      Ok, so the Serial to USB I use for Naomi should do the trick.

      I look forward to testing this out when you do eventually release it.
    • Hi,
      I'm wondering which type the data card is?
      I bought a IC card reader(Which support MiFare) online, but cant read the Initial D 8 card.
      My intention is to read the data in the card and modify it. So when I play on the game center, I can play with the modified data.
      I already know how to modify the data from the card file which is exported by the TeknoParrot Emulator.
      So the thing I dont know left is how to read the data from actual card. I found this but no valuable information.
      Does anyone know how to read it without the card reader from the arcade machine? Because I cant afford it.
      Thanks.