What's new
Quick sanity check question: I have a couple older decoders I bought off you at Evo about 5 years ago.
I haven’t upgraded the firmware in all this time.
Can I go straight to upgrading to the latest firmware, or do I need to gradually update through firmware revisions to get the most up-to-date?
No worries, just jump to latest :)
-ud

So I read the manual for the db-15 version firmware procedure.

Something doesn't make sense to me: the powering up the UD-USB Decoder... Do I need to have this connected to a supergun to update? It doesn't receive power from the USB connection does it? Because when I connect it to my PC, and hold the Test button, I don't get any indicator LED light at all.

I just want to confirm, because attaching 2 incoming connectors that have live voltage lines scares the hell out of me.

Awesome, thank you. Sorry for being basic. This is the first time I've ever upgraded the firmware on these things. LOL :D

USB Decoder has a power controller for its own +5V USB output, so supergun +5V will never be hard-wired to your PC USB +5V.
-ud

@undamned I might be the only one here in this situation so bear with me. I've been regularly using the UD-CPS2 A board, from way back when you first offered them. Problem I'm running into is my players tend to not use legacy 360/PS3 devices anymore at our local events and I've had to supply my own as a backup option. I'm assuming the firmware on those decoders are upgradable as well? If so, what's the correct process?

Flashed my decoders successfully last night.
Thanks for the help!

one last question, are there recommend screws I can use to secure my decoders to my HAS? I feel they’re too easy to detach from the DB-15 ports.

@undamned I might be the only one here in this situation so bear with me. I've been regularly using the UD-CPS2 A board, from way back when you first offered them. Problem I'm running into is my players tend to not use legacy 360/PS3 devices anymore at our local events and I've had to supply my own as a backup option. I'm assuming the firmware on those decoders are upgradable as well? If so, what's the correct process?
http://udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html

when you download the latest firmware, there’s a readme file in there at explains the process for the UD-CPS2 firmware update.

one last question, are there recommend screws I can use to secure my decoders to my HAS? I feel they’re too easy to detach from the DB-15 ports.
I jacked mine from another connecter and use them the same way you're intending. Word of advice, don't screw it on too tight. I had one on too tight and it stopped working until I loosened it up.

If anyone tried buying from Paradise Arcade since last week and got the "item no longer in stock" notice on the product page, it's likely because they were put on hold while Paradise was out of town for Frosty Faustings.

Back up now: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home...d-usb-decoders/1551_undamned-db15-usb-decoder

I have a few international orders I need to ship, but other than that, I think we are pretty well caught up after the drought :)

- EDIT -

Paradise currently handles the manufacturing of the screw terminal version and they just sent me notice that a batch is on its way to me for programming. So, for those of you who have been waiting on the screw terminal version, I expect those to be back up on their site early Feb.
-ud

Let me chime in and say again I'm using the two USB ones and they fucking rock! Thanks for making these Undamned!

Also, I sent you a PM, but I'll post it here as well. Any chance next firmware update can include ability to remap start and coin (although coin is less important) to regular 1-6 buttons? Start is used as an action button on a few games, and coin will help games where in 4 player mode, the coin shut is locked into a certain character.

I've asked RGB to do the re-mapping on the HAS, but unfortunately, he's out of remapable slots on his chip. I'm hoping you can do it on yours instead!

Thanks again man, these things rock!

Any chance next firmware update can include ability to remap start and coin (although coin is less important) to regular 1-6 buttons? Start is used as an action button on a few games, and coin will help games where in 4 player mode, the coin shut is locked into a certain character.

I've asked RGB to do the re-mapping on the HAS, but unfortunately, he's out of remapable slots on his chip. I'm hoping you can do it on yours instead!
I really don't have any plans to do that (nor do I have plans to allow remapping of the directions, which I've also been asked). I have some ideas for future features and they will require some fixed buttons, so at this point I'm unwilling to give up Start/Select.
-ud

Ended up ordering a pack (100) of #4-40 jackscrews that do the job perfectly.
D1B316DF-DB63-4F09-8005-C193D95E1136.jpeg

Nice and secured. I’ve got short USB extensions I use as ‘break-away’ cables, so the Decoders stay on the HAS, and people can plug in their controls via the extension cables and not have to touch anything else. This is vital for a tournament situation where people are plugging in and out their USB cords.

