What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
Ok, I well on track with getting all parts needed to run TTX3 in my New Net City, last piece of the puzzle should be the Taito/Sega conversion PCB and harness to connect my controls to the Taito I/O.
Maybe some other small wiring would be necessary later, but that's just details I think.

I checked with Taito and they have the Taito/Sega PCB and harness in stock (1 pcs left), but that stuff doesn't come cheap...
So before I commit to the (over-expensive) purchase I want to be sure;
Does TTX3 run in 480p as well??? Or is this game dependent?

you might be lucky with USF4 as it can go to 480p while on a TTX2. as for any other game then no as most are res locked as they are designed for a dedicated cab.

Considering how many arcades had SF4 in regular CRT cabs, I think there would have been a riot if Ultra was 720p only.

Considering how many arcades had SF4 in regular CRT cabs, I think there would have been a riot if Ultra was 720p only.
Well, Ultra was sold With new kits for viewlix only at 1st, it could be possible that the ttx3 one is 720p only and then all the SD cabs got full support when it moved to nesica

its not so much weather the game can do it the USF4 on the TTX3 is identical to the nescia one which does 480p. it weather the TTX3s dips actually change it.

Does the TTX3 have any actual dips? Or just soft dips/settings?

Good point about the Nesica release, hadn't thought about that.

Does anyone have a USF4 manual for TTX3?
What is described there for the dip settings?

bumping this thread up as well, finally gotten to it to install the Fast IO stuff back in my cab and connect my recently acquired USF4 TTX3 unit.
But just 'no signal' on the CRT (Sega New Net City) when using DVI -> VGA adapter.
Tried flipping dip #2 but it doesn't do much (found somewhere this should control the resolution?)

Connected the unit to my PC monitor via Displayport and I got video.
So has anyone got a USF4 TTX3 manual to check what is described about the dibs?
Will dip #2 (or another dip) switch resolution?

Dips should be as follows:

1ONAlways
2OFFLow Res
ONHigh Res
3OFFNesica Mode
ONUSF4 Exclusive Mode
4OFFAlways

USF4 should be able to run in 480p mode I would think.

I have them set now as
ON - OFF - OFF - OFF

Will try again tonight...
Also I think I might need to set dip #3 to ON to run offline? or what does it mean?

Try with dip 3 set to ON.

Also, make sure Fast IO and RFID are plugged in, remember card reader goes plugged into JVS port.

Does it boot up into the game in high res on a regular monitor?

But yeah, Dip 2 is the one that controls the resolution.

On the X3, low res might be 720p, but I think you can force it into 480p maybe with a registry edit.

The reason I sold my (converted) P&D unit and got a legitimate USF4 unit was that I could skip the registry stuff and just flip the dips if needed :P

So will report back tonight once I flip #3 as well, on my PC monitor it boots through the post screen and get's stuck at a 'checking network' screen, so let's see if it goes beyond this with dip #3

This should mean something like;
In process of checking network.
This process can take several minutes.
Going into test mode.

IMG_2383.jpg

Flipped switch 3, still connected my a HD screen stuck at the same message.
Can access test mode though, but it is all a bunch of Japanese...
Only English I can read all over the place is NESICA...

Last edited:
the nesica exclusive mode dip is for the nxl2 drives.

As for sd mode ot may not work. The game itself does work in sd but it may not be able to be set on a x3. Or it may only affect in game as that first menu you are seeing is a stripped down nesica client

Corey is correct, above is from a NLx2 kit, I took a pic of manual, thought it was the same as my other X3 USF4 kit, but its not.

IMG_9286 (1).JPG

so here is what I have for dip settings on USF4 manual X3,

2018-02-07_18-45-10.jpg

So cant clearly translate what it says, but looks like it says is Dip 2 off for 31khz monitors?

Thanks @corey and @Derick2k!

Tried with dip 3 but didn't make a difference, so I have dip 1, 3 and 4 in their fixed position now (ON, OFF, OFF) for older/Nesica1 units.
Only variable should be dip #2 then where OFF should be 31k and ON should be WXGA (let's say 720p for convenience :) ).
For Nesica2 units it should be then dip #2 OFF = 720p and ON = 1080p

When I flipped dip 2 to OFF (31k) I do notice the post screens are different, they are smaller and windowed, but they still look HD, also my CRT still doesn't display these.
I did notice the same behavior with my (converted) P&D unit, this was registry edited to run 31k, but still all bios and post screen didn't display on my CRT, after letting the game sit and boot it would start displaying the actual game itself.
Based on this I guess that could be called normal behavior for a TTX3 unit?

Last edited:
Before I can confirm the above I need to get the unit to boot into the game, it keeps hanging/waiting at the network check message, so it might be looking for Nesica servers?

I can access test mode though, see the attached screens;

This is the main menu
IMG_2389.jpg

1st option
IMG_2390.jpg

2nd option
IMG_2391.jpg

3rd option
IMG_2392.jpg

4th option
IMG_2393.jpg

5th option
IMG_2394.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth X2 dip switches are offset by 1 on the X3 so what would be 3 on X2 would be 2 on X3. However I don't think that applies however to games made for the X3. For example running X2 jvs on X3 in hd mode requires dip 1 ON.

Back