What's new
@darkgunsou86, yes, decoder must get power from the supergun, but as instructed, the firmware update button on the Decoder must be held down when first powered up by the supergun. After power up, it's ok to release the button.

Wow, that shouldn't affect your PSU. Wonder what's going on there.

Yeah, shoot me a PM and we'll sort out a solution.
-ud

Any of these (DB15) still available?
I really need one (or even better two) :)

Hi all,
any idea if UD-USB Decoders are still available for sale plz ? I need 2 units :)
No more stock on paradisearcadeshop!

Thanks a lot

I've always wanted to add usb controller functionality to an arcade cabinet. Recently I have been working on an astro city cabinet and have plans to wire in UD USB Screw Terminal Decoders into the harness to have a dual action control system. I'd like to keep the original Astro CP controls but add the ability to plug in your own stick for those that are very picky of the controls that they play on.

As I get closer to the project I'm left thinking I really don't know what would be best way to tap the controls.

Do I just splice the leads into the wiring at the button? At the jamma harness? at the AMP connectors on the control?

What do you guys think?
my friend and I did this recently, he has an astro and I have a blast.
He tapped his decoder into the controls.

I made a AMP harness splitter. Comes out from the cab. One goes to original controls. And the other goes to the 20 pin or whatever connector on the UD board.

They both worked out just fine. Just depends on what you have the ability to do. Overall pretty easy.
Been thinking about this passively for a couple of years for JAMMA cabs. But only now have picked up the skills to do something about it. I think I'll have a better solution for this shortly. Will work with U.S. JAMMA cabs and Japanese cabs (buttons 4 & 5 are the edge connector). Basically, will just be a modification of @Frank_fjs JAMMA Adapter like the one below that will have headers for you to plug in the DB15 connection or the 2x10 MC header on the terminal strip version.

index.php

Let me think it through and I'll whip something up. There will be one version for each the DB-15 version and the terminal strip version w/2x10 console header. Both will require simple soldering which anyone can do within 10 minutes.

Is there an updated compatibility list anywhere?

I'm looking to see if the Hori Rap N series of sticks has been tested and verified to work with the UD decoders.

Thanks in advance!

Is there an updated compatibility list anywhere?

I'm looking to see if the Hori Rap N series of sticks has been tested and verified to work with the UD decoders.

Thanks in advance!
I don't think I've personally used one of those, but I don't believe I have any outstanding reports of any other Hori stick not working.
-ud

I’m getting a panel made so I can use two @undamned boards on my NNC. I did a mock up and showed @alberto1225 the website Where the panel mount USB was sold and apparently he will be able to do it. This will be great for people that hate to use the house sticks or people who love game pads. At any rate here’s the mock up I made.

jzEKBHA.jpg

I'm probably being dense, but where does one find the bootloader, to update the firmware? I've got the firmware downloaded, UD-USB (DB15 version) is powered with alternating red/green lights flashing, and I can't figure out what to do next. I'm probably overlooking something really simple...

Last edited:
^Been there. Downloaded firmware 1.4d. Plugged the ud-USB into computer with USB a-to-a cable. Powered ud-usb while holding the button on the bottom of it. Alternating red/green lights are flashing on the ud-usb. Windows detects an unknown device.

The instructions for flashing the device say to use the windows boot loader. I dont see a boot loader anywhere. :( ?(

What did you do with the txt files inside the zip?
-ud

got it, thanks. Knew it was something simple I was overlooking.

Not sure how old the previous firmware was, but feels like 1.4d provides better responsiveness with my mad catz soul calibur v stick (x360 version).

Nothing should change regarding responsiveness on any updates (it's already maxed at 1ms polling). Updates are generally to expand controller support and fix obscure issues that not many users are even aware of.
-ud

Back