What's new
thanks! PMed!

Apparently the problem was that the bank classified the transaction as suspicious, so they blocked the transaction and my credit card (LOL). I had to call my bank in the middle of the night to unblock it... They were surprised as well that I tried more than 20 times to order it (yes I can be insistent) :))

They activated my credit card and the transaction (useless because it's now it's sold out), but they gave me no guarantee that in the future the transaction is not blocked again. They only "unblock"' transactions on a one to one basis... So I guess that paradise is a no go for me in the future :(

Last edited:
@undamned Thanks again for these adapters, i love em.. ^^

One thing though, I can't for the life of me get my XBOX 360 controller to work. An official standard microsoft wireless XBOX 360 controller with play and charge kit should work, right? Might it be that I am trying with a european version? Or should there be no difference? I'm using the latest firmware. PS3/4 and Brooke Universal Fightingboard are A OK. 8)

Any chance of adding support for the Wii U™ Pro Controller in the near future? :saint:

Hi UD, I recently purchased USB terminal and work great with the PS3 controller. My question is will it work with generic PC usb controllers? I lack one to do the testing and on the product page only specifies it will work only with PS3/360, but PS3 accept most generic controller to my knowledge, so I'm wondering if it will work.
I haven't focused on generic PC controllers at all, so if one works, it's by chance. I've got a hot list of immediate features to iron out, but on the longer list is support for more generic stuff like those cheapo "Zero delay" boards and others.1.4a beta firmware should do that for you: http://udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html-ud
I can confirm that it Does Not Work with generic usb pc controllers. Both the Block terminal and db15 decoder lights up red and does not work with the retrolink saturn "style" controller. Sadness for me :(

DB15 Decoder is up for sale again on Paradise Arcade to anyone that missed it last time.

@undamned I recently picked up two of the DB15 decoders and I seem to be having an issue. If I go to the I/O test menu on the neo and then plug in the decoder ( with or without the neo geo adapter cable ) it shows as 'Button D' being held even when no USB device is connected. I confirmed this with both of the decoders I purchased.

I'm using an Omega CMVS.

I seem to recall that there are 2 pins that are tied to button D, I think it was pin 9 and pin 4 but looking at the decoder guide it seems pin 9 isnt used so maybe thats not the issue?

@undamned I recently picked up two of the DB15 decoders and I seem to be having an issue. If I go to the I/O test menu on the neo and then plug in the decoder ( with or without the neo geo adapter cable ) it shows as 'Button D' being held even when no USB device is connected. I confirmed this with both of the decoders I purchased.

I'm using an Omega CMVS.

I seem to recall that there are 2 pins that are tied to button D, I think it was pin 9 and pin 4 but looking at the decoder guide it seems pin 9 isnt used so maybe thats not the issue?
Which joystick are you using? Only thing I can think of is a driver compatibility issue.
-ud

I'm using an Omega CMVS.

Which joystick are you using? Only thing I can think of is a driver compatibility issue.-ud
I'm using a Hori RAP4 Kai. It does happen even when nothing is connected to the decoder though. Could I have possibly gotten two bad ones?

Not sure if you tried or if this will even work, but with some sticks the Home button had to be pressed before it worked properly.
It was one of Hori RAP, but my other Hori RAP worked just fine after plugging it right in. In my case it was like joystick was held in down position until Home button is pressed.

Not sure if you tried or if this will even work, but with some sticks the Home button had to be pressed before it worked properly.
It was one of Hori RAP, but my other Hori RAP worked just fine after plugging it right in. In my case it was like joystick was held in down position until Home button is pressed.
Well my issue is present even when no joystick is connected and I see the other buttons registering just fine from the test screen when I do connect one. Also, the same joystick works fine on the terminal block version of the decoder. So i think it should be compatible.

Thanks for the info though, I'll keep that in mind.

