What's new

juanmiglesias

Student
Reaction score
HI guys, I have two street fighter EX boards (US), physically they seem good, but once plugged in no video at all, trying to find some info or repair tips on ZN-1 hardware with no luck ?( ... just that sony chips are badly solder and really thin... but any other suggestions? any ZN-1 experts around? :D
Thanks!

swap the top boards. if that doesn't get one of them going you need to find another working "CAPCOM" ZN board to narrow the problem to either top or bottom board.
the motherboard is specific for Capcom games so you can't use just any ZN motherboard.
other than general info about loose chips, checking for working oscillators and reset signal it's impossible to say any more.
if you are good with surface mount components you could swap the RAM on the motherboard and/or the custom chips, and/or pull the BIOS and read it comparing to what is in MAME.
but the main board might actually be ok. your problem might be on the top. read the ROMs and compare to MAME would be a good starting poiint.

Thanks, I can start with the roms, I did swap the top boards and nothing.. so I'm following your advice... I read that too, but is the zn-1 mother board for street fighter ex compatible with ex plus for example? or it is just street fighter ex with street fighter ex?

Wow thanks for the tip!, I'll try to get a working kit to test it

Back