What's new
Quick question for @undamned
It looks like 1 of my UD-USB is not working anymore :(
I have solid RED / GREEN light indicator as soon as I plug it to my supergun.

Maybe I plugged it wrongly and sent bad voltage at some point :(

Do you think I can do something to save it ?

I've tried to re-flash it, but as soon as I plug it to my computer (even without power it up through my supergun), I can see the solid RED/GREEN led indicator.

Do I have to tie ground to ground on the connector or is ground from the decoder to ground on the HAS fine?

EDIT: Also, J3 on board has 5v and 3v swapped compared to the PDF diagram. Is that a manufacturing error?

jQ8KCMQs.jpg

Last edited:
You don’t need to do anything with the GND terminal on the DB15 thing. Just run pin 1 to GND on the UD decoder

I did mine the same way before I got the normal undamned decoders

Attachments

• 1489A2A4-CD0B-40F7-A5C6-D57D49545634.jpeg
    1489A2A4-CD0B-40F7-A5C6-D57D49545634.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 245
You don’t need to do anything with the GND terminal on the DB15 thing. Just run pin 1 to GND on the UD decoder

I did mine the same way before I got the normal undamned decoders
Just tested it out and it worked with zero hitches. :^)

I've tried to re-flash it, but as soon as I plug it to my computer (even without power it up through my supergun), I can see the solid RED/GREEN led indicator.
UP

Just wanted to say Thank You to Undamned :)
Using it with a Hori Fighting Edge PS4 right now and it's awesome ! (just got worried until I found the L1+L2 trick at boot on the latest firmware)

Hey @undamned I recently updated the firmware to 1.4d beta and a tourney we had problems getting the Qanba Obsidian to work we tried the switch in all modes of PS4/PS3/PC didn't work just a slow blinking green led. I was wondering if I'm missing something to get them to work?

Usually, both LEDs on at the same time is supposed to indicate a power problem (like if you plugged it into PC without putting into bootloader mode and PC is trying to power it), but if yours has nothing plugged into the USB port and it's doing that, it sounds like the processor has a problem. If you can send it to me I will look at it and figure out what's wrong. Shoot me a DM and I'll get you my shipping address.

Hey @undamned I recently updated the firmware to 1.4d beta and a tourney we had problems getting the Qanba Obsidian to work we tried the switch in all modes of PS4/PS3/PC didn't work just a slow blinking green led. I was wondering if I'm missing something to get them to work?
I only have access to one Obsidian and it works. Sadly, I don't know how many versions of Obsidian Qanba put out and it's possible that they do behave differently somehow. What is the model number on the bottom of your Obsidian?
-ud

I only have access to one Obsidian and it works. Sadly, I don't know how many versions of Obsidian Qanba put out and it's possible that they do behave differently somehow. What is the model number on the bottom of your Obsidian?-ud
model number is : Q3-PS4-01

I also spoke to others who have setup the decoders to use on snes and was told that it needed more power by hooking up a battery bank to the decoder, so I'm going to try that next time I get the chance.

I only have access to one Obsidian and it works. Sadly, I don't know how many versions of Obsidian Qanba put out and it's possible that they do behave differently somehow. What is the model number on the bottom of your Obsidian?-ud
model number is : Q3-PS4-01
I also spoke to others who have setup the decoders to use on snes and was told that it needed more power by hooking up a battery bank to the decoder, so I'm going to try that next time I get the chance.
Wait, what? Snes?

Obsidian's have been really inconsistent on my end too. A few of them if you just leave plugged in for 20 seconds they'll randomly decide to connect. You can also try doing the button binding.

I'm sorry for the misplacement of your box Brian.
Do you have any predictions of when you will have more decoders for sale?

If anyone interested, Paradise Arcade Shop has Undamned USB Decoder Plus in stock.

Do you know if it will stock in any European shop in the near future?

Question: Has anyone gotten an official Xbox One controller to work? I have both a Project Scorpio controller and a regular Microsoft Xbox One controller, both my UD DB15 adapters light up green when I plug them in, and they vibrate, but the controllers are unresponsive both with the Xbox guide button light on or off. Tested multiple USB cables and both my UD adapters, on every firmware from 1.4A to 1.4D and none of them seem to work. I tried holding multiple buttons for button remapping mode, but that doesn't seem to help, either.
Tested with my PS4 controllers and they're fine on the same cables.
Any ideas?

Finally, these things are great, I'm going to need 2 more at some point, so thanks for your hard work, undamned!

Just tried with an Xbox one controller for the first time, and no luck. White stock controller that came with an Xbox one s (with disc drive).

Ps3, 4, 360 all work fine for me though

Thanks for the test, I'm guessing Xbox One controllers aren't fully implemented at this time.

Back