What's new
I've found that shipping estimates from Paradise tend to be way over estimated and they will refund a bit based on what the actual shipping costs end up being. I didn't get my encoders through them but I did make a recent order for other items and that's what happened with me. I'm in the US however - not sure if this would happen the same way for international orders.

I've found that shipping estimates from Paradise tend to be way over estimated and they will refund a bit based on what the actual shipping costs end up being. I didn't get my encoders through them but I did make a recent order for other items and that's what happened with me. I'm in the US however - not sure if this would happen the same way for international orders.
Yeah this is the case there with their shipping estimates. I had some MC Cthulhu boards shipped for around the standard USPS fee. Just have to ask them to adjust it to the actual cost. Was quoted the $58 fedex price but was really only around $17 or so.

i`ve put the ud-usb into the pc, but the light didn`t even turned on. What it could be?

It needs to be powered by the DB15 port for updating the firmware, you need to connect it to your Supergun and power it up as well as connect the USB

yes, read the steps here: http://udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html

tried the second ud-usb device and.. no response. To make sure to you what i`m doing:
PC-USB CABLE-UNDAMNED-DB15-SUPERGUN. holding test button and power the supergun on. no light at all.

both of the ud-usb devices are working with ps3 game pad and madcatz xbox360 arcade and the light goes green.
I`m trying to update the firmware to see if another controllers are acceptable.

the pc usb ports are working ok.

Last edited:

tried the second ud-usb device and.. no response. To make sure to you what i`m doing:
PC-USB CABLE-UNDAMNED-DB15-SUPERGUN. holding test button and power the supergun on. no light at all.

both of the ud-usb devices are working with ps3 game pad and madcatz xbox360 arcade and the light goes green.

Are you trying to update while both are connected to the supergun?

If so, try disconnecting one of them and see if it lights up after.

I had this issue and figured out the supergun I was using didnt have enough power to run both at the same time

Try this:

Power OFF
Hold button on Decoder
Power ON Decoder (you can release button after power applied)
Connect USB between Decoder & PC

If that doesn't work, try pressing the button on the Decoders a few times, unpowered. It's possible that in manufacturing a bit of residue got inside the switches that needs to get broken up. Then repeat the above process.

-ud

What supergun are you using. The HAS only works if it was turned off before you connect the Decoder.

Hey @undamned -- can you please send me your address on PM so I can send the decoder back to you?

Try this:
Power OFF
Hold button on Decoder
Power ON Decoder (you can release button after power applied)
Connect USB between Decoder & PC

If that doesn't work, try pressing the button on the Decoders a few times, unpowered. It's possible that in manufacturing a bit of residue got inside the switches that needs to get broken up. Then repeat the above process.

-ud
there`s no update button in the 15-pin terminal one and i followed this video:

The difference is that i`m using a cps3.

i hold the test button on the cps3, plug the ud-usb in the supergun and in the pc, no light at all. Maybe it`s something related to the cps3? i have to test it in another pcb maybe?

both of of the ud-usb works fine, but just cant update. And there`s one doubt- maybe i have to plug the ``test`` screw in the ud-usb into the ``test`` switch of the game?

Is there somewhere else to buy these besides Paradise Arcade? They want $58 USD to ship one to Canada via FedEx.... (cheapest option)
I asked Paradise about this a little while back and they told me this:

"If they select first class international economy they will get a lower price. The program is called Endicia. We will refund any postage overpayments as well. So just ask them to contact us and we can still take care of them for an affordable price."

there`s no update button in the 15-pin terminal one and i followed this video:
The difference is that i`m using a cps3.

i hold the test button on the cps3, plug the ud-usb in the supergun and in the pc, no light at all. Maybe it`s something related to the cps3? i have to test it in another pcb maybe?

both of of the ud-usb works fine, but just cant update. And there`s one doubt- maybe i have to plug the ``test`` screw in the ud-usb into the ``test`` switch of the game?
There is a button on the DB-15 unit. There is not a button on the Terminal Block version, which is likely why you are confused :)

Follow the firmware update instructions at the end of the manual titled "Manual v.1.0 (8 Button - October 2014)": udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html

If you have wired the "TEST" signal from your JAMMA harness/Supergun to the "TEST" terminal on the decoder, you can use your CPS3 "TEST switch during the update procedure.

-ud

Last edited:
I asked Paradise about this a little while back and they told me this:

"If they select first class international economy they will get a lower price. The program is called Endicia. We will refund any postage overpayments as well. So just ask them to contact us and we can still take care of them for an affordable price."
I agree that USPS (first class int'l) would be the best option, but it is not an option during checkout. I will email Bryan and ask... hate when buying from a company becomes a hassle.

Just came across this thread and sent you a pm. Also, I'm local :)

Still no ETA on the db-15?
Sorry, thought I was going to have some assembled last month, but got caught up w/ other things. Will try to get stuff ordered this week and hopefully have some for Christmas :D
-ud

Back