What's new
If you have the namco 2x6 jamma IO it powers the board via a small cable.
One of those small cables I don't have and can't seem to find ;(

It's good to know it will be pretty simple once I find one though!

I can't believe what those IOs are going for with cables. I used to practically give them away. No regrets.

I'm sure someone can crimp you a cable if you can't find them.

Right, who wants to volunteer to make me 3 sets of cables? Who wants money?

I just need the ribbon cables and the power.

The ribbon cables should be easy enough to source from eBay / Aliexpress. I'll look them up if I remember to.

Sweet, I can source them from somewhere :)

Ok the cables are coming... one day. Now onto the power cables, does anyone have any info on them? Or want to build me some?

Project Update:

Everything seems to be working so far. I've got my 256 running and I have been mucking around with the USB Dongle :D

Two things left to sort out:
  1. I can't seem to find the power adapter that goes from the Capcom IO to the System 2x6. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. I need some kick harnesses for the namco jamma interface boards that use a JST connector, preferably a simple conversion from CPS2. Again, any help would be appreciated.

I wired a spare capcom IO cable to a 256 connector. Works fine to power the 256.

Which ones? I find the 256 JVS power connectors easily just not the jamma IO ones.

1. I can't seem to find the power adapter that goes from the Capcom IO to the System 2x6. Any help would be appreciated.
Personally I'd stay away from using the Cap I/O power and wire the 2x6 directly to the cab's power or even just run a separate PSU. I've had issues with 2x6 and Naomi's not getting enough power from it. As for a cable, I think you'd need the JVS Namco power adaptor, then get a male-male JVS power cord.

Personally I'd stay away from using the Cap I/O power and wire the 2x6 directly to the cab's power or even just run a separate PSU. I've had issues with 2x6 and Naomi's not getting enough power from it. As for a cable, I think you'd need the JVS Namco power adaptor, then get a male-male JVS power cord.
Thanks, I can find the cable you linked a picture of, but not the male/male JVS one :(

Does anyone make an ATX to Sys2x6? Can I combo with ATX to Naomi and one of those cables you linked? I can't quite tell if it's male or female.

Which ones? I find the 256 JVS power connectors easily just not the jamma IO ones.
I'd like to power from Capcom IO. So Capcom IO -> System 2x6
I know. I have done this with the way I said above. Need pictures?
Links where to get is what I need. Although what @majors wrote gives me pause.

Back