What's new
2 things:

- What is the top jumper set for (5V or 3V)?

- To test the decoder itself (no harnesses), hook up only 5V and GND to the decoder, plug in a game controller, and grab a voltmeter. Put the voltmeter between GND and UP and watch the voltage change when you hit UP on your controller. Now go through every terminal the same way for each direction and button signal on your controller.

-ud

hi UD, I am using the decoder with a Sega Saturn USB wireless dongle (Retrobit). All the buttons except the hard punch are on the face buttons. Is it possible to change the hard punch from right trigger to button C anyhow? Thanks

2 things:

- To test the decoder itself (no harnesses), hook up only 5V and GND to the decoder, plug in a game controller, and grab a voltmeter. Put the voltmeter between GND and UP and watch the voltage change when you hit UP on your controller. Now go through every terminal the same way for each direction and button signal on your controller.

-ud
They were both set at 5v, I will test with a voltmeter like you suggested soon, thank you for the reply.

undamned do you have db15 to neo geo adpter to sell please?

undamned-neo-geo-adapter-for-db15-usb-decoder.jpg

Dear Undamed Sir,

I am very sorry to be pestering you on this

May I please kindly ask how is the progress of adding support for the PowerA Controller to your DB15 USB Decoder coming along Sir ?

Thank you very much for doing this

Thank you very much for making the DB15 USB Decoder too

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you and kind regards Sir

Dear Undamed Sir,

May I please kindly ask how is the progress of adding support for the PowerA Controller to your DB15 USB Decoder coming along Sir ?

Sorry for the lengthy delay, cat. They have been sitting on the floor in front of my desk since you sent them. If it's any consolation, I haven't made any other changes before working on yours :)

I hope to add support for those and a few others soon.
-ud

Dear Undamed Sir,

Sorry for the lengthy delay, cat. They have been sitting on the floor in front of my desk since you sent them. If it's any consolation, I haven't made any other changes before working on yours :)
I hope to add support for those and a few others soon.
-ud
@Undamed

Dear Undamed Sir,

Thank you very much for the quick reply

Thank you very much for offering to add support to both the PowerA Controllers

I know it is very hard work and I really appreciate it very much Sir

Thank you very much for making the DB15 USB Decoders

They are a God Send on a Dark Cold and Rainy Night

When I play my CPSII Games via the RGB HAS deep deep deep down in my Dark Dungeon

Thank you everyone on this Forum for all their help too

Thank you Everyone

Two questions:
  1. What is the least expensive controller compatible with UD USB Decoder?
  2. Anyone use UD USB Decoder with the 2x10 multi-console header in a test bench setup
    • Actually, anyone using the 2x10 multi-console header in any kind of setup at all. Please post pics
Working on a test bench setup with this device. Have it all figured out (I think) with the exception of what controller to use.

2 things:

-ud
@undamned

I did the steps you asked me to do, sorry it took so long,been caught up with life situations.....

Board #1
- set to 5v jumper
-used voltmeter with just GND and 5+
-all inputs read 5v on all buttons
-all inputs drop to 1/0 EXCEPT FOR 3P
-3P button drops to 3.90

Board #2
- set to 5v jumper
-used voltmeter with just GND and 5+
-all inputs read 5v on all buttons EXCEPT FOR P1 *READS 3.26
-all inputs drop to 1/0 EXCEPT FOR P1
-P1 button doesn't move on voltmeter stays at 3.26

Last edited:
@Undamed

A very good day to you Undamed Sir,
I hope you are doing Very Well Sir,

I am extremely sorry for pestering you like this

I know that you are extremely busy

May I please kindly ask if you have made any progress with adding of PowerA Controllers support to your DB15 USB Decoders ?

@Undamed

A very good day to you Undamed Sir,
I hope you are doing Very Well Sir,

I am extremely sorry for pestering you like this

I know that you are extremely busy

May I please kindly ask if you have made any progress with adding of PowerA Controllers support to your DB15 USB Decoders ?

I opened one of the boxes! These are premium controllers! And I started clearing off my desk! I hope to do some testing this week :)
-ud

I've always wanted to add usb controller functionality to an arcade cabinet. Recently I have been working on an astro city cabinet and have plans to wire in UD USB Screw Terminal Decoders into the harness to have a dual action control system. I'd like to keep the original Astro CP controls but add the ability to plug in your own stick for those that are very picky of the controls that they play on.

As I get closer to the project I'm left thinking I really don't know what would be best way to tap the controls.

Do I just splice the leads into the wiring at the button? At the jamma harness? at the AMP connectors on the control?

What do you guys think?

Back