What's new
First thing I would try would be to take the system246 from the not working side to the working side (make pictures before starting just in case later you dont remember what cable goes where).

Then you'll know if the system246 still works and if that's the case, then you can check the other elements like PSU.

My 2 cents.

I'll give that a shot when I get back tomorrow. I hadn't even thought of moving the hardware around.

Player 2 side is a 246 rev C. system i believe? Should work just like the normal one on player 1. all the hookups are there..so next step is testing/swapping cdrom...just like twisted said.

I swapped the mobo from the working side to the non-working side, and nothing happened. I'm not sure if the jumper settings need to be changed or if that would even matter because the owners manual doesn't mention them at all, but it didn't make a difference. The monitor didn't come on or anything.

didnt you say you replaced that psu? on the side that wasn't working? If so, check the voltages on it again...cause if you got nothing out of a working board...well, its got to be the psu.

Ok. So I got into it again right now. I retested the power on both sides main PSU and everything was good. +5 and +12 right on the button.

I switched all of the hardware from the working side to the non working side, and nothing happened. It didn't kick on, nothing. No light on the monitor, nada. Moving the gear from the non working side to the working side also didn't have any effect. The monitor on the side that was working popped on and was wavy, but on the other side there was no sound, nothing.

on the non-working side, can you hear the monitor turn on? do you get "neck glow" at the back of the tube like this:
ESCRTS_011.jpg

check fuses before you start getting too depressed. though usually a blown fuse is indicative of a chassis problem.

usually there are fuses on both the Cab and the chassis itself. worst case, you send the chassis out for repair.

the lack of sound makes me think that maybe the amp isn't getting power either, as the game should still "play blind". These boards use an external AMP and usually those external amps are powered directly from AC power and not from the PSU... so it's worth checking out the wiring of the power coming into the cab.

Back