What's new

XianXi

Professional
Reaction score
This is a project that I've been working on for 2 years now and we have finally got it to a version where I'm happy with all that it does.
The JNX Phase uses the already known 1+2=3 button method found in Samurai Shodown. Using that logic, the JNX Phase let's you play your favorite 6 button fighters in your dedicated 4 button Neo Geo cabinet without drilling 2 more holes in your CP.

The layout goes:
A = P1
B = P2
A+B = P3
C = K1
D = K2
C+D = K3

But since now we are using a microcontroller we can have these extra abilities:
A+B+C = 3x Punch
B+C+D = 3 x Kick

There is also a switch that flips between Fight Mode (4=6) or Neo mode where it's the normal 1:1 with each button.

Audio
-------
There is are jumpers to flip between mono (single slot mono cabs) or stereo (MVS stereo cabs). Please make sure you set this jumper to the correct setting according to your cab. Since single slot cabs are JAMMA, the JAMMA setting makes the audio from the JAMMA board complete passthrough. On the MVS setting, the JAMMA audio will go through the audio circuit to match impedance for the stereo setup in a dedicated multislot cabinet. Having the Phase set to "JAMMA" in a multislot cab can damage the audio amp on the JAMMA board.

Expansion
-----------
The edge connector works directly with a Blue Elf/Pandora's Box. There is an 8 pin JST header on the adapter to connect it's outputs to a kick harness input on your fighting board of choice so you can use this fighting system on whatever you want. For example, for CPS2, I can provide an 8P to CPS2 kick harness to plug directly into the A board etc.

Negatron
----------
It also has negatron support, for those boards that may require it. When set to Neo, you can use this adapter as a normal JAMMA to MVS adapter.
Since I've spent so much time developing this product I've exhausted a lot of funds with the R&D so I need to run it as a preorder. I currently have 20 microcontrollers already programmed with the logic.

As always, thank you for your continued support. Thank you to those that support this project.

Big thanks to those who helped in making this project possible, Bustedstr8 and @RGB

Attachments

• jnx-phase.jpg
    jnx-phase.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:
Just an update.

Those that pre-ordered will have their orders begin shipping out this week. You will be getting paypal shipping notifications to your registered paypal email.

Thanks,
James

Going to be doing another run of these. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

• jnx-phase-fierce.jpg
    jnx-phase-fierce.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 476
  • jnx-phase-roundhouse.jpg
    jnx-phase-roundhouse.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 449
  • jnx-phase-3punch.jpg
    jnx-phase-3punch.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 399
  • jnx-phase-3kick.jpg
    jnx-phase-3kick.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 424
I'd actually love the opposite of this board, meaning turn a 6 button layout into a Neo Geo friendly one, where pressing P3 would send A+B, and you could just using a standard Street Fighter layout with all the 'virtual' 6 button Neo Geo games.

I have a dedicated 4 button Neo Geo cab, but I don't find the stock layout on a Neo Candy 29 panel all that comfortable.

I'd actually love the opposite of this board, meaning turn a 6 button layout into a Neo Geo friendly one, where pressing P3 would send A+B, and you could just using a standard Street Fighter layout with all the 'virtual' 6 button Neo Geo games.

I have a dedicated 4 button Neo Geo cab, but I don't find the stock layout on a Neo Candy 29 panel all that comfortable.
You can do that with just diodes. I have a tutorial on my site.

You can do that with just diodes. I have a tutorial on my site.
Hmm, I looked and could find it. Here? http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/tutorials.html
I thought about that, but didn't have a great solution for making it easily reversible without having to mess with the wiring if I wanted to put it back to stock jamma.
If you want, I can modify an Atlas Adapter with the diodes so when you don’t need them, you just remove the Atlas. Shoot me a PM if that’s cool.

Gonna be doing another batch of these. If interested, shoot me a PM.

I would like to pre order.

Is there a way you can do A+B and B+C instead? I would be using this on an Aero City CP which is already hacking p1 for button D.

D is just a little out of reach for a C+D combo

Here's a pic of what I mean. I use the upper overlay buttons for 1p 2p instead.

Last edited:
This item is still available? Could I order it?
Thanks

In the meantime, do you Jamma to multislot MVS. So I could run my Pandora’s Box in my 2 slot even without the extra 2 buttons?

A = Punch1
B = Punch2
A+B = Punch3
C = Kick1
D = Kick2
C+D = Kick3

That's much better than what I was coming up with my own design. I was going with having all of the kick buttons be combination presses... makes MUCH more sense to have the "heavy" punch and kick be combined. Looking forward to getting a couple of these.

Going to be doing another run of these. I was finally able to program the microcontrollers myself.

Keep in mind that since it's for Pre-order, I can only accept Venmo, Zelle or CashApp. Paypal has been just greedy bastards and unprofessional and shutdown two of my accounts for no good reason. I'm trying to figure out a workaround other than ebay(since they don't allow pre-orders).

Once I get things figured out for the Pre-order, I'll post all the info here.

Stay tuned.

Back