UD-USB Decoders

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • oneleaf86 wrote:

      Not sure if this known or has been discovered but today I tested a Cronusmax Adapter with the Decoder and it works flawlessly!

      This means any controller that Cronusmax supports will work.

      First thing I tried was a 360 Controller with Wireless Adapter and it worked great!

      If used with a USB Bluetooth Adapter you can use PS3, PS4, Wii and WiiU Controllers wirelessly.

      oneleaf86 wrote:

      The Cronusmax supports Keyboard and Mouse so yes it definitely will work.


      Awesome, thanks for the info! :D

      oneleaf86 wrote:

      Hey @undamned

      Does your Decoder officially support Bluetooth?

      Negative.
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi(s): CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V /// CPS2 Game(s): 42/42
      Cab(s): Namco Exceleena 1 /// Monitor(s): Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter(s): Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
    • undamned wrote:

      Negative.
      In testing the Cronusmax I used an 8bitdo Retro Receiver to connect devices via Bluetooth. I accidentally plugged the Retro Receiver into the Decoder without the Cronusmax plugged in and it worked perfectly with a Dualshock 4.

      This means in theory it should work with all of 8bitdo's line of Controllers, PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU, Switch Pro and many more!
    • oneleaf86 wrote:

      I accidentally plugged the Retro Receiver into the Decoder without the Cronusmax plugged in and it worked perfectly with a Dualshock 4.
      This means in theory it should work with all of 8bitdo's line of Controllers, PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU, Switch Pro and many more!
      That 8bitdo Retro Receiver must present itself as an HID game controller, even though it uses Bluetooth to communicate wirelessly. Very cool!
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi(s): CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V /// CPS2 Game(s): 42/42
      Cab(s): Namco Exceleena 1 /// Monitor(s): Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter(s): Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
    • New

      Hey @undamned, just got the decoder today and I'm using on self made supergun with a HORI TAITO Vlx premium for PS3 and I have some little problems:
      1. Always when plug the controller down is pressed and turbo is on, so I have to press Home and everything work ok.
      2. I can't remap X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD, R1 won't accept D, but if I press any other buttons, it accept. Same for X, CIRCLE,R2,L2, here, L2 won't accept D.

      But anyway, your product is fantastic, really thanks!
    • New

      Hello @undamned
      I just have a quick question which I think I know the answer to but need a second opinion.

      I recently picked up this supergun because the pin out exactly matches the one on the Undamned encoder aliexpress.com/item/Newest-V2-…042311.0.0.4d4b4c4dVMyDx0

      When there is nothing attached to the Jamma, I get green lights for both encoders with sticks attached (for my test, I used one a qanba drone and a DIY with a brook board).

      When I attach something to the jamma, either I only get one encoder to read (green light) or both dont read at all or they go into boot mood then turn off (tried with a pandora's box and an atomiswave board)

      Im assuming this is because there is no enough power coming off the supergun to power the Jamma board and the encoders?

      EDIT
      I borrowed a friends Retroelectronik supergun and both power up fine on it. I think it's an issue with the Supergun I have.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Beatrush ().

    • New

      Plastic wrote:

      Any idea when these are going to be back in stock?
      Screw Terminal version back in stock: paradisearcadeshop.com/home/el…1491_undamned-usb-decoder

      Working on DB15s.

      Raph_friend wrote:

      Hey @undamned, just got the decoder today and I'm using on self made supergun with a HORI TAITO Vlx premium for PS3 and I have some little problems:
      1. Always when plug the controller down is pressed and turbo is on, so I have to press Home and everything work ok.
      2. I can't remap X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD, R1 won't accept D, but if I press any other buttons, it accept. Same for X, CIRCLE,R2,L2, here, L2 won't accept D.

      But anyway, your product is fantastic, really thanks!
      1. I don't believe the Decoder could activate turbo (should be a feature local to the stick, not controllable elsewhere), so not sure, what's up there. Also not sure about down being stuck.
      2. Mapping mode does not end until you press 6 buttons in sequence. So, if you want "X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD," press those in sequence plus 2 more arbitrary buttons.
      Darksoft Multi(s): CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V /// CPS2 Game(s): 42/42
      Cab(s): Namco Exceleena 1 /// Monitor(s): Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter(s): Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
    • New

      undamned wrote:


      1. I don't believe the Decoder could activate turbo (should be a feature local to the stick, not controllable elsewhere), so not sure, what's up there. Also not sure about down being stuck.2. Mapping mode does not end until you press 6 buttons in sequence. So, if you want "X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD," press those in sequence plus 2 more arbitrary buttons.

      1. It does, i can make a video if you want.
      2. It won't setting R1 for D, but the next, arbitraryly, that i press to D, that's the problem. But like i said, i can live with that.
    • New

      Raph_friend wrote:

      undamned wrote:

      1. I don't believe the Decoder could activate turbo (should be a feature local to the stick, not controllable elsewhere), so not sure, what's up there. Also not sure about down being stuck.2. Mapping mode does not end until you press 6 buttons in sequence. So, if you want "X, SQUARE, TRIANGLE, R1 for ABCD," press those in sequence plus 2 more arbitrary buttons.
      1. It does, i can make a video if you want.
      2. It won't setting R1 for D, but the next, arbitraryly, that i press to D, that's the problem. But like i said, i can live with that.
      1. I believe you that turbo is being activated, there's just no technical reason that comes to mind how/why.
      2. Hmm, maybe I can find one local to play with and see what's up.
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi(s): CPS2, CPS3, F3, ST-V /// CPS2 Game(s): 42/42
      Cab(s): Namco Exceleena 1 /// Monitor(s): Amiga 1080, IBM P260, BenQ RL2460
      Scan Converter(s): Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace