What's new
@Niko asked me if I could test my DA15 this weekend to try to get to the bottom of this.

I tested with my old and with my new adapter

Fired up the X2 Multi, selected Streetfighter, verified that all was good using my NAMCO rebuild stick.

Then reprogrammed the buttons, on my XBOX360 Stick (hold down three buttons and then remap) all buttons registered although I noticed that button 5 and 6 swapped places.
Which XBOX360 stick are you using?
-ud

I am using the HORI Fighting Stick EX2, when I do the remap I go like this:

Code:
A B C 
D E F
Code:
Where:

A - B 
B - X 
C - Y
D - A
E - LT
F - RT
For some reason it swaps around LT & RT.

On my side, it may be a problem with my supergun mod :)
I did a continuity test with a multimeter between each pin on db15 side and connector on screw terminal on the other side, and there all "beeping".
I have 4 DB15 UD USB, and they all give me the same result.

EDIT: I can confirm that my DB15 UD USB is not faulty at all. I've plugged it to a terminal block dsub connector, and plugged this terminal block to the big screw terminal of my supergun.... an everything is working fine.
So in my case, the problem is me and my supergun mod ;)
But I don't know what to do, I'm a real noob in electricity stuff and soldering ;(
Hi @undamned, no idea concerning my issue ?
I've asked to smallcab guys but they replied they don't know the decoder I'm using so it's not really their problem ;)
I know it's not your problem neither as your decoder is working perfectly ;) but just in case you have a brilliant idea for helping me.

Hi @undamned, no idea concerning my issue ?I've asked to smallcab guys but they replied they don't know the decoder I'm using so it's not really their problem ;)
I know it's not your problem neither as your decoder is working perfectly ;) but just in case you have a brilliant idea for helping me.
I gotta look at a few things this weekend. I'll try to give it some thoughts :D
-ud

Sorry, guys, I've been trying to get some stuff organized. For the moment, here's a chart that shows 6 of the known DB15 variants out there:

6cX1SDE.png

I'll hopefully have more thoughts in the next couple days regarding questions asked in this thread.
-ud

Last edited:
It's so annoying that it's all different :(
Dude, tell me about it. When I designed the decoders I was not aware of JNX layout (which is quite nice, actually) and Windy, Smallcab, and Retroelectronik didn't even exist. The etoki PS2 adapter pinout had become the closest thing to a JAMMA+ DB15 standard beyond what Neo Geo had established.

@Niko & @tom5151, I think I know what's wrong w/ the signal that is stuck on always. Fix should be a simple firmware update. Basically in the last hardware revision, I made provision for future use of Pin 9 (whereas in previous versions it is not connected at all). My guess is that my firmware is always asserting that signal, since I'm not intentionally controlling it yet. I'll try to get that change made this weekend and post up. Sorry for the booboo. I'll detail later why I connected it in the first place :D

@rtw, sounds like a mapping problem in my firmware regarding the HORI Fighting Stick EX2. I thought I'd fixed HORI mapping a while back (it's different than the Madcatz and others), but maybe I didn't fix it enough :D (or perhaps the VID/PID changed in that model). I'll take a look at that when I address the fix above.

-ud

@undamned awesome news, let me know if you need me to pull out the VID/PID for you from my stick.

I don't stack D and K1 because people have found in certain games like Vampire Savior(Can't remember if I or II) that with Akuma you can't pull off the Raging Demon because Capcom somehow left the D button active. So I'm not even sure if there are other games where the stacking causes problems.

But also, there are some JNX Superguns with the Etokki pinout as that's what was requested.

I don't stack D and K1 because people have found in certain games like Vampire Savior(Can't remember if I or II) that with Akuma you can't pull off the Raging Demon because Capcom somehow left the D button active. So I'm not even sure if there are other games where the stacking causes problems.

But also, there are some JNX Superguns with the Etokki pinout as that's what was requested.
I always leave them separate too. On 7 button sticks I wire the top 4 to jamma and the bottom 3 to kick harness. in my cabs I just leave quick disconnects there in case I need to move buttons 4/5 between jamma/kick.

@undamned Thanks again for these adapters, i love em.. ^^

One thing though, I can't for the life of me get my XBOX 360 controller to work. An official standard microsoft wireless XBOX 360 controller with play and charge kit should work, right? Might it be that I am trying with a european version? Or should there be no difference? I'm using the latest firmware. PS3/4 and Brooke Universal Fightingboard are A OK. 8)

Any chance of adding support for the Wii U™ Pro Controller in the near future? :saint:
I don't think I replied to this! I don't believe play and charge kit is same USB device type as normal wired controller. I picked one up a while back, but never got around to playing with it. It's on my todo list, though. Did you try a Wii U Pro on the latest firmware (1.4a)? I heard it works :D

Hi @undamned, did you find time to work on the update ?
I did actually! See if this version fixes your (also paging @Niko) problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zv3ZUzdVaRRMRKJWnjxqjBSR7wH3ywqZ

@rtw - I did some messing around with various controllers (X360 HRAP EX-SE, PS4 HRAP4 Kai, etc.) and have yet to reproduce the swapped button problem. I'll ask around to try to get more clues as to what could be happening.

-ud

@rtw - I did some messing around with various controllers (X360 HRAP EX-SE, PS4 HRAP4 Kai, etc.) and have yet to reproduce the swapped button problem. I'll ask around to try to get more clues as to what could be happening.
Here are some details from the stick:
FightingStickEX2, VendorId: 0f0d, Pid: 000d

Last edited:
Hi @undamned, did you find time to work on the update ?
I did actually! See if this version fixes your (also paging @Niko) problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zv3ZUzdVaRRMRKJWnjxqjBSR7wH3ywqZ

-ud
Thanks a lot, tested and approved :thumbsup:
Everything is now working fine on my CPS3 setup with a PS3 or a Q4 RAF controller.

Last edited:
Awesome! I'll test it out first tomorrow when I get home.

Hey, These sound awesome! Are they still available? I'm keen to grab a couple if they are.

I’ve got a mayflash f300, will that function with this?

Has supergun! :)
Mmm, not sure about mayflash. I think those are generic PC (though probably also work on PS3), which my driver may not like.
Hey, These sound awesome! Are they still available? I'm keen to grab a couple if they are.
they are awesome. have at it!https://paradisearcadeshop.com/undamned-usb-decoder/1551-undamned-db15-usb-decoder.html

(screw terminal version out of stock but I'm sure undamned can comment on the restock timing)
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/undamned-usb-decoder/1491-undamned-usb-decoder.html
Awesome! Sweet I'll order some now. :thumbsup:
I've got another batch of the screw terminal version already built up, just need to get 'em off to Paradise. If you find that international shipping from Paradise is a killer, hit me up. I can sell direct. And wow, you have 7x Excelleenas?! Sweet! :D
-ud

Back