I've definitely never heard of a problem w/ inputs being active when no joystick plugged into the decoder. And it's interesting that both of your decoders are doing it. As far as compatibility w/ the HRAP4 Kai, I actually own one and know that it works fine. One note, if your decoder firmware has never been updated, you are likely running 1.3 which would require that you keep your HRAP4 switched to PS3 mode. If you upgrade to 1.4a firmware, you can switch your HRAP4 to PS4 mode. For fun I ran the HRAP4 switched to PS4 on a decoder w/ 1.3 firmware and Button 1 (or A for neo) was stuck on solid. But that's not the problem you are describing.
-ud

I'll look at it later, but for starters, here are some various DB15 pinouts:

Code:
Pin    Windy:    UD-USB:    Smallcab:
01.    GND        GND         GND
02.    K2           K3            [NONE]
03.    Select     Select       E
04.    D            D/K1        D
05.    B            B/P2         B
06.    Right      Right        Right
07.    Down      Down        Down
08.    +5v        +5V           +5V
09.    K1          [NONE]     F
10.    K3          K2            Select
11.    Start      Start        Start
12.    C           C/P3        C
13.    A           A/P1        A
14.    Left       Left         Left
15.    Up         Up           Up
-ud
Thanks ud, but you can forget about it, it was an issue with my supergun.Smallcab support team told me to unsolder OPT3 and OPT4 and yes, it's working :)
Your decoder is just perfect with my Q4 RAF (in xbox360 mode only but not in PS3 mode)
Thanks
Hi @undamned,

I've managed to buy your DB15 USB Decoder :thumbsup: , so I would like now plug it on my smallcab supergun.
Based on the differences you pointed out, here is what I did on my supergun:
1) Bridge pin 9 to pin 2 by soldering
2) Cut traces for pin 10 and 3
3) Solder B5 (on the big screw terminal connector) to pin 10
4) Solder Coin 1 (on the big screw terminal connector) to pin 3

Unfortunately, everything is working except the B6 button which stays to 1 in test menu (CPS3).

If I wire your USB Decoder (the non DB 15 version) on the screw terminal of my supergun, everything is working fine, B6 included.

Any idea ?

Last edited:

Code:
-ud
Thanks ud, but you can forget about it, it was an issue with my supergun.Smallcab support team told me to unsolder OPT3 and OPT4 and yes, it's working :) Your decoder is just perfect with my Q4 RAF (in xbox360 mode only but not in PS3 mode)
Thanks
Hi Undamned,
I've managed to buy your DB15 USB Decoder :thumbsup: , so I would like now to plug it on my smallcab supergun.

Unfortunately, everything is working except the B6 button which stays to 1 in test menu (CPS3).

If I wire your USB Decoder (the non DB 15 version) on the screw terminal of my supergun, everything is working fine, B6 included.

Any idea ?
Does B6 stay "1" even when no joystick is connected?

Sounds like exactly what I'm experiencing but with a different button.

Code:
-ud
Thanks ud, but you can forget about it, it was an issue with my supergun.Smallcab support team told me to unsolder OPT3 and OPT4 and yes, it's working :) Your decoder is just perfect with my Q4 RAF (in xbox360 mode only but not in PS3 mode)Thanks
Hi Undamned,I've managed to buy your DB15 USB Decoder :thumbsup: , so I would like now to plug it on my smallcab supergun.

Any idea ?
Does B6 stay "1" even when no joystick is connected?
Sounds like exactly what I'm experiencing but with a different button.
I just did the test.
I plug my PS3 controller to the non DB15 decoder version, start a game then go to test menu: everything is fine.
Then I plug the DB15 decoder (without any joystick plugged into it), and the B6 stays indeed to 1.

interesting, @undamned could there have been a possible bad batch or maybe a few that slipped through QC?

On my side, it may be a problem with my supergun mod :)
I did a continuity test with a multimeter between each pin on db15 side and connector on screw terminal on the other side, and there all "beeping".
I have 4 DB15 UD USB, and they all give me the same result.

EDIT: I can confirm that my DB15 UD USB is not faulty at all. I've plugged it to a terminal block dsub connector, and plugged this terminal block to the big screw terminal of my supergun.... an everything is working fine.
So in my case, the problem is me and my supergun mod ;)
But I don't know what to do, I'm a real noob in electricity stuff and soldering ;(

Last edited:
@Niko asked me if I could test my DA15 this weekend to try to get to the bottom of this.

I tested with my old and with my new adapter

Fired up the X2 Multi, selected Streetfighter, verified that all was good using my NAMCO rebuild stick.

Then reprogrammed the buttons, on my XBOX360 Stick (hold down three buttons and then remap) all buttons registered although I noticed that button 5 and 6 swapped places.

Even downloaded the new firmware 1.4a beta and got the same results.

My setup was: TTX X2, CAPCOM IO, HAS with kick harness.

Back