If anyone wants a set of 2 of these jackscrews, let me know. I’ve got a bunch in this pack. Just pay for the postage. *forget that, I can fit these in an envelope and use postage stamps. No need to pay for anything, if you need some just let me know how many and where to ship*

Last edited:
TBH in a tournament situation I'm going to be using DB15 extension cords because I don't want anybody near a partially exposed supergun. I have been trying to figure out a decent way of securing the UD-USBs to an extension cable though. Something like this may help, as in screw the bolt end of the jackscrew into the extension cable's screws, and secure the screw end of the jack screw with a nut.

Last edited:
D1B316DF-DB63-4F09-8005-C193D95E1136.jpeg

Nice and secured. I’ve got short USB extensions I use as ‘break-away’ cables, so the Decoders stay on the HAS, and people can plug in their controls via the extension cables and not have to touch anything else. This is vital for a tournament situation where people are plugging in and out their USB cords.

If anyone wants a set of 2 of these jackscrews, let me know. I’ve got a bunch in this pack. Just pay for the postage.
  1. ill take a total 4 jacl screws. I also have two of the usb decoders. Send me dm with the details. Also thanks for the offer @opt2not

TBH in a tournament situation I'm going to be using DB15 extension cords because I don't want anybody near a partially exposed supergun. I have been trying to figure out a decent way of securing the UD-USBs to an extension cable though. Something like this may help, as in screw the bolt end of the jackscrew into the extension cable's screws, and secure the screw end of the jack screw with a nut.
yeah, that’s why I use cheap USB extension cords that connect to the screwed-in Decoders. I don’t even want people to touch the Decoders! With my setup, you don’t need DB15 extensions. Just leave the Decoders on the HAS, and have people plug into the USB extenders. The extension cables also work as break-away connections, in case you have a salty rage quitter yanking on the cord after gettin’ bodied LOL.

Sending you a pm now of how many you need.

1. ill take a total 4 jacl screws. I also have two of the usb decoders. Send me dm with the details. Also thanks for the offer @opt2not
sent you a PM!

If anyone wants a set of 2 of these jackscrews, let me know. I’ve got a bunch in this pack. Just pay for the postage.
PMing you now.

yeah, that’s why I use cheap USB extension cords that connect to the screwed-in Decoders. I don’t even want people to touch the Decoders! With my setup, you don’t need DB15 extensions. Just leave the Decoders on the HAS, and have people plug into the USB extenders. The extension cables also work as break-away connections, in case you have a salty rage quitter yanking on the cord after gettin’ bodied LOL.
Sending you a pm now of how many you need.
Now that you mention it, I have used a USB extension before when running a head 2 head setup over the UD-CPS2. It works though it probably wouldn't be a good idea to use too long of a USB extension. The biggest issue was people not being able to see the light when they needed to re-bind their buttons or make sure their controller was detecting in the first place, so I'm torn about what extension to use in that situation.

I also have a fringe case requiring DB15 extensions, due to having a consolized Atomiswave where the DB15s jacks are incorrectly wired for UD-USBs, so I had to make adapter cables since I really don't want to open up a consolized Atomiswave unless I have to.

If anyone wants a set of 2 of these jackscrews, let me know. I’ve got a bunch in this pack. Just pay for the postage. *forget that, I can fit these in an envelope and use postage stamps. No need to pay for anything, if you need some just let me know how many and where to ship*
PM sent and thanks :)

Yo I wish I saw this earlier. Can I get 4 of those screws? I’ll PayPal you the money. I tried finding my own and couldn’t.

Anyone disable button 4 on HAS Version 4? Trying to fix the mvs D button being tied to LK. Tl;dr can't do darkness illusion raging demon input because of it. I've tried holding LK (D button) on power up but it only disables on a real neo geo controller. This is with a undamned USB decoder using a PS4 controller and UFB arcade stick.

I feel like im holding the wrong button (even though in the test menu the button im holding on power up is LK).

@undamned have you ever disabled button 4 on a HAS supergun version 4 using a brooks UFB? Manual states to hold DB15 pin 4 (MVS D) button on power up of HAS. Only question is can your undamned usb decoder do that? I can't get it disabled on UNDAMNED USB Decoder - ps4 controller or brooks UFB arcade stick. The HAS disables button 4 if I plug in a real neo geo db 15 controller and hold mvs D button. Tl;dr can't do raging demon inputs on vampire savior.

Last edited:
Back