What's new
Not sure if this known or has been discovered but today I tested a Cronusmax Adapter with the Decoder and it works flawlessly!

This means any controller that Cronusmax supports will work.

First thing I tried was a 360 Controller with Wireless Adapter and it worked great!

If used with a USB Bluetooth Adapter you can use PS3, PS4, Wii and WiiU Controllers wirelessly.
The Cronusmax supports Keyboard and Mouse so yes it definitely will work.

Awesome, thanks for the info! :D

Hey @undamned

Does your Decoder officially support Bluetooth?
Negative.
-ud

Negative.
In testing the Cronusmax I used an 8bitdo Retro Receiver to connect devices via Bluetooth. I accidentally plugged the Retro Receiver into the Decoder without the Cronusmax plugged in and it worked perfectly with a Dualshock 4.

This means in theory it should work with all of 8bitdo's line of Controllers, PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU, Switch Pro and many more!

I accidentally plugged the Retro Receiver into the Decoder without the Cronusmax plugged in and it worked perfectly with a Dualshock 4.
This means in theory it should work with all of 8bitdo's line of Controllers, PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU, Switch Pro and many more!
That 8bitdo Retro Receiver must present itself as an HID game controller, even though it uses Bluetooth to communicate wirelessly. Very cool!
-ud

Hey @undamned, just got the decoder today and I'm using on self made supergun with a HORI TAITO Vlx premium for PS3 and I have some little problems:
1. Always when plug the controller down is pressed and turbo is on, so I have to press Home and everything work ok.
2. I can't remap X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD, R1 won't accept D, but if I press any other buttons, it accept. Same for X, CIRCLE,R2,L2, here, L2 won't accept D.

But anyway, your product is fantastic, really thanks!

Hello @undamned
I just have a quick question which I think I know the answer to but need a second opinion.

I recently picked up this supergun because the pin out exactly matches the one on the Undamned encoder https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...394.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4d4b4c4dVMyDx0

When there is nothing attached to the Jamma, I get green lights for both encoders with sticks attached (for my test, I used one a qanba drone and a DIY with a brook board).

When I attach something to the jamma, either I only get one encoder to read (green light) or both dont read at all or they go into boot mood then turn off (tried with a pandora's box and an atomiswave board)

Im assuming this is because there is no enough power coming off the supergun to power the Jamma board and the encoders?

EDIT
I borrowed a friends Retroelectronik supergun and both power up fine on it. I think it's an issue with the Supergun I have.

Last edited:
Any idea when these are going to be back in stock?
Screw Terminal version back in stock: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home...ndamned-usb-decoder/1491_undamned-usb-decoder

Working on DB15s.
Hey @undamned, just got the decoder today and I'm using on self made supergun with a HORI TAITO Vlx premium for PS3 and I have some little problems:
1. Always when plug the controller down is pressed and turbo is on, so I have to press Home and everything work ok.
2. I can't remap X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD, R1 won't accept D, but if I press any other buttons, it accept. Same for X, CIRCLE,R2,L2, here, L2 won't accept D.

But anyway, your product is fantastic, really thanks!
1. I don't believe the Decoder could activate turbo (should be a feature local to the stick, not controllable elsewhere), so not sure, what's up there. Also not sure about down being stuck.
2. Mapping mode does not end until you press 6 buttons in sequence. So, if you want "X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD," press those in sequence plus 2 more arbitrary buttons.

1. I don't believe the Decoder could activate turbo (should be a feature local to the stick, not controllable elsewhere), so not sure, what's up there. Also not sure about down being stuck.2. Mapping mode does not end until you press 6 buttons in sequence. So, if you want "X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD," press those in sequence plus 2 more arbitrary buttons.
1. It does, i can make a video if you want.
2. It won't setting R1 for D, but the next, arbitraryly, that i press to D, that's the problem. But like i said, i can live with that.

1. I don't believe the Decoder could activate turbo (should be a feature local to the stick, not controllable elsewhere), so not sure, what's up there. Also not sure about down being stuck.2. Mapping mode does not end until you press 6 buttons in sequence. So, if you want "X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD," press those in sequence plus 2 more arbitrary buttons.
1. It does, i can make a video if you want.
2. It won't setting R1 for D, but the next, arbitraryly, that i press to D, that's the problem. But like i said, i can live with that.
1. I believe you that turbo is being activated, there's just no technical reason that comes to mind how/why.
2. Hmm, maybe I can find one local to play with and see what's up.
-ud

Hi guys, I have a quick (and probably dumb) question I wanted to ask.
Would I be fine running the decoders slightly above 5.0v but still below 5.1v? - say 5.05 for example?
Or would you advise against doing so

Cheers :)

No such thing as a stupid question :)

The decoder is going to run on whatever voltage is going to the connected device - if you turn your voltage up to 5.1v because you have a board that insists on that to boot, that's what the encoder is going to get.

Most of mine run at 5.05-5.07v on a Supergun as per the voltage indicator off a standard ATX power supply. I have no option for manual adjustment and I assume a lot of people are in the same boat :)

To answer your question: whatever you run your board at safely will be fine for the encoder. Unless you're running at an insane voltage because you have an underrated power supply - in which case, replace your power supply.

That's actually a great question, and I never thought about it, but like xodaraP, I'm powering my UD-USB terminal model directly off of my HAPP psu. I adjust the voltage once powering a board, and keep it between 5.0v - 5.1v at the supergun, which presumably is the same that the UD-USB will receive. I can double check with a voltmeter at the UD-USB, but bottom line, up to 5.1v reading out on the supergun, and the UD-USB runs fine.

hello @undamned, would it be possible to make mayflash adapters compatible with the UD-USB? I think it would be great because it would make almost anything work on it (saturn, md, snes...)

Is the led extension cable something tricky to make on ones own? Ive got two boards in my supergun connect to usb extension would be nice to add leds.

Hello, do you plan on restocking the non screw terminal adapter?
Definitely. This is weighing heavy on my mind almost daily, lol. I'll post up when another big batch is available.
Is the led extension cable something tricky to make on ones own? Ive got two boards in my supergun connect to usb extension would be nice to add leds.
Center pin is GND (cathode) and outer pins are Red or Green (anodes). Super common type of LED and you can use whatever wire you like :)
-ud

Is there somewhere else to buy these besides Paradise Arcade? They want $58 USD to ship one to Canada via FedEx.... (cheapest option)

Is there somewhere else to buy these besides Paradise Arcade? They want $58 USD to ship one to Canada via FedEx.... (cheapest option)
I bought mine directly from @undamned -- messaged him and waited patiently... postage was a mere fraction of what Paradise was asking to Australia which was seriously 8|

Back