What's new
oh interesting news, so is it completely safe to use them with the MAK? Or it's just a bit less risky?

Yeah, but the latest boards actually can be used with MAK strike. The previous revision of decoders didn't have voltage spike suppression on +5V like they do now.
-ud
Thanks.
When you say previous revision, does it concern both UD-USB-DEC and UD-USB-DB15-DEC ?

oh interesting news, so is it completely safe to use them with the MAK? Or it's just a bit less risky?
It's safe.
Yeah, but the latest boards actually can be used with MAK strike. The previous revision of decoders didn't have voltage spike suppression on +5V like they do now.
-ud
Thanks.When you say previous revision, does it concern both UD-USB-DEC and UD-USB-DB15-DEC ?
Yes. The UD-USB-DB15-DEC shipment I sent to Paradise earlier this year had the improved power circuit. I can look up the date at which the change took effect, if that helps.
-ud

You going to do any of the DB15 UD-USB Decoders any time soon? Trying to decide if I should just swoop on one of the terminal block ones.

I have the same question as many have here. Any word when DB15 Decoders will be available and at what supply? Sorry if this is bothersome Undamed. :/

You going to do any of the DB15 UD-USB Decoders any time soon? Trying to decide if I should just swoop on one of the terminal block ones.
I have the same question as many have here. Any word when DB15 Decoders will be available and at what supply? Sorry if this is bothersome Undamed. :/
I have all the parts for the DB15 decoders, but I've got my soldering guy busy with more terminal block decoders at the moment, as to keep Paradise Arcade from quickly selling out of the last ones I just sent. It will be later this summer for the DB15s, sorry for the wait, guys :/
-ud

Wow, thanks for your hasty reply :thumbsup: and thanks to you and your partners for provided a service that no one else is currently providing.

I wish there was a way for supply to keep up with demand. My terminal block version just bit the dust ( my fault ) after over a year of use and now Paradise Arcade is sold out again :(

Hey Brian,

Just to confirm, the ones that PAS has, are they the ones that have the anti-spike components for the VCC line? I remember reading that somewhere unless that's a different version.

Hey Brian,

Just to confirm, the ones that PAS has, are they the ones that have the anti-spike components for the VCC line? I remember reading that somewhere unless that's a different version.
Yes, sir. The last few batches there have had that.
-ud

Hi UD, I recently purchased USB terminal and work great with the PS3 controller. My question is will it work with generic PC usb controllers? I lack one to do the testing and on the product page only specifies it will work only with PS3/360, but PS3 accept most generic controller to my knowledge, so I'm wondering if it will work.

Will the UD-USB support Brooks' UFB default mode in the future? Would be nice to not have to hold a button while trying to connect the cable to force 360/PS3 mode.

Hi UD, I recently purchased USB terminal and work great with the PS3 controller. My question is will it work with generic PC usb controllers? I lack one to do the testing and on the product page only specifies it will work only with PS3/360, but PS3 accept most generic controller to my knowledge, so I'm wondering if it will work.
I haven't focused on generic PC controllers at all, so if one works, it's by chance. I've got a hot list of immediate features to iron out, but on the longer list is support for more generic stuff like those cheapo "Zero delay" boards and others.

Will the UD-USB support Brooks' UFB default mode in the future? Would be nice to not have to hold a button while trying to connect the cable to force 360/PS3 mode.
1.4a beta firmware should do that for you: http://udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html
-ud

Thanks for the update. I have a old Magic 3-way usb adapter which I tried with a ps2 controller. Did not work. If I get a chance with a standalone, I'll update it here.

I haven't focused on generic PC controllers at all, so if one works, it's by chance. I've got a hot list of immediate features to iron out, but on the longer list is support for more generic stuff like those cheapo "Zero delay" boards and others.
1.4a beta firmware should do that for you: http://udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html-ud
Awesome! Didn't know there was an update. Worked like a charm!

Back