What's new
I've got another batch of the screw terminal version already built up, just need to get 'em off to Paradise. If you find that international shipping from Paradise is a killer, hit me up. I can sell direct. And wow, you have 7x Excelleenas?! Sweet!
-ud
Damn I just made my order.. Are the screw terminal versions for wiring in a standard buttons and sticks without the XBox PS3 encoders? Are these needed with a HAS or can I just wire the buttons and Stick direct through a DB15 connector? I lterally only just got it and have been so busy I haven't even had a chance to get it setup yet.

Yeah 7 Exceleena 2's and no garage space haha but they are sweet. I'm a big fan of the drink holders, perfect size for your beer. :thumbsup: Current Setup Raiden II, Tekken 3, Snow Bros. Hyper SFII Anniversay (waiting for the DSCPS2 to arrive), 2 Slot MVS with KOF 2003 and KOF 97 (waiting for the DSMUlti) , MAME and one down with Monitor issues. There is an Exceleena up for grabs that I'm currently bidding on as well. If I win that I'll definitely have to pass a couple on to some other lucky punter.

Thanks!

It does have a ps3 mode which seems to be the option that works with most things.

I can replace the pcb if needed, but I definitely dig the shell and form factor.

hey @undamned, I believe in the thread on SRK you made mention of connecting the decoder to MC Chthulhu for a legacy converter. Did you ever do this and, if so, how well did it work?

Also, did you ever publish and data on lag using specific pcb's with the decoder? Iirc, I read the MC was 2ms & the PS360+ was 1.5ms in one of the modes but I don't think I ever saw info on anything else.

I’ve got a mayflash f300, will that function with this?

Has supergun! :)
Mmm, not sure about mayflash. I think those are generic PC (though probably also work on PS3), which my driver may not like.
Hey, These sound awesome! Are they still available? I'm keen to grab a couple if they are.
they are awesome. have at it!https://paradisearcadeshop.com/undamned-usb-decoder/1551-undamned-db15-usb-decoder.html
(screw terminal version out of stock but I'm sure undamned can comment on the restock timing)
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/undamned-usb-decoder/1491-undamned-usb-decoder.html
Awesome! Sweet I'll order some now. :thumbsup:
I've got another batch of the screw terminal version already built up, just need to get 'em off to Paradise. If you find that international shipping from Paradise is a killer, hit me up. I can sell direct. And wow, you have 7x Excelleenas?! Sweet! :D -ud
Looking forward to picking up some screw terminals! Gonna try to padhack some Wii classic controllers in order to create converters for the SNES mini!

Hey guys!

I recent got a mayflash f300 to use with my HAS 3.1 supergun and undamned decoders and I noticed the button mapping isn’t correct for CPS2 stuff. Any tips? I’ve gone over the mayflash “manual” but no luck. Thanks!

Hey guys!

I recent got a mayflash f300 to use with my HAS 3.1 supergun and undamned decoders and I noticed the button mapping isn’t correct for CPS2 stuff. Any tips? I’ve gone over the mayflash “manual” but no luck. Thanks!
Just remap the buttons to your liking.

Hey guys!

Just remap the buttons to your liking.
oh? That’s an option? Sweet! I didn’t know that!

UD Decoder has very nice remapping support too. If I remember right hold 3 or 4 buttons while you plug in the controller, some blink may happen (it's been a while since I've done it) and then you press lp mp hp lk mk hk (1-6) in that order. The only time I did it it was very easy.

Thanks guys, I’m an idiot (or just still jetlagged).

I see both the HAS and UD button mapping options now, thank you!!

So if one of my decoders just flashes a red light once, is that its way of telling me time to buy another decoder? I have some time this weekend to mess around with these things if there's a chance that light is telling me anything more than its broke.

So if one of my decoders just flashes a red light once, is that its way of telling me time to buy another decoder? I have some time this weekend to mess around with these things if there's a chance that light is telling me anything more than its broke.
Well, there's no intentional "flash red once" feature, so not sure what's going on w/ that. It worked fine until recently?
-ud

It should be a new one I picked up in spring but hadn't yet installed so it was never used until now unless I'm mixed up and it was the one I already had that was previously working. I'll likely head over to where my supergun is tomorrow and look for any blatant screw ups. I was hoping this was a sign of some obvious thing but I have a feeling I'm just going to need to get another.

I've got a VSHG which I'd like to use with Model 3 games, Spikeout FE in particular.
Will this decoder suit my needs? Are there any incompatibilities when using a Virtua Stick High Grade?

I've contemplated buying from Paradise but as people have stated, the shipping is a killer to UK.
Do you still have some to ship direct to UK? I'd like to buy 2 of them if shipping is not too bad.

Hey got these all set up and *love* them.

Is there any way to add screw posts to them? They keep falling out of my HAS due to the weight of the cords.

Thanks!

@undamned want to give you a heads up on something I noticed recently...

Not sure if it's been addressed anywhere but I saw that the Brook PCBs seem to need more than 6 buttons pressed for the button mapping process to work. It happened with several different sticks players used during a recent tournament I supported and all of the players (me included) have a Brook universal PCB installed. What happens is when we're in button mapping mode, the light continues to blink even after 6 buttons are pressed. If all 8 buttons are pressed, the blinking light goes away and the 6 buttons I want mapped work as expected. Is this something to be concerned about? Anything I can do to avoid this issue/behavior and make it work to where just the 6 necessary buttons I need mapped are required to be pressed?

Not sure if it's been addressed anywhere but I saw that the Brook PCBs seem to need more than 6 buttons pressed for the button mapping process to work. It happened with several different sticks players used during a recent tournament I supported and all of the players (me included) have a Brook universal PCB installed. What happens is when we're in button mapping mode, the light continues to blink even after 6 buttons are pressed. If all 8 buttons are pressed, the blinking light goes away and the 6 buttons I want mapped work as expected. Is this something to be concerned about? Anything I can do to avoid this issue/behavior and make it work to where just the 6 necessary buttons I need mapped are required to be pressed?
If you are talking about the screw terminal boards, "Manual v.1.0 (8 Button - October 2014)" covers this: http://udgametech.blogspot.com/p/firmware.html
J4 controls whether 6 or 8 button mapping. Remove jumper for 6 button.
-ud

Yep, it's the screw terminal version. I see the jumper - I'll remove and test again later today.

Hey guys, quick question

Has anyone had any luck using the new release of the PS4 pads (CUH-ZCT2U)? The ones with USB/Bluetooth options? The original ones (CUH-ZCT1U) work fine.

Thanks!

Hey guys, quick question

Has anyone had any luck using the new release of the PS4 pads (CUH-ZCT2U)? The ones with USB/Bluetooth options? The original ones (CUH-ZCT1U) work fine.

Thanks!
That's #1 on my firmware todo list. Not working at the moment, but thankfully it's the exception.
-ud

Back