What's new
Hello, I'V received my ud-usb d-sub decoder, Its working fine with xbox360/ps3 controller on my supergun but its not recognized on my pc. pressing the switch on the buttom do nothing(the decoder dose'nt turn on when plug to pc)
I have tried 2 different usb male to male cables, and no luck.
Is there something that im missing / doing worng?

I did follow the manual. Also tried on diffrent computers still no led turns on by conneting it to pc and press the button...

1.) Connect to PC via USB cable
2.) Hold down button
3.) Apply power via DB15 connector (with button still held down)

You did in that order?
-ud

yes, i did that. I will try again later today and update. Thanks

Basically you need to hook up your UD-USB to a SUPERGUN DB15 port (HAS SuperGun for example) ---> this way your UD-USB will get the power from the supergun. Then just go ahead and proceed with the rest of the steps (hook up to PC using USB cable, upgrade firmware, etc..)

Wait, are you trying to update the firmware using a PC, or use the encoder ON a PC as a DB-15 device in the joystick port....

Wait, are you trying to update the firmware using a PC, or use the encoder ON a PC as a DB-15 device in the joystick port...
I think he just wants to upgrade firmware for his UD-USB (using a PC ofcourse).
Perhaps his computer does not have VGA DB-15 port to hook the UD-USB in (to get it powered up) therefore he failed to see any LED lights or anything at all.

I suggest that he could just hook UD-USB to a SuperGUN DB-15 Port (turn on SuperGUN), then just hook up USB cable to his PC to do firmware upgrade

I am trying to update the firmware using my pc while the decoder is connected to my supergun.

I am trying to update the firmware using my pc while the decoder is connected to my supergun.
You should be able to do it while you are have UD-USB hooked up to your supergun (supergun has to be powered on as well)
Just try again. I hope you get it right this time

@undamned , Dunno if this has be proposed yet, but given the several different DB15 pin mappings for several off the shelf SuperGun solutions, w/ GND/5v being the same pins. Is it possible to either 1) manually edit the firmware to change the pin mappings to support (e.g: SmallCab, Windy's) mappings out of the box. Or 2) You publishing a separate firmware release for each set of 'pin mappings' we know about (akin to the OSSC having separate firmware for their 1.5-audio board addon version)

That way it's just a matter of updating the UD-DB15 decoder firmware & plug/play vs having to remap each time. You also save us on $15 remapping boards for those of us without HASes :(

Hi @undamned

I've got my UD-USB plugged into one of @Frank_fjs Sentinel Superguns and the status is green (solid, not flashing) but no buttons or directional inputs are recognized.

I assume since I only got it a few weeks ago it's running the latest firmware, my stick is running a Brook Universal Fighting Board with the latest firmware applied as well.

I haven't forced it into a particular mode (you can force PS4/PS3/XBOne/X360/Xbox/Switch) as I figured the decoder would handle that

Is anyone else running a Brook who would know?

Ok so I found the answer, I need to force a mode (hold down a button while connecting) and it works fine :)

Back